Season tickets

Just now, Hookowl said:

I'm in agreement with that I get one every year whatever, but how many others would be happy ?

I'd be more than happy with this too*

*on the basis that your post below is true and the offer is made again as I could then get the pro-rata refund on my season ticket and continue to attend as a match-day supporter for £10 per game! lol:carlos:

Just now, Hookowl said:

It didn't really say that though did it?

It said if you asked for a refund on your season ticket you couldn't buy a season ticket again.

What would you expect. Buy a season ticket ............poor results get refund..........buy one next season...............poor results get a refund........repeat......................repeat etc. 

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I'm in agreement with that I get one every year whatever, but how many others would be happy ?

No idea mate.....but we are going to leak fans eventually, and its hard to find a system that folk won't rip the p*ss out of...

We have a decent fan base...still 25K turning up after nigh on 20 years of dross...

Some will think  "F.ook it ive done me time"

You got a club across the City, cheaper and sadly playing better...Neutrals will drift towards that...

We need to utilise the advantage we we have always had as regards crowds...Sadly , pricing a percentage of them out of the market doesn't bode well for the future.

I have no problem subsidising Wednesday fans...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zakswfc said:

This woukdnt have come as a shick though would it.

Those in charge if finance would clearly know that we were the wrong side of the rules. 

You just mentioned those in charge as if they knew the rules.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Without knowing do any other football actually have early bird season tickets as back in the glory days of the 90's we all waited till the summer before resigning up for season ticket. More often than not we had sign a few quality players which help to shift the tickets. Now it just seems to be based on blind loyalty for getting them 6 months early and the hope they are cheaper.

I think it was under lee Stafford that we started the January renewal when the club was struggling with finances.

Alarm bells should have been ringing when he first started offering 3 and 5 year ST's.

I bet daddy isn't happy with him spaffing all that family money.

3 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Did DC sell us season tickets without telling anyone about the transfer embargo?

Has anyone mentioned this?

Is this in any way forgivable? 

No, yes, no. Thing is this club is being run horribly but we support it through thick and thin so the point you're trying to make (whatever that is) is irrelevant. Get ready for more negs BTW piggy 

18 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

No idea mate.....but we are going to leak fans eventually, and its hard to find a system that folk won't rip the p*ss out of...

We have a decent fan base...still 25K turning up after nigh on 20 years of dross...

You got a club across the City, cheaper and sadly playing better...Neutrals will drift towards that...

We need to utilise the advantage we we have always had as regards crowds...Sadly , pricing a percentage of them out of the market doesn't bode well for the future.

Our match-day prices are a problem in comparison with most of the division no doubt and I admire your reasoning with this but it is just not workable is it.

We have around 20,000 season ticket holders currently and while the convenience of not having to get tickets every other week and sitting in the same seat is a factor, I would say the majority buy a season ticket mainly because it is the cheapest way to see all the home games.

If you suddenly start letting non-season ticket holders in for £10 per game or whatever - cheaper per game than the cost of a season ticket then the result will be that season ticket sales the following season will reduce significantly.  

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This is the reason we moved off the kop onto the Cantilever all those years ago

By sh*t you mean Colin West right?

That Penalty against Luton still gives me nightmares . Nearly took my head off. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Our match-day prices are a problem in comparison with most of the division no doubt and I admire your reasoning with this but it is just not workable is it.

We have around 20,000 season ticket holders currently and while the convenience of not having to get tickets every other week and sitting in the same seat is a factor, I would say the majority buy a season ticket mainly because it is the cheapest way to see all the home games.

If you suddenly start letting non-season ticket holders in for £10 per game or whatever - cheaper per game than the cost of a season ticket then the result will be that season ticket sales the following season will reduce significantly.  

Depends on who you are letting in for a tenner...

If certain criteria were in place...I doubt most season ticket holders would complain...

How you do it...Ive no idea mate, 

but there are 15000 empty seats standing in mute testimony to summat being tried

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Depends on who you are letting in for a tenner...

If certain criteria were in place...I doubt most season ticket holders would complain...

How you do it...Ive no idea mate, 

but there are 15000 empty seats standing in mute testimony to summat being tried

Who are you suggesting?

I would like to see the ground get closer to its capacity and wouldn't be too fussed if it were to happen now to try and lift us and get some much needed extra income - but there is no way I would spend £550 on a season ticket for the following season if there was any chance prices would be dropped mid-season again and I could see the full season for much less by paying per match instead - and I think many would feel the same. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Who are you suggesting?

I would like to see the ground get closer to its capacity and wouldn't be too fussed if it were to happen now to try and lift us and get some much needed extra income - but there is no way I would spend £550 on a season ticket for the following season if there was any chance prices would be dropped mid-season again and I could see the full season for much less by paying per match instead - and I think many would feel the same. 

I dunno..unemployed....Health service workers,  ambulance staff etc....minimum wage workers...owt thats certified by a simple check...

Bald fat blokes....?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I dunno..unemployed....Health service workers,  ambulance staff etc....minimum wage workers...owt thats certified by a simple check...

Bald fat blokes....?

Tried this kind of thing before haven't we? Didn't work that well from what I remember.

19 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Bald fat blokes....?

Hope so , will save me a fortune on season tickets. 

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Not trying to be an ar5e...but do we actually attract neutrals? Floaters more likely to abstain due to Ifollow/red button. I think those 2 are going to be the ones that will hit us. UTO.

4 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

Not trying to be an ar5e...but do we actually attract neutrals? Floaters more likely to abstain due to Ifollow/red button. I think those 2 are going to be the ones that will hit us. UTO.

Floaters are more likely to abstain due to ticket prices.