Season tickets

Guest addedtime
2 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Did DC sell us season tickets without telling anyone about the transfer embargo?

Has anyone mentioned this?

Is this in any way forgivable? 

Was he obliged to?

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Season tickets went on sale in February. We were placed under embargo in April.

This woukdnt have come as a shick though would it.

Those in charge if finance would clearly know that we were the wrong side of the rules. 

5 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Did DC sell us season tickets without telling anyone about the transfer embargo?

Has anyone mentioned this?

Is this in any way forgivable? 

It would be unforgivable, but only for people who would stop supporting the club if they're under an embargo.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

Yep I bet it was a real shock when the FA slapped us with an embargo after going 20m+ over the limit .

Perhaps there was hope that shifting a bunch of season tickets early on could generate enough cash to hold off an embargo? 

2 minutes ago, zakswfc said:

This woukdnt have come as a shick though would it.

Those in charge if finance would clearly know that we were the wrong side of the rules. 

I can't imagine the club would want to preempt the EFL's punishment by announcing that they expected to be placed under an embargo, just in case some season ticket holders' decisions hinged on avoiding an embargo for some reason.

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Trade descriptions act ?

If you are selling anything I thought you were obliged to disclose anything which may influence the buyers decision to purchase the product.

The club probably doesn't realise we have fans for whom a transfer embargo would stop them from buying a season ticket.

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Trade descriptions act ?

If you are selling anything I thought you were obliged to disclose anything which may influence the buyers decision to purchase the product.

Nah .....................if so we wouldn't sell many tickets.

Just imagine early bird tickets announcement ....................................we're going to be poor next season so buy your tickets early.

:tango:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

The club probably doesn't realise we have fans for whom a transfer embargo would stop them from buying a season ticket.

If you think thats the point then there is no hope for you.

If you cannot see that it is absolutely abhorent to push season tickets knowing you are under embargo, without announcing it then I have nothing to say.

It would have been a factor in the pricing structure of the season tickets.

No way it was worth the price it was sold for, under embargo and unable to sign players or progress.

We dont go to just watch a game. Wednesday is stitched into it, we support out of the desire for progress, not for sh!t5 and giggles.

The thing is everyone now has a good idea just how bad the club is currently being run, unless we can find a few million from somewhere then we will probably be under embargo once again from April 2019 unless we sell a player for a decent some so fans should know where we are going to be.

Will the club just try and rip the fan base off for the most they can get, so season ticket prices go up or will they use a bit of common sense and knowing that we know we won't be spending millions to buy success reduce the price accordingly. Knowing DC he will put the prices up then accuse us of not being loyal fans if we don't buy them.

I hope he uses some common sense but I haven't seen any yet in nearly 4 years at the club.