North Stand Concourse After The Game

On 29/11/2018 at 00:07, jimi said:

Saw this happen. 80 year old guy fell heavily, face forward down 4 or 5 steps with his head hitting the concrete floor of the concourse. Was a really upsetting sight and I spent much of last night laid awake hoping that he was ok.

He didn't seem to have any friends or family with him but he was conscious and responsive when the paramedics arrived, which was obviously a good sign, but I'd really like to hear that he's ok if anyone knows him.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Shocking news, terrible injuries from seemingly such a small fall. Hope he's back at the ground soon and cheering the team on.

Hopefully, the club will find him a better place to sit.

Nice to see all the goodwill from fellow fans.

Don't know how anyone would describe this a a "SMALL FALL"

Bloody hell !     Face forward down several concrete steps is a major fall for anyone let alone a man of 89 years.

Get well soon Harry.

Guest LittleG

Just echoing everybody else's thoughts; hope Harry recovers quickly and is back watching the Owls as soon as possible. Please "Club" do something for him as a matter of respect for the commitment he has shown following Wednesday

8 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Don't know how anyone would describe this a a "SMALL FALL"

Bloody hell !     Face forward down several concrete steps is a major fall for anyone let alone a man of 89 years.

Get well soon Harry.

I was shocked by how many injuries he sustained by what I thought was a relatively short fall. 

Indeed Get well soon Harry

9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

First things first. Very sorry for Harry! I hope he recovers quickly. All my sympathy to you..

Now the 'but's. Let me state that I , whilst not being Harry's age, I am only 78, and walk with two sticks, not easily I might add, would like to address the first two points - first, at our age, yes I know he's 11 years older than me, our bones become very brittle, and what may seem a small fall to a younger man becomes much more serious as you reach old age.And yes, the powers that be, and ourselves, may dislike the term, but we are old aged in body. Second, we are often our own worst enemies. Harry sits seemingly rather high in the North. My ow seat is in the South, opposite the penalty area. and on the last row of the first tier (row Z)  Inn order to get to it, on entering the stadium, I have to climb 18 steps. I know  'cos I count them . I then have to make my way to the bar, and finally up a further 10 steps into the ground. Probably the worst part is negotiating the small intermediate steps between the rows. I have had a couple of falls when exiting the front of he stand to the concourse, but I have NEVER failed to find someone, a fellow fan or a steward, to be there immediately to offer help. Yes, I should probably get myself a wheelchair and sit with the disabled, but I LIKE WHERE I SIT, and I don't doubt so does Harry. Were anything to baefall me, I wouldn't appreciate being moved to a different part of the ground ( except possibly he padded seats behind the Directors Box.

Anyway, enough about me. Hope H is making a good recovery.UTO.

Sorry for upsetting you was not my intention. 

1 minute ago, sheffieldblue said:

Quick Update

H has had an operation, all went well and he is a bit more comfortable.

Typically, he was reminiscing before the op with his son in law about seeing Rimmer and Robinson back in the 1930's at the first game he attended.

Lynn, his daughter and John , his son in law have asked me to Thank you all for concern and sympathy you have displayed, and appreciate all the good wishes shown.

That’s great news. Tough times for his family.

Hope he makes a speedy and good recovery.

He sounds like a right character - send him all our best wishes.

17 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Sorry for upsetting you was not my intention. 

Don't worry. i wasn't upset, only about Harry's accident. I was simply showing that many older supporters are still happy with the way we are treated by the club and are more comfortable where we are rather than have a fuss made. Simple courtesy and a little assistance often suffices.

24 minutes ago, sheffieldblue said:

Quick update.

Harry is home, in a bit of pain as you can imagine, but in good spirits, and hoping to be well enough to be at the Preston game.

Will keep you all up to date

Good news.

Can he give Abdi a motivational talk!

41 minutes ago, sheffieldblue said:

Quick update.

Harry is home, in a bit of pain as you can imagine, but in good spirits, and hoping to be well enough to be at the Preston game.

Will keep you all up to date

Take him back to Hospital his mind seems to be imbalanced  if he wants to watch them at the moment . lol

Seriously hope he is ok , sounds like he is made of strong stuff .