Changed my mind on sacking Jos - (Here me out)

Maybe Mr C should grow a moustace, where his trousers higher and wear start wearing leather gloves?

It's not so long ago Vincent Tan was hated in Cardiff.

Back to Back Premier League wins tonight, for Mr T.

Why would Mr C not want this, it was his original plan?

It shall be ours one day.

Vincent-Tan-1005122.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

I've been like the majority of the fans over the past few weeks,  Jos out, jos is c-rap, he hasn't got a clue etc etc. But after the potential scenarios I think getting rid at this point would be the wrong thing to do. 

For instance

- Who do we get? They have no money to buy players, got to sell our so called marquee players, work under a very odd/bizarre situation that we only know the surface of. No manager would want the job it's a poisoned chalice

Jos isn't my choice and needs to go at the end of the season, however we know DC is higley unlikely to get rid anytime soon - so we've got to stick and ride out the storm, until the end of the season and hopefully avoid relegation of which I think we will. That Bolton team gave me hope that there are far worse teams then us this season

we need to achieve as many points as possible until the end of jan transfer window to give us some breathing space, because let's face it we are going to be selling players

Then we do a monumental rebuild in pre season,  manager, backroom staff, players the lot - achieve a new identity and philiospy that we can associate with SWFC. The new manager will be under financial restraints but at least will be able to pick his team

In the meantime we need to try and get behind SWFC, at the end of the day it's our club and we support them through thick and thin, managers & chairmen change he supporters never do

WAWAW

Good points.

I think there's a lot of things we're being kept in the dark about (see bold comment), I feel like Chansiri is far more involved with player/contract negotiations than we think. For instance I have a sneaking suspicion Chansiri is the one who has decided Westwood is either to be sold or not play at all, not Jos.

I also have a feeling Chansiri is a big reason why the likes of Jones, Boyd, Hutchinson, Abdi etc are completely frozen out of the picture - he understands they are a bad investment and wants them sold or not involved at all. 

Without going to Fox Mulder on this it reverts back to Chansiri's underlying theme since he has been here, that he will run the club his way and in order to do that he needs a 'Yes' man at the helm. 

The only point you make i'm not so sure on is having to rebuild the squad. If we don't bring in a manager now who can get the best from the likes of Joao, Forestieri, Reach, Bannan, Lees, Westwood and when available Hooper our investment in those players will have been for nothing.

If we continue to underachieve we will squander some of the most talented players we have had in decades and be back to square one again...Who knows when we will get a group of players this good again? We're on course for another disappointing season, which will be two in a row...how long are our star players going to stick around for before they get poached?

The thought of us slowly descending back into relegation scraps whilst we sell the likes of Forestieri, Reach and Bannan to stop us from suffering further financial restrictions isn't great.

I feel like deep down you might be correct, but the realisation of us having to slowly rebuild again after coming so close to promotion under CC is a sad one. We're still dogged by poor decisions made by CC/Chansiri two years ago and ever since we lost to Huddersfield in that playoff semi final we've started taking steps backwards.

he has to go just purely on that he don't use what we have very well. I think even our kit man could do a better job, for starters 6 players would rejoin the squad and we would have a more settled line up. what im more worried about is what chansiri is going to do next ,is he going to explain to supporters that he will back the club through these troubled times and when would he be allowed to spend on the squad again? 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

he has to go just purely on that he don't use what we have very well. I think even our kit man could do a better job, for starters 6 players would rejoin the squad and we would have a more settled line up. what im more worried about is what chansiri is going to do next ,is he going to explain to supporters that he will back the club through these troubled times and when would he be allowed to spend on the squad again? 

A question:

Chansiri has invested a lot of his own money bringing these players in and paying them high end wages. If Jos really was simply not picking these players for football reasons as he often says, do you not think that Chansiri would just sit back and let it happen? Or do you think that Chansiri is complicit in them not playing and Jos is just the fall guy that has to take the flack?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CLswfc said:

So it's the old sticking plaster ploy.  We want stability not temporary fixes. Until we give this manager a fighting chance and get rid of the Shi*e he inherited and try and rebuild, what is the sense in getting someone else in. 

That’s the worrying thing.

Assuming, and it’s a big assumption, that we avoid relegation then we have an opportunity to rebuild the squad.

We might not have any money but even so bargains can be found, less talented but more physical , athletic players can be brought in.

We can find a simple pragmatic way to play and to make a good fight in this league. Who knows what could happen.

Trouble is I have not seen anything from jos that suggests he is capable of doing that nor anything from DC that suggests he understands that is what we might need to do.

Neither seem to have a clue.

18 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Or desperate to have a chance to take one more chance at management and in a new league with a new challenge?? 

You've got to give him Credit for wanting to come to Sheffield Wednesday. 

I still hope he can turn it round, but he's got to change his own philosophy and the mindset of three players fast.

