Season tickets

5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I hate this idea of, ‘oh Chansiri will learn, he’s made mistakes but will get better’.

Theres no evidence to support he will, if anything it points in the other direction.

Wish people would stop talking about him as if he’s a child. He’s a f*cking grown man who’s c*cked our club up. I don’t care if his intentions were good or we were 90 minutes from achieving what we needed. Reality is his ‘good intentions’ have royally f*cked us for years as a club, divided the fan base, excluded thousands of fans and made thousands more feel more distant with Sheffield Wednesday than ever before.

I just don’t understand the sympathy for this bloke.

Lots of good points here.

I am a bit fed of hearing about if we had won at Wembley in 2016. With what we have seen since my prediction would have been spunking loads more money up the wall, coming back down and being in a worse mess now.

19 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

If you think thats the point then there is no hope for you.

If you cannot see that it is absolutely abhorent to push season tickets knowing you are under embargo, without announcing it then I have nothing to say.

It would have been a factor in the pricing structure of the season tickets.

No way it was worth the price it was sold for, under embargo and unable to sign players or progress.

We dont go to just watch a game. Wednesday is stitched into it, we support out of the desire for progress, not for sh!t5 and giggles.

If season ticket holders went for solely for the desire for success, then the place would have emptied years ago. 

Of course, we all hope that next year will be better...."this time next year we'll be in the premier league rodders"

But nothing is certain in football. 

There's something to be said for you can only judge people when things go a bit awry.

Think that particular applies to football.

Needless to say, Chansiri has had a flipping mare since things started to go boobies up after Huddersfield. The club has unravelled at an alarming rate and for all intents and purposes we are in a worst position than when he came in. 

In saying that, this thread about season tickets and arguments as to refunds etc is nonsense imo. 

I wasn't demanding a refund when I bought a season ticket in 2010/2011 and we found ourselves in the bottom half of league one and on the steps of the High Court. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There's something to be said for you can only judge people when things go a bit awry.

Think that particular applies to football.

Needless to say, Chansiri has had a flipping mare since things started to go boobies up after Huddersfield. The club has unravelled at an alarming rate and for all intents and purposes we are in a worst position than when he came in. 

In saying that, this thread about season tickets and arguments as to refunds etc is nonsense imo. 

I wasn't demanding a refund when I bought a season ticket in 2010/2011 and we found ourselves in the bottom half of league one and on the steps of the High Court. 

The problem we have as a clue though is DC is not putting any money in, he uses the P &S rule as an excuse not to, but then expect fans to pay over the top prices for the sake of the club. There is no plan to get us out of this mess other than promotion.

You will always have your die hard fans who would what the Owls if the team consisted of one man and a dog as long as they were wearing a blue and white striped shirt.

Eventually this season, the next, the one after, fans will start to get sick of being over priced when they look at other teams in the league charging less, performing better and to an extend giving back to the fans. When was the last time the club laid on free coaches to the fans going to support the team away in their thousands I cannot think of once in the last 10 years. A small token but one that would make fans feel valued. No we have shirts arrive 3 months late then tell fans if you don't by them by December we are putting the price up £10, this sort of thing might work in a marketing customer environment but it makes fans feel unwanted.

The numbers are going to start to drop off then DC will be off and we as a club will be in a massive financial hole caused by one man not having a clue what he is doing and continuing season after season to not have a clue what he is doing, but the more worrying thing for me is he is not trying to bring the people in who could help to improve the club and also implement the changes that could see us flourish for year to come instead of this season by season decline that has been happening since Wembley.

Things are going to get a lot worse before better but don't worry as long as we get promoted we will be fine WTF:

2 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

I'd hazard a guess that Chansiri has spent all the 3 and 5 year ST monies.

I would hazard a guess it was spent before the Christmas 2016

I am still 75% certain I am going to get a season ticket next for 2019-20.

But one of the biggest things that puts me off modern football is the increasing number of silly kick off times.

I know you are going to get a few but tomorrow must be first match for a while its 3pm Saturday at home.

We every non Saturday game on Sky in one way or another if I didn't renew I could still watch probably 50% of homes (and 50% of away games) from comfort of my sofa. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

The problem we have as a clue though is DC is not putting any money in, he uses the P &S rule as an excuse not to, but then expect fans to pay over the top prices for the sake of the club. There is no plan to get us out of this mess other than promotion.

