Changed my mind on sacking Jos - (Here me out)

6 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

So it's the old sticking plaster ploy.  We want stability not temporary fixes. Until we give this manager a fighting chance and get rid of the Shi*e he inherited and try and rebuild, what is the sense in getting someone else in. 

He has had a year can you see the improvement. I know I cant.

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

What does a good manager look like. Does he have a flashing light on his head or something so it gives us a clue. 

Past success, enthusiasm for the job during the interview. A credible plan to get better results with the resources available.

Let's be fair, we couldn't put eleven players on the field at the start of the year. Relegation was a certainty. Jos must have been crazy to want the job and I Ihink Doyen provided a short list of one.

:luhukay:

5 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Its about utilising the tools you have at your disposal. Jos is not. Any of these I would back to do a better job. This squad is better than it is showing. That is down to the manager in any workplace the buck stops there. You are saying he is being blocked from playing certain players but he has stated he has no interference from above. This debacle is of his making and his inept tactics. If you dont see it that way we will have to agree to disagree .

I have to agree. Forget the freezer team, we can do a lot more with the players Jos is selecting. To give him credit at least he's brought the under 23s through.

However, it's hanging some of the players out to dry, because they are being asked to play a style of football which is not acceptable at Sheffield Wednesday, and it's causing problems to the team because of the league we are in.

2 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

I've been like the majority of the fans over the past few weeks,  Jos out, jos is c-rap, he hasn't got a clue etc etc. But after the potential scenarios I think getting rid at this point would be the wrong thing to do. 

For instance

- Who do we get? They have no money to buy players, got to sell our so called marquee players, work under a very odd/bizarre situation that we only know the surface of. No manager would want the job it's a poisoned chalice

Jos isn't my choice and needs to go at the end of the season, however we know DC is higley unlikely to get rid anytime soon - so we've got to stick and ride out the storm, until the end of the season and hopefully avoid relegation of which I think we will. That Bolton team gave me hope that there are far worse teams then us this season

we need to achieve as many points as possible until the end of jan transfer window to give us some breathing space, because let's face it we are going to be selling players

Then we do a monumental rebuild in pre season,  manager, backroom staff, players the lot - achieve a new identity and philiospy that we can associate with SWFC. The new manager will be under financial restraints but at least will be able to pick his team

In the meantime we need to try and get behind SWFC, at the end of the day it's our club and we support them through thick and thin, managers & chairmen change he supporters never do

WAWAW

The scary thing for me is that Bolton are the worst team in the league and there was literally nothing between them and us the other night. The players didn’t look like they were busting a gut for Jos, and his constant chopping and changing of both systems and personnel isn’t helping. He needs to go ASAP for me.

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Past success, enthusiasm for the job during the interview. A credible plan to get better results with the resources available.

Let's be fair, we couldn't put eleven players on the field at the start of the year. Relegation was a certainty. Jos must have been crazy to want the job and I Ihink Doyen provided a short list of one.

Someone keeps repeating on here, and, I have no reason to disbelieve him/her, that Jos isn’t a Doyen client/on their books.

No idea - that type of investigatory scrutiny is way beyond me.

Just now, Sticky belly said:

The scary thing for me is that Bolton are the worst team in the league and there was literally nothing between them and us the other night. The players didn’t look like they were busting a gut for Jos, and his constant chopping and changing of both systems and personnel isn’t helping. He needs to go ASAP for me.

It looked like some of them were, but it was wasted effort chasing problems we made ourselves.

Take Bannan. I'd love to know how many passes he made, and how many were in our half, and under pressure too.

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Someone keeps repeating on here, and, I have no reason to disbelieve him/her, that Jos isn’t a Doyen client/on their books.

No idea - that type of investigatory scrutiny is way beyond me.

I assume Jos is a Doyen face, but I don't know this is a fact. I assume we'll get another Doyen face if he's replaced, but I can't prove that either.

2 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

I've been like the majority of the fans over the past few weeks,  Jos out, jos is c-rap, he hasn't got a clue etc etc. But after the potential scenarios I think getting rid at this point would be the wrong thing to do. 

