WATCH: Steve Bruce Press Conference

4 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Is it me, or did the local media yet again try to get their pound of flesh?

I don't mind the questioning as such. But there is a time and place, and it's not like Chansiri hasn't already answered them.

Fair fcks to Bruce for stepping in and shutting down that particular line of questioning. 

They like sticking the boot in and have done since Chansiri came in. 

I suspect that it's in part because Chansiri is good for a quote and they know he's pretty easy to wind up. 

1 hour ago, poite said:

Seriously. DC should have sat there as the man unveiling his new manager and refused to answer any questions himself at this time. It should have been expected that the session was about Bruce and his plans. 

Chansiri's rambling was embarrassing and Bruce looked as confused as everyone else listening to it.

It was as clear as mud what the chairman said. Can anybody summarise the bottom line cause I still have no idea whether we are up for sale or not.

6 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

whats the budget?

there isn't one

fine...that'll do for me

lol

Yeah that make me chuckle, good to see Bruce isn't expecting a budget even after all he has achieved as a manager.

He came across better than Chansiri, but the journalists are the ones at fault for asking him so many damn FFP questions. In Bruce's unveiling? Wtf

6 hours ago, spike1867 said:

IS THAT IT?

FFS, a perfect opportunity for questions about will there be any movement in or out of the club today? What are your priorities for the team? Backroom staff? What has he learnt from SA and SC short time with the players? Style of play? Any recruitment priorities?

Honest to God that has to go down as  the worst unveiling of a new manager I've ever seen.  Fans finally have something to get behind and the local journalists are about as inquisitive as a dead sloth. 

:carlos:

Well its been clear the local press are more than happy to be a destructive influence since they drove Carlos out of his mind. 

Welcome to Sheffield, Steve Bruce!

Doesn't surprise me our local press only wanted to know his opinion on Dem Trotters and FFP, and not how he plans to claw back an 11 point GAP. 

This IS happening 

lol

That was an awkward watch. Chansiri should have really just said the press conference was to introduce the new manager and questions should be related to that and primarily to Steve Bruce. Any savvy businessman/boss would have done this - politely and firmly put the reporters in their place.

DC terrifies me when speaking publicly. It's like Russian roulette. He's capable of saying absolutely anything at any time. The fella's... bizarre. Thank goodness Steve Bruce interjected, dug DC out and got the press conference back on track. Complete pro.

Was really encouraged with what SB had to say and has already looked to have done some great transfer business for us.

p.s. Can't believe DC turned down £2.5 billion for the club.

DC with all due respect needs to stop wheeling himself out in front of the press. Send Katriene out there please. 

Apart from the fact he is an easy target you cannot prevent him from saying '****'or'bugger' at any moment.

That interview was completely high jacked by 'journalists' who've got it in for the club. Starting with 'how are you emotionally and physically' is a cheap shot for starters. Should be ashamed. 

Edited by Mystic Neg

6 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

DC with all due respect needs to stop wheeling himself out in front of the press. Send Katriene out there please. 

Apart from the fact he is an easy target you cannot prevent him from saying '****'or'bugger' at any moment.

That interview was completely high jacked by 'journalists' who've got it in for the club. Starting with 'how are you emotionally and physically' is a cheap shot for starters. Should be ashamed. 

Why should DC stop turning up because of bellend "journos", What should have happened was DC told them to f*ck off, then steve bruce headbutted whoever asked the question to DC

26 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Why should DC stop turning up because of bellend "journos", What should have happened was DC told them to f*ck off, then steve bruce headbutted whoever asked the question to DC

You are right, because DC handles questions with the poise of David Dimbleby. 

After 25 pints of stella

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

You are right, because DC handles questions with the poise of David Dimbleby. 

So why not have a go at the "journos" who ask dumb questions not related to the press conference, and instead choose to have a go at the chairman? Maybe he should have refused to answer but then he would have been accused of being unprofessional. Bloke can't win

After 25 pints of stella

You did but it did seem that it was more aimed at DC than the plank "journos" I agree he isnt great, and his English doesnt help because sh*t gets lost in translation, but as far as I can see, he clearly does care about us, and is trying to do his best, no matter how misguided he is, and he wants to show support for his managers. I wasnt joking about wanting Bruce to Headbutt whoever asked DC about selling the club though. I'd pay to see that, hell maybe thats how he can get us to help FFP, sod club 1897, sell tickets to Bruce tw*tting "journos"

Awful viewing. Giddings proving himself to be a complete plugger as usual. It’s bloody obvious that DC’s point about this was lost in translation at the fans forum, yet Giddings and the rest of those ‘journalists’ are still asking about it. 

Bruce was the only one who came out well today despite looking highly uncomfortable. 

• Thanks 1