Press Conference

45 minutes ago, Quist said:

That was a mistake. I fully agree with every word you wrote. Not sure how it happened. I have corrected error. 

I was genuinely enthused by interview. Normally just watch and leave but thought had to comment. he was bright and cheerful put me in decent mood.

Once again sorry for impacting your meagre plus total.

That paragraph there sums me up perfectly. 

I got straight on the phone to me old mam and said 'Did you just watch that'? 

It wasn't just his words either, but his general demeanour, the way he held himself, just oozed confidence and positivity, something that's been missing for a while. 

• Like 1

Great presser. :ph34r: And he's just the bloke representing the new gaffer. Cheerful, optimistic and mentioned momentum a lot. Also, one team that comes into the play offs from off the pace / out of the pack. Clearly, there is still some ambition to reach the top 6 this season. Or at least, give it their best shot.

Hold on tight...........

UTO

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

We were 6th going into the international break in October after a 2-1 win at Bristol City, since then it took a downward turn.

The mental cracks had already surfaced in games beforehand but we bounced back well it seemed.

They then truly resurfaced and we were also punished cruelly when we made them too.

Strange, strange season as the stats thread showed posted yesterday.  A lot of our problems are/were (hopefully) in the head.

Don’t usually watch press conferences or listen to interviews but thought I’d see what the new guy has to say.

Impressed - he’s a football man, whatever that means. It’s clear they understand the job and they know (or will know) what they need to do to get that job done.

This is a very solid appointment. It might not work out - FFP makes things difficult in an already very diffficult league - but we’ve certainly got an experienced professional team on board.

I wish them the very best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

We are now 5/1 with Bet Victor for a top half finish. 4/1 last week. Only 4 points off 12th as it stands. And 66/1 with same, for a top 6 finish.

Time to open an account with them through Oddschecker. Can't see us finishing in bottom half now.  

Bets on. £20 @ 5/1 for top half. Daft quid @ 66/1 for top 6.

Hate to put a dampener on the mood here, but if you check the archives (I cba) I'm sure you'll find a great deal of positivity after the first press conferences of both Carlos and Jos. Only after things started to go pear shaped did the press conferences go a bit weird.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Hate to put a dampener on the mood here, but if you check the archives (I cba) I'm sure you'll find a great deal of positivity after the first press conferences of both Carlos and Jos. Only after things started to go pear shaped did the press conferences go a bit weird.

That's because they went a bit weird. lol