Gary Hooper

26 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

So you've said people deluded in one post before and now in 'cuckoo land' yet you've bleated on about form plenty yourself. 

Are you confused? If you genuinely think that having a fully fit Lee and Hooper back in the team will not improve us and be the difference between lower mid table and pushing for the play off's, then it is you who is deluded. Both players are exceptional at this level, fully fit they had so much to the team that we have been missing. 

Whether you agree or not, we look stable and solid, we look more likely to create chances and that's just in the last 4 games, there are maybe 3-4 teams above us who we should fear playing, the rest are nothing special and we can beat them all, especially with the likes of Lee & Hooper fit. Our form between now and the end of the season will be top 6 worthy, of that i am sure. Whether it's good enough to close the gap, well that depends on how other teams perform, but it is very open. 

Fair comment o Abdi though, not going to debate that point. 

How long will it take Lee or Hooper to get up to speed? A month coming off the bench here and there? They’ve not played in over a year. That’s a long time away from football, ask Alan Judge and Brentford fans. 

11 points is a huge gap to make up. It is pretty much unheard of at this level that sides can put a run together and make up that gap and get promoted. Fulham did it last season, but they were 5 points behind, not 11. It’s been done to death on here but history shows that the table is pretty much set in stone by now. 

I’m all for us finishing strongly. I would just rather DC doesn’t splash the cash to try and achieve promotion this month, to the detriment of the clubs financial position. I’d rather we just try and get as many points as possible and rebuild next season. Without players like Lee and Hooper who are the wrong side of 30 and injury prone (I love Kieran Lee btw but we need to be ruthless if we want to get anywhere, Bruce will know that) 

39 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Things can change very quickly in football.

like I said in another thread, 6 points gap changed to 11 in the space of 5 minutes injury time last Saturday.

Can easily change the other way.

Also Lee and Hooper will play again this season. And they are the best players in our squad. Its hardly cloud cuckoo land to suggest that may help us achieve our objective.

We aren’t making the Play Offs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

Just spoke to him in Derby 

Says he Hope's to be back playing in 5 weeks 

Just in time for Brucey 

Buzzing

UP THE OWLS !

Don't you mean you spoke to him in Frank Lampards Derby?

• Haha 2

For the sake of the person himself, I hope he gets fit even if we release him in the summer. It would be nice to see him overcome the injury spell just like I hope Lee will. Both are very good players and deserve to end their careers on a higher note than a long-term injury.

57 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We aren’t making the Play Offs. 

You are very probably right, but no team ever got motivated by aiming for mid table. Pressing for that outside chance is the best mind set to have to avoid complacency and the very real prospect of coasting through and getting into a relegation battle. Like we were doing.

Edited by Peacenocchio

Lee and Hooper will never play for us again, contracts up end of the season move them on and bring in some players who can actually contribute.

Also at their ages they aren't going to come back the same players after long lay offs.

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

With Hooper and Lee, there going to have to be very ‘realistic’ with there new contract demands 

Huge risk for anyone to take on either of them, Lee I think will stay at the club on reduced terms , Hooper is on huge wages so it’ll be interesting to see what happens he definitely needs to come back and play some football before this seasons over or for me he’s going to struggle to get anywhere near the kind of contracts he’s used to and probably rightly so 

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Things can change very quickly in football.

like I said in another thread, 6 points gap changed to 11 in the space of 5 minutes injury time last Saturday.

Can easily change the other way.

Also Lee and Hooper will play again this season. And they are the best players in our squad. Its hardly cloud cuckoo land to suggest that may help us achieve our objective.

We are in this position in league and have only played well 2 or 3 games and then not that good. The way things are this season its not too late to get into those playoff places at the end of season. 

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

We are in this position in league and have only played well 2 or 3 games and then not that good. The way things are this season its not too late to get into those playoff places at the end of season. 

Not for me,  but the opinions that matter are the managers and the chairman’s 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How long will it take Lee or Hooper to get up to speed? A month coming off the bench here and there? They’ve not played in over a year. That’s a long time away from football, ask Alan Judge and Brentford fans. 

11 points is a huge gap to make up. It is pretty much unheard of at this level that sides can put a run together and make up that gap and get promoted. Fulham did it last season, but they were 5 points behind, not 11. It’s been done to death on here but history shows that the table is pretty much set in stone by now. 

I’m all for us finishing strongly. I would just rather DC doesn’t splash the cash to try and achieve promotion this month, to the detriment of the clubs financial position. I’d rather we just try and get as many points as possible and rebuild next season. Without players like Lee and Hooper who are the wrong side of 30 and injury prone (I love Kieran Lee btw but we need to be ruthless if we want to get anywhere, Bruce will know that) 

I agree but if KL can get fit and play a few consecutive games offering him just a 1 year extension may be worth it. We know he wont play a who;e season but if he plays half the games he probably still worth it. I know i being hopeful but I really rate him

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not for me,  but the opinions that matter are the managers and the chairman’s 

Its the laws of mathematics that prove its possible. None of the teams I have seen this season are exceptional in any way ?? A decent run for us and who knows ?? every team in this division can beat the opposition so its going to finish with a lot of teams on similar points at the end. Getting our noses in front of the bulk of teams is not impossible. The top 3 we will never catch up with but 4 to 6 position could be anyones