Just now, Ozymandias Owl said:

You've got to give him Credit for wanting to come to Sheffield Wednesday. 

I still hope he can turn it round, but he's got to change his own philosophy and the mindset of three players fast.

Jos just needs for me to remember what he eventually put into practice back end of last season, stability, continuity and everyone reading the same sheet of music, at the moment it looks like a band of inexperienced 12 year olds being conducted by a drunk. lol

3 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

I've been like the majority of the fans over the past few weeks,  Jos out, jos is c-rap, he hasn't got a clue etc etc. But after the potential scenarios I think getting rid at this point would be the wrong thing to do. 

For instance

- Who do we get? They have no money to buy players, got to sell our so called marquee players, work under a very odd/bizarre situation that we only know the surface of. No manager would want the job it's a poisoned chalice

Jos isn't my choice and needs to go at the end of the season, however we know DC is higley unlikely to get rid anytime soon - so we've got to stick and ride out the storm, until the end of the season and hopefully avoid relegation of which I think we will. That Bolton team gave me hope that there are far worse teams then us this season

we need to achieve as many points as possible until the end of jan transfer window to give us some breathing space, because let's face it we are going to be selling players

Then we do a monumental rebuild in pre season,  manager, backroom staff, players the lot - achieve a new identity and philiospy that we can associate with SWFC. The new manager will be under financial restraints but at least will be able to pick his team

In the meantime we need to try and get behind SWFC, at the end of the day it's our club and we support them through thick and thin, managers & chairmen change he supporters never do

WAWAW

Ive just been on the Blackburn forum at seen this post. I believe our manager is one of the main reasons we are now seen as ‘Sheffield Shitty Wednesday’. 

“If we put the effort in and play for each other like we did for the last 18 months before PNE & Wigan, then any 11 we put out can beat Sheffield Shitty Wednesday.

I'm coming to this one, and all I want is to see us fight properly again”.

6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

A question:

Chansiri has invested a lot of his own money bringing these players in and paying them high end wages. If Jos really was simply not picking these players for football reasons as he often says, do you not think that Chansiri would just sit back and let it happen? Or do you think that Chansiri is complicit in them not playing and Jos is just the fall guy that has to take the flack?

I think it's a diversion. The players Jos is picking can do a lot better if picked in the right positions, consistently and asked to play in a different way. And these players have a future.

Question: If you were Mr C and you'd paid Abdi, Boyd, Westwood et al an absolute fortune to deliver promotion and they had not delivered, or given the effort you expected, would you freeze them out, and try and sell them?

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Question: If you were Mr C and you'd paid Abdi, Boyd, Westwood et al an absolute fortune to deliver promotion and they had not delivered, or given the effort you expected, would you freeze them out, and try and sell them?

Yes, if I was a sly b astard and I wanted them off the payroll badly enough that I would be prepared to right royally p i ss them off in the process. That might be a worthy short term measure to avoid an embargo and, in doing so, make the club substantially worse off. Unethical it may be. As a means to an end, it might be worth the trouble especially if someone else was soaking up the blame.

6 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

Ive just been on the Blackburn forum at seen this post. I believe our manager is one of the main reasons we are now seen as ‘Sheffield Shitty Wednesday’. 

“If we put the effort in and play for each other like we did for the last 18 months before PNE & Wigan, then any 11 we put out can beat Sheffield Shitty Wednesday.

I'm coming to this one, and all I want is to see us fight properly again”.

Football always boils down to this:

If we put the effort in and play for each other

That includes the fans.

I remember a Morecambe fan calling us Sheffield Doomsday ten years ago.

João needs to start tomorrow, I assume he knows the Blackburn players. 

21 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

A question:

The problem were going to find ourselves in while ever the chairman seems to refuse to sell anybody we sign  is loyalty isnt always a two way street, so the good ones may get fed up and bail out. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

The problem were going to find ourselves in while ever the chairman seems to refuse to sell anybody we sign  is loyalty isnt always a two way street, so the good ones may get fed up and bail out. 

I don't think that medium to long term strategies will be playing on Chansiri's mind right now. Just a plan to balance the books and get to the end of the season in tact.

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Football always boils down to this:

If we put the effort in and play for each other

That includes the fans.

I remember a Morecambe fan calling us Sheffield Doomsday ten years ago.

João needs to start tomorrow, I assume he knows the Blackburn players. 

I kind of like it it's very foreboding, we need 4 footballers of the appocolyse to scare the crap out of the opposition and destroy anything in their path and it would suit lol

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I don't think that medium to long term strategies will be playing on Chansiri's mind right now. Just a plan to balance the books and get to the end of the season in tact.

I assume any rational forward thinking individual would do so, but our chairman is, another barrel of fish, maybe he's not a (Tuna) fish out of water like some think , but an ostrich burying his head in the sand still.