Season tickets

Clubs have always done similar..

Wednesday?

Premier return ticket

Europe in 5 years...

Folk asking whether its legitimate?

No advertising is really honest is it? 

Trades description etc....?..Fans moan that they get treated like customers...Then moan cos they don't get treated like customers?

I would have bought one anyhow, so maybe my opinion carries little weight.

The prices are too high for whatever...Embargo...No Embargo..Messi, Ronaldo and Aguero tipping up..

I watch Wednesday..emargoed or unembargoed..No f.ookin' interest in owt much else as regards football.

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Theres the option...To be fair DC did offer one...he also offered to help out if fans were struggling to afford it....

I mean lets have both sides of the story...

What he didn't tell anyone though was he would spit his dummy out and ban any fan from ever attending a game again if they asked for a refund.

I don't think he put this in the small print 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/the-catch-behind-sheffield-wednesday-s-season-ticket-refund-offer-to-fans-1-8950075

Just now, Hookowl said:

Not disputing any of that mate, but my post "the prices were frozen" was in reply to a post "the amount you were willing to pay"

My point being you couldn't pay less as the prices were frozen and couldn't be reduced due to the previous 2 and 3 year ticket sales.

Good point. As you say the 3-year season tickets don't leave much room for manoeuvre in terms of reducing season ticket prices which in turn doesn't leave much room for reducing match-day prices.

It is rare that clubs reduce season ticket prices across the board at all anyway these days. The fact remains the club stated the price strategy overall was to remain in place to continue with the same on-field approach. Few clubs in world football I would imagine charge more for a membership than we introduced after the embargo hit home and we continue to have some of the highest prices in the country the replica kits and in the Championship for single tickets.

DC has since said that we need to maximise income to try and avoid future sanctions which comes as no surprise to anyone but the opinion poll conducted and the fact that the results were emphasised by the club does appear to have been misleading - if we were in a transfer embargo by April then the club would have known when the survey was conducted a few weeks earlier that following the same approach this season would have been highly unlikely at best.      

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Clubs have always done similar..

Wednesday?

Premier return ticket

Europe in 5 years...

Folk asking whether its legitimate?

No advertising is really honest is it? 

Trades description etc....?..Fans moan that they get treated like customers...Then moan cos they don't get treated like customers?

I would have bought one anyhow, so maybe my opinion carries little weight.

The prices are too high for whatever...Embargo...No Embargo..Messi, Ronaldo and Aguero tipping up..

I watch Wednesday..emargoed or unembargoed..No f.ookin' interest in owt much else as regards football.

Was just going to post the same about the bits highlighted, it's not as if we haven't heard over-optimistic approaches to selling tickets before is it! It is a game of possibilities afterall - If Cardiff City had advertised last season as 'join us in our aim to get back to the top flight' then I doubt many of their fans would have truly believed it but there you go.

I would not have expected the club to declare that they were in an embargo in April - why would they? Let's face it, being under an embargo in April doesn't actually make that much difference until the transfer window opens a couple of months later and maybe the club thought they could set up deals and financial plans to convince the EFL to remove the embargo by the summer.

It was an EFL decision and if the governing bodies want more transparency in football then maybe they should make rules about they themselves declaring when clubs are under sanctions?

It does make the issuing of the survey that the club conducted, the way the questions were worded and the way it was inferred the overwhelming results of the fans responses would be followed a bit bizarre at best though.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This is the reason we moved off the kop onto the Cantilever all those years ago

By sh*t you mean Colin West right?

I bet you though you were safe from the wayward shooting on there - until Jermaine Johnson came along! 

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

What he didn't tell anyone though was he would spit his dummy out and ban any fan from ever attending a game again if they asked for a refund.

I don't think he put this in the small print 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/the-catch-behind-sheffield-wednesday-s-season-ticket-refund-offer-to-fans-1-8950075

It didn't really say that though did it?

It said if you asked for a refund on your season ticket you couldn't buy a season ticket again.

What would you expect. Buy a season ticket ............poor results get refund..........buy one next season...............poor results get a refund........repeat......................repeat etc. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

It didn't really say that though did it?

It said if you asked for a refund on your season ticket you couldn't buy a season ticket again.

What would you expect. Buy a season ticket ............poor results get refund..........buy one next season...............poor results get a refund........repeat......................repeat etc. 

Look I don't know anyone who took it up but the chairman just seem to do everything he can to not get the fans on his side.

Look at the previous guy who didn't have as much money but the fans loved Milan even after he lost his love for football after Harry Redknapp stabbed him in the back. I think DC could do a lot worse than looking at how he interacts with fans and maybe look to adopt a better approach.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look I don't know anyone who took it up but the chairman just seem to do everything he can to not get the fans on his side.

Look at the previous guy who didn't have as much money but the fans loved Milan even after he lost his love for football after Harry Redknapp stabbed him in the back. I think DC could do a lot worse than looking at how he interacts with fans and maybe look to adopt a better approach.

The fans "Loved" Milan because of the circumstances at the time...He sold us for a profit, and was better at PR than DC is...

I still appreciate what he did, but I'm wise enough to know why he did it.

DC hasn't got the hang of it yet...I dunno if he will, but he can make great strides next season if he relents a bit, tells it how it is, and prices it properly

WE really need to be together for the rest of this season, and ALL of next, if the prognosis is correct..Otherwise its all going down the s H8TTer again.

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think the fans not being on his side has a lot to do with mistakes he's made with player purchases/wage structures, possibly listening to wrong advice and being naive in footballing matters.

Hopefully he's learning from this and will improve. Regarding ticket prices as I said previously he can't really lower them due to the 3 year deals.

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I think the fans not being on his side has a lot to do with mistakes he's made with player purchases/wage structures, possibly listening to wrong advice and being naive in footballing matters.

Hopefully he's learning from this and will improve. Regarding ticket prices as I said previously he can't really lower them due to the 3 year deals.

What were the 3 year deals?

I mean, could he lower them a modicum, enough not to upset the "3 year" buyers...Yet still attract fans?

Edited by asteener1867

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

What were the 3 year deals?

I mean, could he lower them a modicum, enough not to upset the "3 year" buyers...Yet still attract fans?

I'm not sure of the details I just get mine every year, but I would think there'd be complaints if prices were lowered and it reflected badly.