DC

Guest The Claw

22 minutes ago, Plonk said:

IF we beat brum today I think that will put us just four points behind them, and they are currently seventh. The fixture list is then very kind to us. Big Steve coming in and a couple of decent signings could see us really start pushing up the table. A bit of momentum and who knows. Just wish he had sacked Jo’s after QPR. Four wins out of those ten games and we would probably be in the top six. 

Disclaimer: I’m not very good at maths and not actually studied it properly. 

Yes but if they lose they won't be 7th, someone else will. A win would be great and a step in the right direction.

Mathematically every win lets us gain just under 1.5 points on the teams above us. Think of it that way and you can see how many wins we need to reel in the teams above us. 2 wins and we should be up to 13th another 2 wins and we could be up to 9th. That's 4 wins on the trot to go 9th on a purely mathematical basis.

I must say 8th would feel like an achievement this season.

52 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

For this to happen we need:

- two top full backs

- a beast of a midfielder

- a pacey winger

- a prolific striker

In today’s market you are looking at £40M for those five players, with the winger and striker costing the most. 

Either that or we call in some amazing favours using Bruce’s contacts. 

As I've thought for a while though, that's what we've needed since Wembley and we've not addressed it. Perhaps a CB instead of another FB if we still had Hunt.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's definitely happened previously yeah

Care to say who did it?

(Serious question, I'm not taking the P) It must have been an epic run. Did they win the play offs at the end of it. If we did it I'd be gutted not to win the play off games. 

1 hour ago, Carbone said:

As I've thought for a while though, that's what we've needed since Wembley and we've not addressed it. Perhaps a CB instead of another FB if we still had Hunt.

I’ve been banging on about a midfield beast specifically since Wembley. It was the only difference between the two sides. 

Can't fault his optimism

I would rather know what he long term plan is and how it's being financed.

Agreed there's no reason why I should , but having admitted going along with the initial "punt"

I would rather make an informed opinion on this one should it be of similar substance

21 hours ago, Carbone said:

Hunt was one of the main reason s we didn't go up last time , we need 2 quality fullbacks , the kind that deliver cross after cross and chip in with a few goals as well 

2 hours ago, Madden on the wing said:

Hunt was one of the main reason s we didn't go up last time , we need 2 quality fullbacks , the kind that deliver cross after cross and chip in with a few goals as well 

Well given he was brave enough to step up and take a penalty when our £8m striker wasn’t, I’d say that’s pretty harsh on Hunt.

I think Hooper injured, losing Wallace and Fletcher to injuries in the game, having Pudil, FF, Lee and Hutch playing through injuries are the reasons why we didn’t go up.

This mystery injury crisis which is still haunting us cost us more than one player did.

I could name you nearly 10 players that I’d have like to have left before Hunt did. He caused problems when going forward when I watched him and was our only player with great pace. 

Edited by Carbone

Owls owner Dejhon Chansiri has indicated he will make funds available to purchase three players in the January transfer window and believes that a play-off place is still within their grasp under Bruce, according to a report in the Sun on Sunday (30 December, Page 57).

Where does it say that DC thinks we will get promoted?