Are we mathematically safe?

On 17/02/2019 at 08:01, sibon said:

We can’t go down, for the same reason that we can’t make the playoffs. 

There are too many teams between us and relegation. Just as all the teams between us and sixth can’t lose every game, all the teams below us can’t win every game.

Oh. Ipswich and Bolton are poo too. Proper poo .

Unless we get deducted 12 points for falling foul of FFP!

Sorry if this has been said before but.....

FFS. What a stupid question. Can’t you just do the maths or were you that kid at school who spent the whole class picking his nose whilst staring out of the window and fiddling with his todger through his trousers? 

This isn’t an matter of conjecture. it’s simple fact. 

F*ck me! 

Knob.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Actually, yes they can

34 points to get to the same points as the current no. 1 from a total of 39 available. BUT there's 21 teams between them and the top, you have to factor in that some of these will gain points too... I didn't do the maths, because frankly I couldn't be arsed lol, but I don't think it's mathematically possible for all the results to even go the way that they could actually win it. So I stick by my original conclusion.

8 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

34 points to get to the same points as the current no. 1 from a total of 39 available. BUT there's 21 teams between them and the top, you have to factor in that some of these will gain points too... I didn't do the maths, because frankly I couldn't be arsed lol, but I don't think it's mathematically possible for all the results to even go the way that they could actually win it. So I stick by my original conclusion.

You are missing their whole point of “mathematically” safe. It means there is no mathematical way. Not that it isn’t likely. Or that it probably won’t happen. It means it cannot happen.

Reacting to your neg btw not yr post.

Edited by jamthesun

51 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

You are missing their whole point of “mathematically” safe. It means there is no mathematical way. Not that it isn’t likely. Or that it probably won’t happen. It means it cannot happen.

Reacting to your neg btw not yr post.

Neg was only because I felt you went a bit overboard with hostility and could just say 'no'. Anyhow, I'm not talking about us, I was responding to someone claiming mathematically that Rotherham could win the Championship.

36 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Neg was only because I felt you went a bit overboard with hostility and could just say 'no'. Anyhow, I'm not talking about us, I was responding to someone claiming mathematically that Rotherham could win the Championship.

Which they can.....plenty of draws in the games Rotherham aren’t playing in would be all it took 

19 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

You just know this is possible. Its the Wednesday way.

Sorry , just read Brum's massive FFP points deduction includes only 6 points for their £39 million 3 - year loss.

If a precedent for us, looks like we'll be safe in Championship -  probably for next few years, unless Brucey pulls a miracle.

44 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Sorry , just read Brum's massive FFP points deduction includes only 6 points for their £39 million 3 - year loss.

If a precedent for us, looks like we'll be safe in Championship -  probably for next few years, unless Brucey pulls a miracle.

TBF I don't think Brums 6 point deduction will be a precedent for us.

From all the reports I've seen it appears that both Brum and ourselves had discussions with EFL regarding ways to reduce spending and cut future losses.

It seems we have complied and Brum haven't, so we should in theory, be looked at in a different light.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

TBH It was a bit over the top (I may have had a drink) but it is a stupid question.:-)

• Like 1

On 20/02/2019 at 10:34, Hookowl said:

From all the reports I've seen it appears that both Brum and ourselves had discussions with EFL regarding ways to reduce spending and cut future losses.

It seems we have complied and Brum haven't, so we should in theory, be looked at in a different light.

They also getting extra points for poor conduct , plus these 6 for £39 million breach.

And they don't have non - trading shell companies and 'friends' for FFP.

Unlike Chansiri whose conduct may also come under scrutiny.

On 20/02/2019 at 09:34, Hookowl said:

Hopefully they'll award us extra points instead of a deduction then HMSPTL is truly back on. Believe.

Or not.:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1