Top half finish

Whatever happens between now and the end of this season, I think we’ve missed an opportunity of challenging for a play-off place by Lukuhay ignoring proven championship players and playing players that are either not good enough or not ready? 

Look, I’m not saying we’re going to ‘pisss the league’ but just that 9-1 is very good odds on us finishing top half, when all things are considered. 

Under preforming squad, new manager, returning key players, new signings, crowd boost

Looks good odds to me, is all

Edited by General_Grievous

I got 11/1 on Friday night. As soon as he was gone, I expected an improvement so had £25 on. We were actually 13/1 on Betfair (don't use) and 13/1 on Paddy Power Saturday morning. Annoying. We were 250/1 for top 6 on Friday night. Very much doubt that would happen but not insurmountable

What I don't get is you can still get 9's as said - but Brentford are 2/1. How?

48 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Let’s just concentrate on staying up eh

Haven't you heard, it's all back on again, play offs automatic the lot. Keep up James.  :tango:

52 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Whatever happens between now and the end of this season, I think we’ve missed an opportunity of challenging for a play-off place by Lukuhay ignoring proven championship players and playing players that are either not good enough or not ready? 

We don't have a play off team imo. Not even close.

But clearly we have missed an opportunity for a comfortable season and become part of a relegation picture we had no business being involved in. 

2 minutes ago, Lee A said:

We don't have a play off team imo. Not even close.

But clearly we have missed an opportunity for a comfortable season and become part of a relegation picture we had no business being involved in. 

You say we don’t have a play-off side but this squad is still full of players who were at the club when we finished Top 6 two seasons running.

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

You say we don’t have a play-off side but this squad is still full of players who were at the club when we finished Top 6 two seasons running.

True, but they're all a few years older now and some are starting to slow down, other important members of that side have moved on ( Hunt, Loovens, Wallace etc )  and many of the star performers from those play off seasons have been long term absentees through injury.

They might be largely the same names, but it's not the same team. 

Partly due to injuries the squad lacks depth too, imo we have too many who aren't quite ready and a few more who are past their best.  

It's definitely a squad capable of much better than what we've seen so far this season, I just personally don't feel that it's a top 6 squad. 

7 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Apart from Glen Loovens, Kieran Lee, Jack Hunt, Gary Hooper, Ross Wallace.