For instance

- Who do we get? They have no money to buy players, got to sell our so called marquee players, work under a very odd/bizarre situation that we only know the surface of. No manager would want the job it's a poisoned chalice

Jos isn't my choice and needs to go at the end of the season, however we know DC is higley unlikely to get rid anytime soon - so we've got to stick and ride out the storm, until the end of the season and hopefully avoid relegation of which I think we will. That Bolton team gave me hope that there are far worse teams then us this season

we need to achieve as many points as possible until the end of jan transfer window to give us some breathing space, because let's face it we are going to be selling players

Then we do a monumental rebuild in pre season,  manager, backroom staff, players the lot - achieve a new identity and philiospy that we can associate with SWFC. The new manager will be under financial restraints but at least will be able to pick his team

In the meantime we need to try and get behind SWFC, at the end of the day it's our club and we support them through thick and thin, managers & chairmen change he supporters never do

WAWAW

Having a shiiit hand is no excuse for shoving up your arris. 

Edited by Pale Rider

Conspiracy theory 101.

Mr C is backed by an investment Consortium called Spectre. He is the face of the Consortium.

Mr L works for Spectre. Mr C can't sack Mr L as they both answer to Dr No.

Dr No, does what he likes, when he likes.

In the scenario above there is no point giving Mr C or Mr L grief. Dr No lives on a moon base and is not concerned with our musings.

The only thing we can do is encourage  the players to play as we want as fans, without vilifying them when they continue to follow instructions. Maybe the players will take responsibility and play a more direct game?

When Dr No sees his operation in S6 is ready for further investment, operation, HMS p1ss the League commences.

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

How to totally misinterpret an opinion in one hit!

What I said was you either measure his performance on the thirteen games or you measure it on the six game bad run. I have not made a positive case for the guy at all. I have said that there is no need to panic just yet and we are currently comfortable enough to wait and see how things develop. Because, as sure as eggs are eggs, there is always the possibility that the next guy is the same or worse. What then, sack him and find another?

Novel idea.

Measure him on 19 games

51 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I would take Holloway Gray Warburton on a 6month contract.  None would be over expensive all have had some success in this league and all are available with something to prove. They may not be the choices of the majority but all are realistic 

i wouldn't have thought any of them have something to prove …...why would anyone want to come to club who cant sign any players on just a 6 month contract .at best they would keep us up but could just as easily add a relegation to there CV …..a 3 year deal and it becomes an attractive contract with a chance of turning the club around .but 6 months is only for the desperate for a job . 

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Don't Assume Ozy. 

It makes an Ass of you 

and everyone else who's guessing n inventing ........

You are right, but that said, I think we both know if Jos is forced out, we'll get another unknown European possession obsession focused Manager we've yet to have heard of.

It's better to hope Jos and the players see the error of their ways.

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I would take Holloway Gray Warburton on a 6month contract.  None would be over expensive all have had some success in this league and all are available with something to prove. They may not be the choices of the majority but all are realistic 

I'd love gray back bud, but can you honestly see our stubborn chairman admitting he "Got it wrong". As I can't. 

Mind have you thought gray would take one look at the offer and say get stuffed anyway, you sacked me for no valid reason??. 

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i wouldn't have thought any of them have something to prove …...why would anyone want to come to club who cant sign any players on just a 6 month contract .at best they would keep us up but could just as easily add a relegation to there CV …..a 3 year deal and it becomes an attractive contract with a chance of turning the club around .but 6 months is only for the desperate for a job . 

As I said below, I'd love gray back, good organiser, built the platform Carlos the almost man inherited and pretty good wheeling and dealing with no cash to spend, but our chairman would have to bite the bullet for sacking him for no reason and admit he got it wrong again. We know that would never happen and would he want to come back and work for DC anyway?? 

Edited by shezzas left peg

50 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Or desperate to have a chance to take one more chance at management and in a new league with a new challenge?? 

14 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

You are right, but that said, I think we both know if Jos is forced out, we'll get another unknown European possession obsession focused Manager we've yet to have heard of.

It's better to hope Jos and the players see the error of their ways.

He's definitely not in the frame.

Hitler.png.3640d3ae5fa126df50a4aa1e89758237.png

However this one's still in town .WTF:

Putin.png.ff377510a79b5cd1c884d97874af3dd8.png

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 2