Carlos Twitter

2 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

.......... and now?

Well he's hung around so he must enjoy reading all my informative tweets :biggrin: but it's not a subject I brag about anymore. 

:carlos:

1 hour ago, CLswfc said:

One never learns. Some folk on here are getting very desperate. There's not many managers around who succeed second time round. If we are thinking of the future irrespective of the damage it is going to cause en route, we have to be looking at the|Paul Hursts of this world. Which experienced manager with the slightest amount of credentials is going to take this disaster of a club on. I would even doubt CC would take up another challenge here.  

I don’t want him back but I’d swap him for Luhukay in a heartbeat. I’d also swap Luhukay for Mr blobby though so that’s not saying much

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Re hiring carlos would pretty much finish me off. Still maintain we are feeling the effects of his time here now. 

Complete straw grasping by fans. 

Probably end up at reading. 

10/1 for those who fancy a tickle. Probably better elsewhere as i had a quick look on skybet. 

Hes always been a reading fan though ! 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Don Henley - The Boys of Summer. “Don’t look back, you can never look back” enough said.

The snag is when what you've got to look forward to is much worse than looking back.

I wanted Carlos out, but my God if I'd only known what was to come.

Carlos' stint as manager will be seen as halcyon days faced with what's ahead of us.

I'd rather have Carlos in the dugout on Saturday than Charlie Chaplin.

1 hour ago, East Yorks Owl said:

I agree that a lot of damage was done in CCs second year, but in fairness to the man I thought his first season was superb.  We played the best football since the early nineties and I felt proud to be a Wednesday fan.  Just such a shame that we couldn’t build on that first year.

It was. With a team he  inherited.  He then dismantled it, and the rest is history.

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The snag is when what you've got to look forward to is much worse than looking back.

I wanted Carlos out, but my God if I'd only known what was to come.

Carlos' stint as manager will be seen as halcyon days faced with what's ahead of us.

I'd rather have Carlos in the dugout on Saturday than Charlie Chaplin.

I’m not sure how to answer that mate without turning this into a therapy session and I charge for those lol

I’ll say this, it’s grim right now, very.

However, if you can’t cling to the belief that our best days are ahead of us and not behind us you’re going to make the arduous task of supporting Wednesday that much harder. Chin up

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

He was an horrific manager before we appointed him, he was horrific when we had him and he will be horrific going forward. 

And still the clueless clap!!

Carlos wasn't useless, though.

He had to go because he lost two finals and the players lost faith, but at least he got us to two finals.

In the first one we were beaten by a better team, and in the second we lost an irreplaceable player in Hooper.

"The great leveller", as 'Udders-supporting dismal Doom Howson called it.

So we either played the same way which had brought us 7 consecutive victories prior to the playoff - yes just conjure with that stat - or change and go on all-out attack.

A 50/50 call, and Carlos chose the former.

Jos ain't fit to put the cones out in training sessions.

12 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Carlos wasn't useless, though.

He had to go because he lost two finals and the players lost faith, but at least he got us to two finals.

In the first one we were beaten by a better team, and in the second we lost an irreplaceable player in Hooper.

"The great leveller", as 'Udders-supporting dismal Doom Howson called it.

So we either played the same way which had brought us 7 consecutive victories prior to the playoff - yes just conjure with that stat - or change and go on all-out attack.

A 50/50 call, and Carlos chose the former.

Jos ain't fit to put the cones out in training sessions.

In the first game we didn’t turn up/bottled it.

in semi v Huddersfield we go 1 up.  Huddersfield on the ropes looking very vulnerable. Off goes fletcher & we play 1-10-0. The rest is history. Over the 2 legs we got what we deserved. fizz all. Only one team went out to have a proper go and it wasn’t us.

.....Carlos & training?:tango:

You sometimes see it in Italy (or used to) Managers having two, sometimes three stints at the same club.  I think over there they seem to have greater store in the old adage right man wrong time. 

Situations change. Managers learn. Sometimes not a fit first time , but snug as a well fitted glove the second. 

Sometimes a steady hand who already knows the club in times of need.

There maybe something in the thought process. 

Still...

Wouldn't work here. There were holes in Carlos' planning and tactics when  he had a wealth of talent (by our standards) at his disposal.

The same shortcomings would only be highlighted more brightly in our current predicament, I feel.

Edited by Lord Snooty

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

You sometimes see it Italy. Managers having two, sometimes three stints at the same club.  I think over there they seem to have greater store in the old adage right man wrong time. 

Situations change. Managers learn. Sometimes not a fit first time , but snug as a well fitted glove the second. 

Sometimes a steady hand who already knows the club in times of need.

There maybe something in the thought process. 

Still...

Wouldn't work here. There were holes in Carlos' planning and tactics when  he had a wealth of talent (by our standards) at his disposal.

The same shortcomings would only be highlighted more brightly in our current predicament, I feel.

Had he parted at the end of season two maybe. Still, wouldn’t have worked, like you say, too many holes. Better to look forward IMO.