Changed my mind on sacking Jos - (Here me out)

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I kind of like it it's very foreboding, we need 4 footballers of the appocolyse to scare the crap out of the opposition and destroy anything in their path and it would suit lol

Sheffield Doomsday have the four footballers of the Apocalypse:

Abdi

Boyd

Jones

Rhodes

lol

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Sheffield Doomsday have the four footballers of the Apocalypse:

Abdi

Boyd

Jones

Rhodes

lol

Abdi would fall over his comfy slippers. 

Boyd is a steam engine, grounded now becouse coal is hardly used. 

Jones is like me these days the brain is willing but the body just laughs. 

As for Rhodes can we all pray that Delia makes good yorkies and will pay us to keep him in the back of beyon (sorry Suffolk) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Given the points we’ve tossed away through lousy tactics and team selections...better than 1.2 ppg 

Go on then, shock me. Who would be your candidate to come in with no money to spend, the current squad available but perhaps one or two of your better players being sold in January that would get us into the play-offs from this position?

Because in the Championship, whether you finish 14th or 7th makes no material difference at the end of the season. As long as there is no threat of relegation (at the moment there isn't) and no such manager exists that could get us into the play-offs, you might as well take my advice vis-a-vis wait and see. If things did deteriorate to the point that relegation looked imminent or likely, that would be the time for kneejerk dismissal. We are not at that position yet!

There is either a palpably better candidate that can be called a realistic target or we have some leeway to sit and wait a little longer.

Otherwise you will end up with a situation where one dummy is replaced with another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Conspiracy theory 101.

Mr C is backed by an investment Consortium called Spectre. He is the face of the Consortium.

Mr L works for Spectre. Mr C can't sack Mr L as they both answer to Dr No.

Dr No, does what he likes, when he likes.

In the scenario above there is no point giving Mr C or Mr L grief. Dr No lives on a moon base and is not concerned with our musings.

The only thing we can do is encourage  the players to play as we want as fans, without vilifying them when they continue to follow instructions. Maybe the players will take responsibility and play a more direct game?

When Dr No sees his operation in S6 is ready for further investment, operation, HMS p1ss the League commences.

Dunno about Dr. No, Ozy. It'd be more like Dr. Evil and Virtucon down at S6 these days lol 

FFP
FFS

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Go on then, shock me. Who would be your candidate to come in with no money to spend, the current squad available but perhaps one or two of your better players being sold in January that would get us into the play-offs from this position?

Because in the Championship, whether you finish 14th or 7th makes no material difference at the end of the season. As long as there is no threat of relegation (at the moment there isn't) and no such manager exists that could get us into the play-offs, you might as well take my advice vis-a-vis wait and see. If things did deteriorate to the point that relegation looked imminent or likely, that would be the time for kneejerk dismissal. We are not at that position yet!

There is either a palpably better candidate that can be called a realistic target or we have some leeway to sit and wait a little longer.

Otherwise you will end up with a situation where one dummy is replaced with another.

If you think there is no threat of relegation then you really are deluded. 

If you think that there is no one more capable than Jos and his tactical randomizer then you’re also deluded.

Its always a gamble hiring a new manager. But if you give that fear too much credence you’ll never fire anyone.

As for names, I’d wager that any of Bruce, McDermott, Holloway, Megson, Pardew, McCarthy (now unavailable I guess) and Jokanovic would all do better

Put differently, I reckon that all the above would get a lot more out of FF, Bannan, Lee’s, Hutchinson and Joao than Jos currently is 

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

If you think that there is no one more capable than Jos and his tactical randomizer then you’re also deluded.

Its always a gamble hiring a new manager. But if you give that fear too much credence you’ll never fire anyone.

As for names, I’d wager that any of Bruce, McDermott, Holloway, Megson, Pardew, McCarthy (now unavailable I guess) and Jokanovic would all do better

Put differently, I reckon that all the above would get a lot more out of FF, Bannan, Lee’s, Hutchinson and Joao than Jos currently is 

OK, I'll bite again.

1. I didn't say that there is no threat of relegation. I said that there is no imminent or likely threat right at this time and if it deteriorated to a point that there was, then that would be the time for kneejerk dismissal. Neither of us know whether or nor we would reach that position. The club can assess it on a game to game basis starting tomorrow at Blackburn.

2. I have never said that there are not better managers than Jos. The key overriding factor is they must be available and WANT TO JOIN THE CLUB. Furthermore, they have to be the type of manager that can work under the current constraints and operate under a guy like Chansiri.

