Realistic Alternatives for Jos should DC pull the trigger

5 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

My top 10 (11 actually) candidates in order of preference who I believe are suitable replacements for Jos. If brought in soon enough I think they have the necessary experience to maintain our Championship status. I believe they could realistically be persuaded to come (they’re all out of work and have been in worked well in similar circumstances in the past). 

Mark Warburton

Tim Sherwood

Slavisa Jokanovic

Roberto di Matteo

Gary Megson

Paul Heckingbottom

Paul Hurst

Steve Bruce 

Michael Laudrup

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Ally McCoist

And here’s another 5 from left field

David Platt

Phillip Cocu

Paulo Sousa

Martin Schmidt

Rene Meulensteen

Id only take Ally McCoist if he brought Alan Brazil as his assistant. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

My top 10 (11 actually) candidates in order of preference who I believe are suitable replacements for Jos. If brought in soon enough I think they have the necessary experience to maintain our Championship status. I believe they could realistically be persuaded to come (they’re all out of work and have been in worked well in similar circumstances in the past). 

Mark Warburton

Tim Sherwood

Slavisa Jokanovic

Roberto di Matteo

Gary Megson

Paul Heckingbottom

Paul Hurst

Steve Bruce 

Michael Laudrup

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Ally McCoist

David Platt

Phillip Cocu

Paulo Sousa

Martin Schmidt

Rene Meulensteen

Get me a gallon of whatever this fellas been drinking please. 

57 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Could do a lot worse, not sure we could entice him away from his very lucrative number at Sky.

Probably not. But if he still wants to be a manager, must be looking at Lampard and Gerrard and thinking he could do similar jobs.

Edited by pazowl55

19 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Probably not. But if he still wants to be a manager, must be looking at Lampard and Gerrard and thinking he could do similar jobs.

Absolutely, he has worked under the best manager in the modern era, he knows his stuff, he is a nice bloke who is passionate about football.

Definitely wouldn't be against him, plus I'm sure he has used us as an example of a proper club.

Danny Cowley at Lincoln. He’s embraced their club and got everyone singing from the same sheet. Totally turned the club around with his positivity. You’ve only got to hear him speak to know he’s got his head screwed on and is destined for bigger things. We’ll obviously appoint some no mark who has no clue about our identity and culture, but he’s the man I’d go for given our limited budget.

1 hour ago, 114mphAndRising said:

Danny Cowley at Lincoln. He’s embraced their club and got everyone singing from the same sheet. Totally turned the club around with his positivity. You’ve only got to hear him speak to know he’s got his head screwed on and is destined for bigger things. We’ll obviously appoint some no mark who has no clue about our identity and culture, but he’s the man I’d go for given our limited budget.

Hi Danny

14 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Mark Warburton

Tim Sherwood

Slavisa Jokanovic

Roberto di Matteo

Gary Megson

Paul Heckingbottom

Paul Hurst

Steve Bruce 

Michael Laudrup

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Ally McCoist

David Platt

Phillip Cocu

Paulo Sousa

Martin Schmidt

Rene Meulensteen

There's only two on that list that we could either afford or even come here. Heckinbotton and Hurst. Forget the rest, for reason or another, you wont see any of those names here. 

11 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Could do a lot worse, not sure we could entice him away from his very lucrative number at Sky.

I think phill or garry could be a better than what we have quit impressed with phill watched him when england ladies played at rotherham he didn't sit in the dug out like a wet flange like jos he was out in his tech area all game barking out orders.

12 hours ago, Royal_D said:

She’s the CEO not the chairman,  Riga will have been Duchatelets appointment at Charlton 

.our bloke wouldn't know a manager if he poked him in the eye and said hello i'm a manager so he'll be taking recommendations from someone and as CEO  she could well influence him …..he'd be a good cheap option and as the credentials of having a successful championship relegation battle on his CV...……….looking at the title thread i'd say riga is a lot more realistic than most I've seen mentioned . 

Just had a look at the available managers on Transfermarkt

Mark Warburton

Slavisa Jokanovich

David Moyes

Paolo Sousa

Really struggling as a lot of managers that have been sacked recently on there, Jaap Staam, Thomas Christiansen etc

and plenty of left field choices which we'll probably end up with ...

or we could go with Christian Titz - So at the end of the season when we are relegated we can say its gone proper Titz up!

Edited by Hack-Abusi

35 minutes ago, torryowl said:

.our bloke wouldn't know a manager if he poked him in the eye and said hello i'm a manager so he'll be taking recommendations from someone and as CEO  she could well influence him …..he'd be a good cheap option and as the credentials of having a successful championship relegation battle on his CV...……….looking at the title thread i'd say riga is a lot more realistic than most I've seen mentioned . 

She could well also not rate Riga as a manager for all we know, people for me are a bit obsessed at finding a stick to beat the CEO with because of her past at Charlton , when really we’ve no evidence at all as to what influence she has at our club 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

She could well also not rate Riga as a manager for all we know, people for me are a bit obsessed at finding a stick to beat the CEO with because of her past at Charlton , when really we’ve no evidence at all as to what influence she has at our club 

i'm sure she as lots of influence on the running of the club  if she's the CEO......as always the buck stops with the top man but she must put idea's his way if she's got owt about her . she has a lot more experience in running a football club than he does and he'd be a fool if he didn't take on board any suggestions that she offers .  

14 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Yeah this is my thinking aswell, was reported that Mick McCarthy was known to be keen on the job so I do think a few feelers might have been put out by the club

If he boots out Jos and money is tight, and he does want to go down the domestic route I can see us ending up with an old school English manager like McCarthy who’s worked with limited funds,  Holloway ? Maybe he would even consider Gary Megson ...  he’s got his critics absolutely, but on the whole I don’t think the fan base would be in uproar if Megson did come back  

id have Holloway ,I wouldn't have said that a year ago ,but at least he would make us smile again what ever,