Added time

No one could blame the ref for not wanting to see more of that turgid second half than he had to, but there were 5 substitutions that half, all at different times, plus various stoppages for injuries (a couple of head injuries to their players for a start), yet we got just 3 minutes, and Bannan was injured for about a minute of that. But the final whistle came after just over the 3 minutes. Yes,  Luton very much deserved to get a replay, and I doubt very much that we'd have scored had any more time been played, but once again I'm left confused about what exactly the policy on added time is supposed to be.

54 minutes ago, papalazarowl said:

Need a external time keeper, who times exactly how long it takes for a player at the opposite side of the pitch to slowly walk off, and properly time injuries. 

Also for keepers who take the wee wee taking 45+ secs to take a goal kick.

They're voting on a new rule to say that players go off at closest sideline.

1 hour ago, Sova said:

No one could blame the ref for not wanting to see more of that turgid second half than he had to, but there were 5 substitutions that half, all at different times, plus various stoppages for injuries (a couple of head injuries to their players for a start), yet we got just 3 minutes, and Bannan was injured for about a minute of that. But the final whistle came after just over the 3 minutes. Yes,  Luton very much deserved to get a replay, and I doubt very much that we'd have scored had any more time been played, but once again I'm left confused about what exactly the policy on added time is supposed to be.

Villa game last week had 14 minutes i jury time. I checked the BBC real time text out of interest and there were only two stoppages of a minute each..... so yes plonk, they do make it up

Call me cynical but as the games were on TV for the foreign markets not a lot of added time so they can get the adverts on.

On a normal Saturday the PL games have always finished well before EFL ones, at the end of the day shouldn't matter what league it is it's 90 mins of football, same when ITV had CL games they were usually done by 9:33/4 whereas EFL (non-televised games) are finishing 5-6 mins later.