North Stand Concourse After The Game

89yrs unbelievable commitment, I chose to watch the game in the comfort of a warm house on the red button, you put me to shame by braving the terrible wind, rain and cold and ended up with awful injuries for your trouble, hope the club rewards you with pride of place as soon as you have recovered.

Get well soon Harry

• Like 1

There not allowing anyone to use the lift in the south stand next year, so if your of an age where your legs aren’t the best the grandstand won’t be an option.

No idea why the decision has been made, some health and safety reason no doubt but it’s certainly making a few around me who bring fathers/grandfathers with them think twice about renewing as the stairs are a killer for many.

Get well soon Harry!

Edited by NorfolkNChance

Harry's op was cancelled last night as he is still bleeding from his broken nose.

Being assessed again today, he is having 3 plates in his jaw.

Went to his first game in 1936, and before that , used to watch the games from his bedroom window before the stands were developed.

Still drives himself to home games, calls in for a pint then makes it to the upper section of the North. At 89. Remarkable man

• Like 5

1 minute ago, sheffieldblue said:

Harry's op was cancelled last night as he is still bleeding from his broken nose.

Being assessed again today, he is having 3 plates in his jaw.

Went to his first game in 1936, and before that , used to watch the games from his bedroom window before the stands were developed.

Still drives himself to home games, calls in for a pint then makes it to the upper section of the North. At 89. Remarkable man

Absolutely a remarkable man..  hope everything goes well for him and he can make it back to Hillsborough in the very near future.

21 hours ago, sheffieldblue said:

Just had a call from a good friend, the man's son in law

The man who had the fall is Harry Johnson , 89 years old,

He is currently in the Hallamshire, being moved to a High Intensive ward.

He has broken his jaw in 5 places, an eye socket, lost several teeth, several deep cuts and severe facial bruising too.

I speak to him most home games, he is a really nice guy and im sure we will all wish him a speedy and complete recovery

Poor old lad, get well soon harry awful injurys to get over at that age, speedy recovery.

19 hours ago, mirocevic said:

Is there anyone smart enough to start a just giving account for this poor man?.

Lets get Harry a box for a game from the fellow supporters.

I was thinking the same. I will be more than happy to throw some money in for him.

8 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Shocking news, terrible injuries from seemingly such a small fall. Hope he's back at the ground soon and cheering the team on.

Hopefully, the club will find him a better place to sit.

Nice to see all the goodwill from fellow fans.

First things first. Very sorry for Harry! I hope he recovers quickly. All my sympathy to you..

Now the 'but's. Let me state that I , whilst not being Harry's age, I am only 78, and walk with two sticks, not easily I might add, would like to address the first two points - first, at our age, yes I know he's 11 years older than me, our bones become very brittle, and what may seem a small fall to a younger man becomes much more serious as you reach old age.And yes, the powers that be, and ourselves, may dislike the term, but we are old aged in body. Second, we are often our own worst enemies. Harry sits seemingly rather high in the North. My ow seat is in the South, opposite the penalty area. and on the last row of the first tier (row Z)  Inn order to get to it, on entering the stadium, I have to climb 18 steps. I know  'cos I count them . I then have to make my way to the bar, and finally up a further 10 steps into the ground. Probably the worst part is negotiating the small intermediate steps between the rows. I have had a couple of falls when exiting the front of he stand to the concourse, but I have NEVER failed to find someone, a fellow fan or a steward, to be there immediately to offer help. Yes, I should probably get myself a wheelchair and sit with the disabled, but I LIKE WHERE I SIT, and I don't doubt so does Harry. Were anything to baefall me, I wouldn't appreciate being moved to a different part of the ground ( except possibly he padded seats behind the Directors Box.

Anyway, enough about me. Hope H is making a good recovery.UTO.

23 hours ago, sheffieldblue said:

Just had a call from a good friend, the man's son in law

The man who had the fall is Harry Johnson , 89 years old,

He is currently in the Hallamshire, being moved to a High Intensive ward.

He has broken his jaw in 5 places, an eye socket, lost several teeth, several deep cuts and severe facial bruising too.

I speak to him most home games, he is a really nice guy and im sure we will all wish him a speedy and complete recovery

Ah that's terrible. Get well soon Harry. X