You will always have your die hard fans who would what the Owls if the team consisted of one man and a dog as long as they were wearing a blue and white striped shirt.

Eventually this season, the next, the one after, fans will start to get sick of being over priced when they look at other teams in the league charging less, performing better and to an extend giving back to the fans. When was the last time the club laid on free coaches to the fans going to support the team away in their thousands I cannot think of once in the last 10 years. A small token but one that would make fans feel valued. No we have shirts arrive 3 months late then tell fans if you don't by them by December we are putting the price up £10, this sort of thing might work in a marketing customer environment but it makes fans feel unwanted.

The numbers are going to start to drop off then DC will be off and we as a club will be in a massive financial hole caused by one man not having a clue what he is doing and continuing season after season to not have a clue what he is doing, but the more worrying thing for me is he is not trying to bring the people in who could help to improve the club and also implement the changes that could see us flourish for year to come instead of this season by season decline that has been happening since Wembley.

Things are going to get a lot worse before better but don't worry as long as we get promoted we will be fine WTF:

The chairman isn't allowed to put any more money in because of the stupid P'n'S rules. IMO , if a chairman/board of a club are willing to invest THEIR cash in THEIR club without putting it as a debt towards the club , then that should be allowed. Although FFP/P'n'S was brought in to ostensibly stop clubs going to the wall, which to all intents and purposes was a good thing, all it has managed to do really is stop investors ploughing their money into the business.

Man City's team was assembled at a cost of around £900,000,000 ffs. I don't know what the value is of the prize money they have won or what their gate income or commercial income is ; but it'd want to be very, very high to cover that amount of expenditure. And that nine hundred million doesn't take into account wages etc. It's just the fees paid for the players.

FFP
FFS

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am still 75% certain I am going to get a season ticket next for 2019-20.

But one of the biggest things that puts me off modern football is the increasing number of silly kick off times.

I know you are going to get a few but tomorrow must be first match for a while its 3pm Saturday at home.

We every non Saturday game on Sky in one way or another if I didn't renew I could still watch probably 50% of homes (and 50% of away games) from comfort of my sofa. 

When sky start showing all of the games in midweek and all of the week end ones they can get away with the attendances will drop off and personally I don't see those people coming back, they will pick and chose which games they want to go to but the club make away games a close shop with the points system so people just stop going.

• Like 1

Just now, cognacbarnowl said:

The chairman isn't allowed to put any more money in because of the stupid P'n'S rules. IMO , if a chairman/board of a club are willing to invest THEIR cash in THEIR club without putting it as a debt towards the club , then that should be allowed. Although FFP/P'n'S was brought in to ostensibly stop clubs going to the wall, which to all intents and purposes was a good thing, all it has managed to do really is stop investors ploughing their money into the business.

Man City's team was assembled at a cost of around £900,000,000 ffs. I don't know what the value is of the prize money they have won or what their gate income or commercial income is ; but it'd want to be very, very high to cover that amount of expenditure. And that nine hundred million doesn't take into account wages etc. It's just the fees paid for the players.

FFP
FFS

Stokes City have their shirts sponsored by Bet365 a company that the Coates family (who own Stoke City) have a majority share of, the stadium is the Bet 365 stadium and for this honour this season they have paid in Sponsorship £8.2m.

DC for having his name on the shirts, name on the seats, name on the stand, name on the advertising boards, his taxi company with no driver name everywhere paid in £1.2m. 

Stoke City are able to put £8.2m into their club DC put in £1.2m now tell me why is our stadium not named, why do we not have more sponsorship deals with Thia Food Group a company majority own by DC family - plan and simple really because he does not want to put the money in.  

If you don't believe me google it and see what their owners pay into their club every year using the business they own.

All the 3 teams that went up the season we missed out had shirt sponsorship deals worth £1.5m alone, not including stadium naming rights or additional advertising, trust me when I say DC may be putting in more than any chairman we have had but he is not putting the most he can and every time he is asked the Profit and Sustainability rules are used as the excuse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Stokes City have their shirts sponsored by Bet365 a company that the Coates family (who own Stoke City) have a majority share of, the stadium is the Bet 365 stadium and for this honour this season they have paid in Sponsorship £8.2m.

