Tom Lees

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

I recall a number of posts being highly critical of Tom Lees pre-Christmas and of course Luhukay unfairly and stupidly dropped him for a game which will certainly not have helped his confidence.

It is amazing just how quickly he has returned to being a real class act for us.

Bruce is the reason. 

I was critical of Lees earlier in the season and even tho I stated it wasn't all his fault the daft tactics didn't help him I thought the criticism was valid.

Now we have much better tactics and he is applying himself very well again and he deserves this praise. He is a good championship defender, his football ability is all that stops him playing in the premiership.

Still don't think hes captain material tho.

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

Sorted himself out hasn't he 

But if only people would encourage anyone who isn't in a good place for whatever reason - the resurrection of form would come that much quicker than going off on one. Basic parenthood - encourage and support...  

9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Funny how, iwth very few additions, the same men who were sufferijgvunder Jos are now playing their hearts out for Bruce. Obviously a different regime, but that can't be the only factor, and some of the blame must rest with th eplayers themselves. However, let's forget the blame games. They are past. Let's look forward.

At elast we appear to have new acquisitions in Sam, Tom, Liam , and Fletcher, who are all playing like different men.

JjfK.gif

• Haha 3

More settled team and tactics 

No trying to play football across the back 

But most importantly the fact Hutch and Westwood are back. 

Lees might be our captain and I have no problem with that but he doesn’t thrive on responsibility.

He is a lot happier with Hutch and Westwood being leaders and him getting on with his game 

Interesting how his return to form coincides with the reinstatement of Westwood.

You really can't underestimate the importance of a top quality keeper behind the back 4.

If you are reading Mr Chansiri, please for the love of everything holy get this lad tied down to a new contract asap.