Are the autos out of sight

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Stranger things have happened in football

There must be examples of clubs coming from way down the league to the playoffs 

Didn't palace do it the year they went up were in something like the bottom 3, finished 6th and won the play off.

Let's get a few more positive results and maybe clean sheets and see where we are come beginning of January.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Didn't palace do it the year they went up were in something like the bottom 3, finished 6th and won the play off.

Let's get a few more positive results and maybe clean sheets and see where we are come beginning of January.

Yea I remember that season because their first win came against us, everyone was buzzing because they lost their first 5 games then went on a great run after beating us so I think it’s alittle to late for us 

Edited by stocksyuto

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves,weve won two games after 2 whole months of stagnation,to get into the playoffs from here would be some feat,and the transfer window is about to open,we wont be buying during that period,but we do need to offload to stave off another embargo.

We're only 9 points off the play offs, but we ain't going to achieve it with 3 shots and 1 on target every match. Need some attacking intent, and a firm hand to guide us through. That's all we can cling to at the moment, and get fully behind the squad, the new manager, and the chairmans quest to rescind the P&S cloud.

I've full confidence in the squad to achieve that, and ain't giving up the ghost yet. Current situation just adds a little extra spice to the 2nd half of the season. 

At one level I love the optimism but this is the kind of OP that gets us a bad name as Delusional Prannies. 

The evidence if needed is as follows:

a) Bet 365 says we are 20x more likely to be relegated than promoted ni mind automatics.. 

b) Ever seen a poor bookie?

c) The famous “it’s all sorted after 15 games” thread that prematurely ejaculated with excitement just after we beat Bristol. We never did get to the magic 20 points in time. 

TBH hate to admit it but main aim for me is “maintain the gap” and to be in the same division as dem blavdes next season. If Leeds stay down, that would be a welcome bonus - but if they go up I suppose at least Just Visiting will pay us less visits! 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

I’m usually a positive poster, but do we really think a corner has been turned? A win against 10 man Preston and a gritty 1-0 at Middlesbrough - not sure this points to a run of form just yet. 

I’d be very happy to finish half way up with the state we are in right now financially. 

4 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Didn't Sunderland go from bottom three just before Christmas to automatic promotion in 06/07 under Roy Keane? They lost their first 4 and lost 9 out of the first 16 that year.

image.thumb.png.791f96a27fe27056dd0e9eab07bc7832.png

4 points more than we have, that 4 would be the difference  between 2nd and 3rd/4th more than likely.

But if by some miracle we had a run like that and finished 3rd/4th you would have to be confident in the playoffs!

Auto's are out, but Playoff's are absolutely within reach, pun intended.  

The entire Division is unstable, even in the top 2-3-4 positions, nothing is stable.  We're one match past mid-season, and in a state of flux for sure, but this state of flux has yielded two clean sheets, two wins, and both against Playoff contenders.  Nothing has really changed in the way of ammunition, same ammo, different deployment.  The Players seem to want to do well for Bullen...

Why not give Bullen the job?  Just might make a serious run for the Playoff's, since Bullen has assumed command, again, it's been two cleans sheets, two wins against top Clubs, motivated Players, and the Fans in the Stands are chanting happy.  

Auto's are highly unlikely, but Playoff's are not, 22 League Matches yet to be played.