DC for having his name on the shirts, name on the seats, name on the stand, name on the advertising boards, his taxi company with no driver name everywhere paid in £1.2m. 

Stoke City are able to put £8.2m into their club DC put in £1.2m now tell me why is our stadium not named, why do we not have more sponsorship deals with Thia Food Group a company majority own by DC family - plan and simple really because he does not want to put the money in.  

If you don't believe me google it and see what their owners pay into their club every year using the business they own.

All the 3 teams that went up the season we missed out had shirt sponsorship deals worth £1.5m alone, not including stadium naming rights or additional advertising, trust me when I say DC may be putting in more than any chairman we have had but he is not putting the most he can and every time he is asked the Profit and Sustainability rules are used as the excuse.

I didn't realise the Chansiri family had anything to do with TFG. If you mean Thai Union, then I don't think DC himself actually is part of that so presumably he can't force the rest of his family to use their company to sponsor his football club.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

When Stoke had their stadium sponsored they were in the premiership and could therefore get a higher value for stadium rights.

The value allowed for this is in our case defined by the EFL.

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

I didn't realise the Chansiri family had anything to do with TFG. If you mean Thai Union, then I don't think DC himself actually is part of that so presumably he can't force the rest of his family to use their company to sponsor his football club.

See the link below for the current CEO and chairman of the Thia Food Frozen Group a 140 billion turnover company that just these two own 15% of note their surname.

http://www.thaiunion.com/en/about/people/global-leadership-team/393/mr-thiraphong-chansiri 

http://www.thaiunion.com/en/about/people/board-of-director/11/mr-kraisorn-chansiri

You would think the chairman and the CEO could pursued the company to sponsor a football club that a family member owns that is in the 4th most watch league in the world. 

10 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

When Stoke had their stadium sponsored they were in the premiership and could therefore get a higher value for stadium rights.

The value allowed for this is in our case defined by the EFL.

But that's the whole point isn't it the Profit and Sustainability laws are meant to apply to everyone but they get around the rules by it being an existing contract.

If one chairman through family business can put £8m+ into a club then every chairman if he wishes should be able to put the same amount in. Or what is the point of having any rules at all?

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

But that's the whole point isn't it the Profit and Sustainability laws are meant to apply to everyone but they get around the rules by it being an existing contract.

If one chairman through family business can put £8m+ into a club then every chairman if he wishes should be able to put the same amount in. Or what is the point of having any rules at all?

I agree P&S doesn't do what it's supposed to do, misuse of parachute payments proves that.

Probably due to the season we're having but I don't miss my season ticket at all. I'm happy to spend money on the club but so far I can't find owt apart from a baby beaker that was £8, sod that. 

I'd love some really smart polo's, knitwear etc that are made to last. 

Probably due to the season we're having but I don't miss my season ticket at all. I'm happy to spend money on the club but so far I can't find owt apart from a baby beaker that was £8, sod that. 

I'd love some really smart polo's, knitwear etc that are made to last. 

Maybe they could offer this? 

Screenshot_20181101-220050.png

Screenshot_20181101-220059.png

Edited by modboy

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

See the link below for the current CEO and chairman of the Thia Food Frozen Group a 140 billion turnover company that just these two own 15% of note their surname.

http://www.thaiunion.com/en/about/people/global-leadership-team/393/mr-thiraphong-chansiri 

http://www.thaiunion.com/en/about/people/board-of-director/11/mr-kraisorn-chansiri

You would think the chairman and the CEO could pursued the company to sponsor a football club that a family member owns that is in the 4th most watch league in the world. 

You seem to have misunderstood my point. Those links are for what's now called Thai Union (Thai Foods Group - which was the company you mentioned first, is completely separate from Thai Union/Thai Union Frozen).

I then explained that DC himself is not part of Thai Union, although it's his family's company. If you look through the staff you can see that Dejphon Chansiri is not there. Hence we can't expect that Thai Union would have any reason to get involved in Sheffield Wednesday, seeing as it's Dejphon's club and not his family's. If I remember correctly the Thai Union logo (when it was still called Thai Union Frozen) was displayed on a few minor things, like the sponsorship boards behind TV interviewees, but that was a couple of years back. Thai Union isn't even listed as a club partner on the official website.