Jos gone?

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed. But the chairman shoulders a lot of the blame for saying "promotion or big trouble" in August. 

Very true. But would Joao and Bannan in particular have signed new deals if DC wasn't saying things like that? 

6 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Very true. But would Joao and Bannan in particular have signed new deals if DC wasn't saying things like that? 

Good point. That is the saving grace I'm holding onto that things aren't too bad behind the scenes. Because Bannan could easily get a move to a better club, but he decided to stay.

It’s a tough one, because I don’t think sacking him will make a blind bit of difference. The buck lies mostly with the players, and it would be the same under a different manager with us hovering around mid table 

What I don’t like about Jos is his scattergun approach to tactics and formation. A new manager could come in and sort this, but he’d need to go on one hell of a run and have these players performing way above their potential to even consider the play offs 

I think old Six Fingers would sort this out.

The first thing he'd do is tighten the defence and make us difficult to beat.

Slowing the game down, taking an eternity for throw-ins, spoiling tactics.

Basically, what he's been doing to us for years.

But he'd have an added ingredient here which he didn't have down in Epswech, namely firepower.

Even in the first derby against the Blades, bob as we were, we still scored 2 goals.

Jos is trying to bring a foreign ethos to our play, and that's causing us problems.

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But he'd have an added ingredient here which he didn't have down in Epswech, namely firepower.

Even in the first derby against the Blades, bob as we were, we still scored 2 goals.

Jos is trying to bring a foreign ethos to our play, and that's causing us problems.

Agree with that 

we’ve never had the players to play the continental way, apart from bannan and FF 

keep tactics simple and play to your strengths 

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

I love all these” I can see the big picture posts”. As per the other thread then. Please explain us to us simpletons just what “ the big picture” is, because all I’m seeing is a manager out of his depth and making bizzare decisions. 

It's fairly obvious this is a transitional season, were youngsters are being given the chance to prove they are good enough, and we wait for the big earners and low producers to run their contracts down. Until then we muddle through and where we currently are in the table is where we should be with this squad, Jos is doing about as well as you'd expect.

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

It's fairly obvious this is a transitional season, were youngsters are being given the chance to prove they are good enough, and we wait for the big earners and low producers to run their contracts down. Until then we muddle through and where we currently are in the table is where we should be with this squad, Jos is doing about as well as you'd expect.

The problem for me is that are any of these youngsters going to become a player of Forestieri or a Bannan's standard?

I doubt it.

I just think that we should have a go with the Bannans and Forestieris while we still have them.

To do that we need a manager who can mend the defence, and that's not Jos.

Once the Bannans and FFs are gone, then that's that.

We'll be in transition for a long time.

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good point. That is the saving grace I'm holding onto that things aren't too bad behind the scenes. Because Bannan could easily get a move to a better club, but he decided to stay.

"better club"

A better club than Sheffield Wednesday.

What on earth are you talking about young Lady.

I've never heard such nonsense and piffle in all of my life !

Go to the back of the class and stand facing the wall...........

• Haha 1

I see the pressure continuing to build on Luhukay.

Lose to Norwich City on Saturday and that will be four defeats in a row with some shambolic performances.

The team he is sending out lacks organisation, drive, a pattern of play and no identity.

I just have a feeling that he may decide to walk either before or after the 9th November.

2 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I see the pressure continuing to build on Luhukay.

Lose to Norwich City on Saturday and that will be four defeats in a row with some shambolic performances.

The team he is sending out lacks organisation, drive, a pattern of play and no identity.

I just have a feeling that he may decide to walk either before or after the 9th November.

It may be the best for all concerned.

The tactics he favours at the back must be manna from heaven for Wilder.

There's nothing wrong with Jos' philosophy if you have the players to play it.

We don't, and a hiding against the Blades and he's boss in name only thereafter.

13 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem for me is that are any of these youngsters going to become a player of Forestieri or a Bannan's standard?

I doubt it.

I just think that we should have a go with the Bannans and Forestieris while we still have them.

To do that we need a manager who can mend the defence, and that's not Jos.

Once the Bannans and FFs are gone, then that's that.

We'll be in transition for a long time.

I’m sure that will be DC’s plan as well However, if that is the case, then Jos really needs to get his arse into gear, as we need to be there or thereabouts come January. It doesn’t look as if DC and Jos are currently singing from the same hymn sheet, with the coach seemingly using these games to try different systems, and blood all the youngsters. From what I’ve seen of the youngsters, including the two keepers, some have promise, but none are yet ready to sustain a promotion challenge. Anyone can throw the kids in, and claim to be progressing the youth, but if they’re not ready, and it doesn’t fit with the chairmans targets, then they won’t be in a job for long.

18 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

DC won't get the importance of the derby.

Agreed, hence the reason Carlos survived the utter humiliation we suffered at Hillsborough last season.

Of course Carlos was another who just didn't get the importance of the derby.

18 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

DC won't get the importance of the derby.

Agreed, hence the reason Carlos survived the utter humiliation we suffered at Hillsborough last season.

Of course Carlos was another who just didn't get the importance of the derby.

18 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

There’s been a foreign ethos to our play for about 5 years now.

15 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I don't get the obviousity ...cos the chairman said different, Bannan Joao sign new contracts, Penney having 'talks'.

It may turn out to be transitional but that's just snowflake talk for a shyte season and was not the intention.

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m sure that will be DC’s plan as well However, if that is the case, then Jos really needs to get his arse into gear, as we need to be there or thereabouts come January. It doesn’t look as if DC and Jos are currently singing from the same hymn sheet, with the coach seemingly using these games to try different systems, and blood all the youngsters. From what I’ve seen of the youngsters, including the two keepers, some have promise, but none are yet ready to sustain a promotion challenge. Anyone can throw the kids in, and claim to be progressing the youth, but if they’re not ready, and it doesn’t fit with the chairmans targets, then they won’t be in a job for long.

Jos' ethos of ball-playing in defence could scarcely be less suited to this club, at this level, in this country.

Were he coaching in Italy, then fine, but not here.

Even if we could produce a young Baresi we'd never keep him.

We need someone who'll get the basics right and keep it simple.

Block up the goal, block up defence, and block up midfield.

Tghen let the quality we do have, the forwards, win us the matches.