Season tickets

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The prices were frozen and the survey put out by the club intimated that the approach would be to continue to strive for promotion by following the same approach we had done under DC thus far.

Within weeks of that being said, unbeknown to the fanbase at that time, we entered a transfer embargo. This meant we could not replace players like Wallace and Loovens who while it was probably the right time to move on, they had been a big part of our success and replacements were needed. In addition to this we were unable to offer a contract to Venancio and were forced to sell Hunt - two key players in the defence under Luhukay.

Don't get me wrong, I've watched enough of Wednesday in division 3 not to be swayed into a season ticket decision by the quality of the team we put out and I know the OP posted this as a fishing exercise but club stated that our comparatively high prices at this level were being sustained due to the decision to maintain the same approach.........   

Exactly this. Said in another post,

sure some old fashioned offence of obtaining property by deception  could have been committed in another era. Allegedly.

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Ive got a season ticket..They can make POTG  a tenner a game for me

I've said this before but prices a tad higher than £10. I buy mine( and my two kids) so it is what it is. 

What I do resent is the blox that Chansiri came out with, with the stupid questionnaire. Do you want the same or higher prices for the same level of investment? Whilst knowing the hole Wednesday were in!! It's not my role as a supporter to second guess anything, never mind if we are in an embargo or not. R v  Ghosh springs to mind. 

Well Mr Chansiri can I give you less money for the same seat as part of the lottery we are playing?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hookowl said:

I think the fans not being on his side has a lot to do with mistakes he's made with player purchases/wage structures, possibly listening to wrong advice and being naive in footballing matters.

Hopefully he's learning from this and will improve. Regarding ticket prices as I said previously he can't really lower them due to the 3 year deals.

He could if he really wanted too. Refunds? But he won't do that. 

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

Without knowing do any other football actually have early bird season tickets as back in the glory days of the 90's we all waited till the summer before resigning up for season ticket. More often than not we had sign a few quality players which help to shift the tickets. Now it just seems to be based on blind loyalty for getting them 6 months early and the hope they are cheaper.

I think it was under lee Stafford that we started the January renewal when the club was struggling with finances.

And the season ticket monies were used to pay off a loan taken out 3 months before for 3m despite being sold to us as setting the budget for the following season

Im in my last year of a three year st deal but I'll be getting one next season wherever we are because I support Sheffield Wednesday owners come and go but the club is who we love. 

Pretty sure the club wasn't going to sell season tickets with the proviso that we might be in a transfer embargo soon after...

In saying that, some of the clubs PR and communication with the fans has been nothing short of shocking. 

That utter bo11ocks survey. Words fail me on that one. 

4 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Best thing to do with floaters is try a double flush

But that’s why they’re floaters, they’re never going to fully commit . They get their doses and that’s enough to keep them in the loop etc 

Edited by FreshOwl

I've been a season ticket holder since the mid eighties

For one reason and another, this season I've only managed to get to the Hull game

And I'm not allowed to go for a while yet

Wouldn't dream of asking for a refund though

You pay your money, you take your chances, and it all helps the club which is what we all want surely

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

10 hours ago, Maxine said:

Im in my last year of a three year st deal but I'll be getting one next season wherever we are because I support Sheffield Wednesday owners come and go but the club is who we love. 

I am in the same position of being in last year of 3 year deal. I have had a season ticket since the last 1980's and never thought twice about not renewing.

I am not going to make bold statements and saying I am not going to get another as I know I probably will. But this is first time I have weighed up in my mind whether to get another or not. Will get one but mainly due for social reasons as I enjoy meeting people for a drink before and after.

10 hours ago, Maxine said:

This is exactly where I am.  Could not afford another long term ticket, but will renew next season.  I do not buy a season ticket on the promise of success, or with any real expectation of success or otherwise.  I buy a season ticket cos i go and support/watch/cheer/boo my team.  Enjoy/endure the game, talk about in the pub and on here, brush myself down and look forward to the next.  No claim to being a #superfan or anything, its just what i do, win lose or draw.

ps the booing is usually aimed at the ref (or Snodgrass)

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

23 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am in the same position of being in last year of 3 year deal. I have had a season ticket since the last 1980's and never thought twice about not renewing.

I am not going to make bold statements and saying I am not going to get another as I know I probably will. But this is first time I have weighed up in my mind whether to get another or not. Will get one but mainly due for social reasons as I enjoy meeting people for a drink before and after.

I bet alot are questioning what to.do next season as it's probably not going to get any better soon but like you say its alot to give up the social side of it too  and we wont be garbage forever. 

24 minutes ago, Striggy said:

This is exactly where I am.  Could not afford another long term ticket, but will renew next season.  I do not buy a season ticket on the promise of success, or with any real expectation of success or otherwise.  I buy a season ticket cos i go and support/watch/cheer/boo my team.  Enjoy/endure the game, talk about in the pub and on here, brush myself down and look forward to the next.  No claim to being a #superfan or anything, its just what i do, win lose or draw.

ps the booing is usually aimed at the ref (or Snodgrass)

I wouldn't know what to talk about at work and there's only so much shopping I can do. Im sticking with it for the Highs and lows nothing else makes me feel the same. WAWAW. 

6 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I wouldn't know what to talk about at work and there's only so much shopping I can do. Im sticking with it for the Highs and lows nothing else makes me feel the same. WAWAW. 

Good one

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I hate this idea of, ‘oh Chansiri will learn, he’s made mistakes but will get better’.

Theres no evidence to support he will, if anything it points in the other direction.

Wish people would stop talking about him as if he’s a child. He’s a f*cking grown man who’s c*cked our club up. I don’t care if his intentions were good or we were 90 minutes from achieving what we needed. Reality is his ‘good intentions’ have royally f*cked us for years as a club, divided the fan base, excluded thousands of fans and made thousands more feel more distant with Sheffield Wednesday than ever before.

I just don’t understand the sympathy for this bloke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2