Realistic Alternatives for Jos should DC pull the trigger

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

On the basis that he seems a stronger character, prioritised youth at Spurs, had to deal with similar poo at Villa but seemed up for the fight and has been out of work longer

Dunno straight choice between the two. Know who I am picking.  

Probably a reason no-one wants Sherwood. 

Trust me he ain't turning down football clubs so he can be on the debate.

lol

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

That’s an interesting list. Jokanovic for me from that list. People like Hurst and Heck shouldn’t be considered imo, couldn’t cut it as Ipswich and Leeds. Both much smaller teams than us :-)

Not sure about that last comment, you shouldn't go upsetting those tractor boys.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Some right crackpots on here.

It’s the hope that kills you - but it doesn’t  stop them trying.

They all dance merrily behind the pied piper Chairman, playing fantasy football - whilst the Club goes down the crapper.

A secret embargo, S/T upfront money gone, silence from the Club and no pot to urinate in - no problem, let’s get Hughes/Allardyce/Jokanovic in.

Its like living in a parallel universe.

With the sound turned down.

No mention of Hughes or Allardyce. Jokanovic has made his recent living in the championship. Watford and Fulham could afford him. All the others are out of work so no compensation payment required. Plus the dole queue is a great leveller. They could be affordable when offset against relegation to League 1

18 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Some right crackpots on here.

It’s the hope that kills you - but it doesn’t  stop them trying.

They all dance merrily behind the pied piper Chairman, playing fantasy football - whilst the Club goes down the crapper.

A secret embargo, S/T upfront money gone, silence from the Club and no pot to urinate in - no problem, let’s get Hughes/Allardyce/Jokanovic in.

Its like living in a parallel universe.

With the sound turned down.

Agree mate, people are letting emotions get the better of them.

Much as I love a new manager thread, I do feel the definition on what's realistic is a major barrier to making them a proper meaningful  thread. What is realistic  seems down to the individual poster, rather than being based in the wider context of what is financially acceptable to the club, or who would work with unknown demands of the chairman.

So we first have to speculate on the state of the club to then speculate on the manager.  And in reality we don't know what all the issue's are, so we just don't really know.

We know mistakes have been made, there seem to be systemic problems with in the clubs management team, Doyen and personalities are fragile. But we don't know the true extent of that or what the EFL are demanding from us.

Do I really believe the club has forgotten the most basic principles of selling to us the fans. Has no one at the club got the ability to Google what other clubs are doing to sell tickets, memberships,  merchandise, check out community activity, business links etc etc. So are we just ignoring this stuff because everyone  at the club is inept, does DC sit in his evil dictator chair banning it from happening or are we so financially fecked we just can't do it? As it all things in life it will involve all 3 but one will be the overriding driver. And whilst some folk seem very sure it's x,y or z, I can honestly say I don't know what it is? And I'm pretty sure the club won't tell me.

So I'm sticking with Wagner!

lol

tumblr_mhjgccGJub1s2ztb7o1_500.gif

48 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

flipping hell if that’s reality give me fantasy any day. These guys footballing CV’s read like the Beano. 

We probably couldn't afford jokanovic, Bruce or mateo and all wouldnt come here without cash to splash. 

Loudrup & Jimmy are interesting ones. 

I'd take Holloway, Megson as I think they're what we'll need, very good at wheeling & dealing as we're going to have to sell the assets and replace on the cheap or with loans. 

Warburton, hurst and Heckingbottom also have a pedigree for blooding youngsters at the right time in their development and working with younger players improving them, which would also fit into how we find ourselves. 

As for hurst, I'd take him or even promote Haslam , but only if we smartly appointed a good experienced director of football, a Pearson, Megson etc to take the pressure off and aid their own management development. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anus said:

Much as I love a new manager thread, I do feel the definition on what's realistic is a major barrier to making them a proper meaningful  thread. What is realistic  seems down to the individual poster, rather than being based in the wider context of what is financially acceptable to the club, or who would work with unknown demands of the chairman.

So we first have to speculate on the state of the club to then speculate on the manager.  And in reality we don't know what all the issue's are, so we just don't really know.

We know mistakes have been made, there seem to be systemic problems with in the clubs management team, Doyen and personalities are fragile. But we don't know the true extent of that or what the EFL are demanding from us.

Do I really believe the club has forgotten the most basic principles of selling to us the fans. Has no one at the club got the ability to Google what other clubs are doing to sell tickets, memberships,  merchandise, check out community activity, business links etc etc. So are we just ignoring this stuff because everyone  at the club is inept, does DC sit in his evil dictator chair banning it from happening or are we so financially fecked we just can't do it? As it all things in life it will involve all 3 but one will be the overriding driver. And whilst some folk seem very sure it's x,y or z, I can honestly say I don't know what it is? And I'm pretty sure the club won't tell me.

So I'm sticking with Wagner!

lol

7290.1534512833.jpg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Anus said:

I agree but in the depths of despair we Wednesdayites have lost a sense of context. If results continue as they are Jos will be sacked irrespective of cost. FFP doesn’t prohibit this. DC will need to protect his investment. The pay off to Jos is insignificant compared to the lost revenue associated with relegation plus the debt created by paying championship wages in L1. If their is a vacancy then the potential of SWFC is still a big draw especially to an ambitious manager who finds himself currently unemployed. Hence my list in the OP

11 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I agree but in the depths of despair we Wednesdayites have lost a sense of context. If results continue as they are Jos will be sacked irrespective of cost. FFP doesn’t prohibit this. DC will need to protect his investment. The pay off to Jos is insignificant compared to the lost revenue associated with relegation plus the debt created by paying championship wages in L1. If their is a vacancy then the potential of SWFC is still a big draw especially to an ambitious manager who finds himself currently unemployed. Hence my list in the OP

I know buddy, and in truth I do like the manager threads as Owlstalk always delivers so golden responses that actually cheer me up a bit. I'm one of the mugs that will still rock up if we do go down. But it doesn't change the fact the fact I still don't really know what the deal is with what's going on at the club. My Wagner comments are tongue in cheek, as I really know we wouldn't get him, but it reflects the fact I would have him in a heart beat.  So I'm not having a pop at manager threads, we all need to fill in the silence from the club.

wawaw

But, 

14 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I agree but in the depths of despair we Wednesdayites

C'mon lad.

lol

x2XZZeg.gif

• Like 1