Season tickets

26 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Season tickets went on sale in February. We were placed under embargo in April.

He would have known we were sailing close to the wind though, even in Febuary.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The thing is everyone now has a good idea just how bad the club is currently being run, unless we can find a few million from somewhere then we will probably be under embargo once again from April 2019 unless we sell a player for a decent some so fans should know where we are going to be.

Will the club just try and rip the fan base off for the most they can get, so season ticket prices go up or will they use a bit of common sense and knowing that we know we won't be spending millions to buy success reduce the price accordingly. Knowing DC he will put the prices up then accuse us of not being loyal fans if we don't buy them.

I hope he uses some common sense but I haven't seen any yet in nearly 4 years at the club.

He could freeze the prices but can't really reduce them as people have bought the 3 year deal ones.

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Nah .....................if so we wouldn't sell many tickets.

Just imagine early bird tickets announcement ....................................we're going to be poor next season so buy your tickets early.

:tango:

Without knowing do any other football actually have early bird season tickets as back in the glory days of the 90's we all waited till the summer before resigning up for season ticket. More often than not we had sign a few quality players which help to shift the tickets. Now it just seems to be based on blind loyalty for getting them 6 months early and the hope they are cheaper.

I think it was under lee Stafford that we started the January renewal when the club was struggling with finances.

18 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Trade descriptions act ?

If you are selling anything I thought you were obliged to disclose anything which may influence the buyers decision to purchase the product.

Wednesday could  probably be done for saying they are a FOOTBALL club sometimes with some of the crap we have seen on the pitch.. lol

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Without knowing do any other football actually have early bird season tickets as back in the glory days of the 90's we all waited till the summer before resigning up for season ticket. More often than not we had sign a few quality players which help to shift the tickets. Now it just seems to be based on blind loyalty for getting them 6 months early and the hope they are cheaper.

I think it was under lee Stafford that we started the January renewal when the club was struggling with finances.

Most clubs do early bird tickets. Even lower league clubs like York.

14 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

20m worth of season tickets on top of one's already sold ?

Not at all. But anything to show that steps are being taken to increase income to offset the losses would count for something. 

If we could forecast before April that season ticket sales would be higher, therefore creating more income this season than last, that's one tiny part of it. 

The embargo, while completely understandable, has probably caused more issues for us than it's solved. We'd have probably shifted more players on this summer if we were able to replace them, and could have quite easily cut the budget that way. 

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Reckon we thought it best to say nowt in case EFL had forgot. Don't want to remind them did we.

If anyone would have not bought a ticket because we couldn't sign players then they need shooting.

Surely it affects the amount you would be willing to pay? Not the willingness to go, but the amount you are willing to pay.

1 minute ago, CraigSGM said:

Not at all. But anything to show that steps are being taken to increase income to offset the losses would count for something. 

If we could forecast before April that season ticket sales would be higher, therefore creating more income this season than last, that's one tiny part of it. 

The embargo, while completely understandable, has probably caused more issues for us than it's solved. We'd have probably shifted more players on this summer if we were able to replace them, and could have quite easily cut the budget that way. 

Mate it does mater if we sell 80,000 season tickets there is this thing call revenue recognition all season ticket sales income for next season cannot be recognised in our financial figures until next season.

The only way we avoid another embargo is selling playing or offloading costs in January. If Westwood, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Hutch are not going to play again a way has to be found to get the off the wage bill - it could save us a few million by the end of the season. More likely though we will see either Bannan, Reach or Fessi sold in January, the more obvious one is Reach as currently we could get a good price for him and his stock is high a few more decent goals and we could be getting £15m+ for him.

• Haha 1

I dont think it anyone would have made a decision to buy a season ticket or not solely based on if we were in an embargo or not.

But it is an indicator we would not be having a very good season and on the slide so would have influenced some people.

Not surprised the club kept quiet about being in am embargo though.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Mate it does mater if we sell 80,000 season tickets there is this thing call revenue recognition all season ticket sales income for next season cannot be recognised in our financial figures until next season.

The only way we avoid another embargo is selling playing or offloading costs in January. If Westwood, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Hutch are not going to play again a way has to be found to get the off the wage bill - it could save us a few million by the end of the season. More likely though we will see either Bannan, Reach or Fessi sold in January, the more obvious one is Reach as currently we could get a good price for him and his stock is high a few more decent goals and we could be getting £15m+ for him.

It possibly does matter though as far as P&S is concerned.

Even though the income does not show in the accounts until the relevant tax period if we can show we are increasing sales this may count in any assessment undertaken for P&S.

Obviously ticket sales alone won't offset any embargo but coupled with other things like proposals on how we mean to cut player costs etc. it may well help. 

Just now, Hookowl said:

Not really because the prices were frozen.

The prices were frozen and the survey put out by the club intimated that the approach would be to continue to strive for promotion by following the same approach we had done under DC thus far.

Within weeks of that being said, unbeknown to the fanbase at that time, we entered a transfer embargo. This meant we could not replace players like Wallace and Loovens who while it was probably the right time to move on, they had been a big part of our success and replacements were needed. In addition to this we were unable to offer a contract to Venancio and were forced to sell Hunt - two key players in the defence under Luhukay.

Don't get me wrong, I've watched enough of Wednesday in division 3 not to be swayed into a season ticket decision by the quality of the team we put out and I know the OP posted this as a fishing exercise but club stated that our comparatively high prices at this level were being sustained due to the decision to maintain the same approach.........   

Surely if there is a "responsibility"..which morally you can argue there is...

Surely the EFL are under the same moral obligation as Wednesday are?

Why didn't they announce it to fans?

I suspect it would alert other clubs to a possible fire sale, as it would if Wednesday had announced it

I do see the point tho

50 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Crikey. 

Does any club sell their season tickets with a warning to fans that sh*t might hit the fan?? 

This is the reason we moved off the kop onto the Cantilever all those years ago

By sh*t you mean Colin West right?

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

31 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

If you think thats the point then there is no hope for you.

If you cannot see that it is absolutely abhorent to push season tickets knowing you are under embargo, without announcing it then I have nothing to say.

It would have been a factor in the pricing structure of the season tickets.

No way it was worth the price it was sold for, under embargo and unable to sign players or progress.

We dont go to just watch a game. Wednesday is stitched into it, we support out of the desire for progress, not for sh!t5 and giggles.

Ask for a refund then.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The prices were frozen and the survey put out by the club intimated that the approach would be to continue to strive for promotion by following the same approach we had done under DC thus far.

Within weeks of that being said, unbeknown to the fanbase at that time, we entered a transfer embargo. This meant we could not replace players like Wallace and Loovens who while it was probably the right time to move on, they had been a big part of our success and replacements were needed. In addition to this we were unable to offer a contract to Venancio and were forced to sell Hunt - two key players in the defence under Luhukay.

Don't get me wrong, I've watched enough of Wednesday in division 3 not to be swayed into a season ticket decision by the quality of the team we put out and I know the OP posted this as a fishing exercise but club stated that our comparatively high prices at this level were being sustained due to the decision to maintain the same approach.........   

Not disputing any of that mate, but my post "the prices were frozen" was in reply to a post "the amount you were willing to pay"

My point being you couldn't pay less as the prices were frozen and couldn't be reduced due to the previous 2 and 3 year ticket sales.

54 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Nah .....................if so we wouldn't sell many tickets.

Just imagine early bird tickets announcement ....................................we're going to be poor next season so buy your tickets early.

:tango:

This is the tag line for next year's early bird tickets though......

• Haha 1