Season tickets

On 01/11/2018 at 15:07, Fibonacci91 said:

Did DC sell us season tickets without telling anyone about the transfer embargo?

Has anyone mentioned this?

Is this in any way forgivable? 

i can see your point, but the club has to run 'damage limitation' on this matter.

i assume that you are indeed a season ticket holder, so would it have affected your decision to buy, or not?

Just now, punkskaphil said:

You seem to have misunderstood my point. Those links are for what's now called Thai Union (Thai Foods Group - which was the company you mentioned first, is completely separate from Thai Union/Thai Union Frozen).

I then explained that DC himself is not part of Thai Union, although it's his family's company. If you look through the staff you can see that Dejphon Chansiri is not there. Hence we can't expect that Thai Union would have any reason to get involved in Sheffield Wednesday, seeing as it's Dejphon's club and not his family's. If I remember correctly the Thai Union logo (when it was still called Thai Union Frozen) was displayed on a few minor things, like the sponsorship boards behind TV interviewees, but that was a couple of years back. Thai Union isn't even listed as a club partner on the official website.

My Original point was that the Coates family not the chairman of Stoke sponsor both the stadium and the shirts for north of £8m a season.

The Chansiri family own a 15 - 20% stake is a massive company not DC personally he has a less than 1% stake but his family members are both the CEO and chairman of this business they will have a sway in who they want to sponsor. The choice of who to sponsor i normally based on media exposure we are reportedly in Europe one of the most watch league add to that we are owned by a family relation of the CEO and chairman other companies have sponsored for a lot less than that.  

You would also think that if one of the gentlemen I mentioned is in fact DC dad why would he not want to help his son out.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

My Original point was that the Coates family not the chairman of Stoke sponsor both the stadium and the shirts for north of £8m a season.

The Chansiri family own a 15 - 20% stake is a massive company not DC personally he has a less than 1% stake but his family members are both the CEO and chairman of this business they will have a sway in who they want to sponsor. The choice of who to sponsor i normally based on media exposure we are reportedly in Europe one of the most watch league add to that we are owned by a family relation of the CEO and chairman other companies have sponsored for a lot less than that.  

You would also think that if one of the gentlemen I mentioned is in fact DC dad why would he not want to help his son out.

Perhaps DC's dad is not interested in ploughing company money into something his son has decided to buy. You were blaming DC for not getting his family's company to invest into the club - well, why should they? My brother runs a company - I don't expect him to put money into anything I do just because we're related, and I wouldn't blame him for it either.

Presumably the Chansiri family didn't tell Dejphon that they'd help him to go out, purchase and then fund an English football club.

Stoke are very fortunate that the Coates family - who are based in Stoke and presumably have had historic links with the club going back decades - sponsor the stadium and shirts, but why do you think that means the Chansiri family who may potentially have little interest in football, let alone English football, would do the same? Their only investment benefit would probably be in putting John West on the shirts, but they probably don't think that sponsoring a second tier football club is going to bring great returns, especially since John West is already a household name in the UK.

Like many I suspect at the end of 3 year season tickets the renewal decisions is going to be a serious consideration. Not sure I am prepared to continue to put my hard earned money into a club run in this fashion and a Muppet puppet as head coach

21 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

If he persists with these 3 year season tickets he's never going to reduce price, . POTG or ST because he's got an excuse not to. 

You can buy five year tickets now I think. 

On 02/11/2018 at 04:07, Fibonacci91 said:

Did DC sell us season tickets without telling anyone about the transfer embargo?

Has anyone mentioned this?

Is this in any way forgivable? 

You were all lied to  continue to back him and he will continue to invest in the team was the message and all the time we were under an embargo.

People can neg you all they like but the truth is yes the fans were lied to, simple really.

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

To summarise , we are run abysmally ...... 

youre welcome 

We are run by an egomaniac who hasn't a clue what he's doing and running this club into the ground.

If this was happening across the city or at any other club we would be laughing our socks off, however some fans feel that Chansiri's lack of knowledge is his saving grace and that in itself is a massive worry.

• Like 1