The rest of your post is just a random list of names as always appear when a manager position becomes available. I have no idea whether any of them would take the position. What I would wage my house on is there would come a point when large swathes of Owlstalk posters are calling for their head and putting out a similar list of "better candidates".

18 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

OK, I'll bite again.

1. I didn't say that there is no threat of relegation. I said that there is no imminent or likely threat right at this time and if it deteriorated to a point that there was, then that would be the time for kneejerk dismissal. Neither of us know whether or nor we would reach that position. The club can assess it on a game to game basis starting tomorrow at Blackburn.

2. I have never said that there are not better managers than Jos. The key overriding factor is they must be available and WANT TO JOIN THE CLUB. Furthermore, they have to be the type of manager that can work under the current constraints and operate under a guy like Chansiri.

The rest of your post is just a random list of names as always appear when a manager position becomes available. I have no idea whether any of them would take the position. What I would wage my house on is there would come a point when large swathes of Owlstalk posters are calling for their head and putting out a similar list of "better candidates".

Teams get relegated over a season...

They are names that may or may not be interested...not random at all. Not sure when you became the authority on which jobs they might be interested in

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Teams get relegated over a season...

They are names that may or may not be interested...not random at all. Not sure when you became the authority on which jobs they might be interested in

There is a simple answer if you are right. All Chansiri has to do is copy what Mandaric did re: Megson and Jones i.e. appoint one of those guys you mentioned while Jos still holds the role then get rid of Jos. The danger of sacking Jos then looking for a replacement is that it is very likely we would end up in the same situation as what happened last year. Carlos fecked off, Bullen was appointed as caretaker, Bullen was found not to be up to the job so Chansiri went fishing in desperate waters and came back with Jos in his keepnet.

The moral of the story is to identify the next candidate first. Your methodology is nailed on to another random foreign name much in the mould of Jos. I would bet on that one. 

5 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

My biggest issue is that I have no faith that his replacement will be the correct choice.

I’m done with “left field appointments”

I want someone who knows how to get out of this division.

Get rid of Jos, and we will just get yet another Doyen chosen manager. 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Pardew :Pelupessy::CEO::manager::tango:lol:luhukay:

I thought when Lukuhay was appointed, it would be an appointment that would define the Chansiri era. It probably already has?

I have a little sympathy for the inability for him to re-shape the squad but he hasn’t used the resources he’s got to good effect. It may be down to him or it may be down to others? That said he’s up there with the Eustaces, Wilson’s and Irvines as being one of the sh!tt!est managers I’ve ever seen at S6.

10 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

A question:

Chansiri has invested a lot of his own money bringing these players in and paying them high end wages. If Jos really was simply not picking these players for football reasons as he often says, do you not think that Chansiri would just sit back and let it happen? Or do you think that Chansiri is complicit in them not playing and Jos is just the fall guy that has to take the flack?

im not 100% sure on that urr probably right , but why has joost van aken been as good as frozen out too? played last 4 u23s training for 7 wks ,had a full pre season played 2 games in august. its really upsetting and frustrating whats going off. 

9 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Abdi would fall over his comfy slippers. 

Boyd is a steam engine, grounded now becouse coal is hardly used. 

Jones is like me these days the brain is willing but the body just laughs. 

As for Rhodes can we all pray that Delia makes good yorkies and will pay us to keep him in the back of beyon (sorry Suffolk) 

A double insult to Norwich, its in Norfolk

lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

im not 100% sure on that urr probably right , but why has joost van aken been as good as frozen out too? played last 4 u23s training for 7 wks ,had a full pre season played 2 games in august. its really upsetting and frustrating whats going off. 

Aye, many a strange thing going on indeed.

To make things clear about my position on Jos, I am not making a glowing endorsement for the guy when I say hold fire on his dismissal. I think that there are strange things going on at all levels of the club at the moment and changing the manager now will probably not make any material difference to the situation. I would prefer to wait until January and assess what Chansiri is going to do next. I have a hunch, I want to see what actually transpires.

In the meantime, Jos simply needs to keep the club in the division and take the flack for everything that is going on. When the time is right (hopefully before the end of the season), I hope both Chansiri and Jos walk together. The club needs a clean sweep in much the same way that Forest did post Fawaz and Villa did post Xia. Getting rid of one without the other would be sticking plaster repair job in my opinion.