WATCH: Steve Bruce Press Conference

9 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Fekkin journos, made it all about DC rather than SB.

The main mixed 'conference' bit is always like that.

Anything said in 'conference' manner can be used by all the journo's outlets there (and is streamed live nowadays). The journo's want an exclusive or original line to use in their content so people will read/watch/listen on THEIR platform. 

The press know they are going to get a one-on-one straight after so they don't blast out their best questions during the conference and only ever rush through one or two generic questions to get it over with so they can get their own piece.

There'll be more with the new manager coming up via each of the journalists soon.

2 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

IS THAT IT?

FFS, a perfect opportunity for questions about will there be any movement in or out of the club today? What are your priorities for the team? Backroom staff? What has he learnt from SA and SC short time with the players? Style of play? Any recruitment priorities?

Honest to God that has to go down as  the worst unveiling of a new manager I've ever seen.  Fans finally have something to get behind and the local journalists are about as inquisitive as a dead sloth. 

To be fair, I'm pretty sure there's more to come but why they couldn't keep the stream running for the radio and TV bits, I don't know. 

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

The main mixed 'conference' bit is always like that.

Anything said in 'conference' manner can be used by all the journo's outlets there (and is streamed live nowadays). The journo's want an exclusive or original line to use in their content so people will read/watch/listen on THEIR platform. 

The press know they are going to get a one-on-one straight after so they don't blast out their best questions during the conference and only ever rush through one or two generic questions to get it over with so they can get their own piece.

That makes way more sense. But I thought the regular pre-match press conferences were streamed in full. Isn't the first bit all for Radio Sheffield's interview, with Dom Howson and a few others then asking questions after?

Just now, Polar said:

That makes way more sense. But I thought the regular pre-match press conferences were streamed in full. Isn't the first bit all for Radio Sheffield's interview, with Dom Howson and a few others then asking questions after?

Yeah, generally. The club make the routine pre-match conferences a bit of a 'mixed' zone. Journo's can request one-on-one's afterwards if they have specific questions or a unique line they are going for.

For a 'big' press conference like manager unveiling, all the press are told beforehand that they'll get a brief one-on-one after the main mixed bit (they would all request one anyway if not!), so they keep their powder dry until they get the subject to themselves.

• Thanks 1

Ruined by idiotic questions from journalists looking for a story the fans aren't interested in hearing, time and a place for that, today was about the manager, his opinions, aspirations and objectives. 

Liked what little I saw of Bruce, the experienced manager we've been wanting. Hopefully over the forthcoming weeks we learn more about how his Wednesday side will play, plans for rebuilding etc.

Is it me, or did the local media yet again try to get their pound of flesh?

I don't mind the questioning as such. But there is a time and place, and it's not like Chansiri hasn't already answered them.

Fair fcks to Bruce for stepping in and shutting down that particular line of questioning.