Jos gone?

Agreed 100%.

That is why I have been arguing for a type of pragmatic manager for the ffp situation that we find ourselves in.

I prefer to advocate Bruce, Megson, McCarthy or Moyes not a specific candidate because we all have our likes/dislikes.

For me it is all about getting the team organised. motivated and playing with high level commitment.

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But for all the criticism that Carlos got, he at least understood the limitations of our players, and didn't ask them to do what they weren't capable of.

I think it only really applies to a couple of our defenders, he still liked us to play out from the back albeit with Bannan practically collecting it off them at times.

Jos has rightfully thought our best approach is to play to our strengths and attack but hasn’t got the balance right with the defence and I agree one or two haven’t been comfortable with their role amongst three centre backs. But we seem to chop and change that so readily it can’t help.

18 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I think old Six Fingers would sort this out.

The first thing he'd do is tighten the defence and make us difficult to beat.

Slowing the game down, taking an eternity for throw-ins, spoiling tactics.

Basically, what he's been doing to us for years.

But he'd have an added ingredient here which he didn't have down in Epswech, namely firepower.

Even in the first derby against the Blades, bob as we were, we still scored 2 goals.

Jos is trying to bring a foreign ethos to our play, and that's causing us problems.

Firepower.....

Winall  - injured

FF - injured

Hooper - injured

Matias - injured

Joao - fit and unpredicatable, half the fans on here cant stand him

Nuhiu - majority of fans on here dont like him being on the pitch period

Fletch - injury prone, not always available

Rhodes - not here and we dont want him anyway

Lets look at the rest

Westwood - fans want him playing, wont play 

Dawson and wildsmith - playing and learning but fans dont like them as they arent the above

Palmer - gets slated for not being good enough

Fox - see above, never been a footballer, should be in div 2 etc, fans hate him

Baker - sub for palmer, too young and not good enough according to fans

Pudil - CB stand in as rest cant be trusted, cant play LB as legs arent there

Penney - plays LM or even up front for some reason

Lees - lost his way, fans think he is a liability

Hector - seems to play ok then gets hammered for a few mistakes

Van Aken - fans think he is crap

Thorniley - looking good then got jnjured

Jones - fans hated him when he played. Boring, sideways blah blah, never good enough, now they want him back

Hutch - volatile, injury prone, liabiiltiy

Bannan - carries entire team every game then gets slated for a couple of quiet games.

Reach - one game he is Ronaldo, next game he is lazy crap etc etc, over priced blah blah

Boyd - plays in treacle, why is he here, never been a player apparently, now we want him back.....

Joey - crap cheap, sideways, creates nothing, what does he offer apparently....

No wonder Jos has hard time picking a side that suits

Winnall is not far away and will score goals.

FF often doesn't get picked when he's fit under Jostle. Criminal.

Nuhiu creates space for others.

Joao I personally rate; capable of getting goals out of nothing.

Rhodes has never really been in the picture anyway, sadly.

Matias has looked good, and can't be out for ever.

Fletcher, has injury problems but still class at this level.

Hooper, an horrendous loss and irreplaceable.

I like your analysis, but it isn't just about the players, rather the approach of the manager.

McCarthy is cynical.

Jesu, how many times has he done it to us?

How many times have we gone into games against his teams with a very good chance of winning, only to walk off the park with nowt.

Slowing the game down, taking ages for throw-ins, disrupting play, frustrating fans and players alike ...

He'd not let Wilder have his own way at the Lane for example, no way.

Under Jos we're just going to play around at the back, get pressurized, and say to Little Willy "here's the ball, mate, put it in the net".

And if we get a walloping there then Jos is done anyway.

11 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Winnall is not far away and will score goals.

FF often doesn't get picked when he's fit under Jostle. Criminal.

Nuhiu creates space for others.

Joao I personally rate; capable of getting goals out of nothing.

Rhodes has never really been in the picture anyway, sadly.

Matias has looked good, and can't be out for ever.

Fletcher, has injury problems but still class at this level.

Hooper, an horrendous loss and irreplaceable.

I like your analysis, but it isn't just about the players, rather the approach of the manager.

McCarthy is cynical.

Jesu, how many times has he done it to us?

How many times have we gone into games against his teams with a very good chance of winning, only to walk off the park with nowt.

Slowing the game down, taking ages for throw-ins, disrupting play, frustrating fans and players alike ...

He'd not let Wilder have his own way at the Lane for example, no way.

Under Jos we're just going to play around at the back, get pressurized, and say to Little Willy "here's the ball, mate, put it in the net".

And if we get a walloping there then Jos is done anyway.

So for clarity, thats not my personal view on the players. I was trying to portray the general view on this forum. Point being that whatever team Jos picks it will be wrong. Hence he cant win.

I also missed Lee and Abdi.

Injured and rubbish and injured respectively.

46 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Agreed 100%.

That is why I have been arguing for a type of pragmatic manager for the ffp situation that we find ourselves in.

I prefer to advocate Megson, not a specific candidate because we all have our likes/dislikes.

For me it is all about getting the team organised. motivated and playing with high level commitment.

I agree. This situation we find ourselves in is perfectly suited to the name above to come in and sort out very quickly. 

8 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

I agree. This situation we find ourselves in is perfectly suited to the name above to come in and sort out very quickly. 

We want a manager who's "naughty".

Megson is.

Somebody who'll ginger things up, so to speak.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Firepower.....

Winall  - injured

FF - injured

Hooper - injured

Matias - injured

Joao - fit and unpredicatable, half the fans on here cant stand him

Nuhiu - majority of fans on here dont like him being on the pitch period

Fletch - injury prone, not always available

Rhodes - not here and we dont want him anyway

Lets look at the rest

Westwood - fans want him playing, wont play 

Dawson and wildsmith - playing and learning but fans dont like them as they arent the above

Palmer - gets slated for not being good enough

Fox - see above, never been a footballer, should be in div 2 etc, fans hate him

Baker - sub for palmer, too young and not good enough according to fans

Pudil - CB stand in as rest cant be trusted, cant play LB as legs arent there

Penney - plays LM or even up front for some reason

Lees - lost his way, fans think he is a liability

Hector - seems to play ok then gets hammered for a few mistakes

Van Aken - fans think he is crap

Thorniley - looking good then got jnjured

Jones - fans hated him when he played. Boring, sideways blah blah, never good enough, now they want him back

Hutch - volatile, injury prone, liabiiltiy

Bannan - carries entire team every game then gets slated for a couple of quiet games.

Reach - one game he is Ronaldo, next game he is lazy crap etc etc, over priced blah blah

Boyd - plays in treacle, why is he here, never been a player apparently, now we want him back.....

Joey - crap cheap, sideways, creates nothing, what does he offer apparently....

No wonder Jos has hard time picking a side that suits

Thank you for this post!

Fans morning how he won’t keep a constant side, then moan when certain players aren’t dropped. Talk about contradicting yourself.

Picking this side must be one of the hardest jobs in the league as they are the most inconsistent group of players 

3 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Needs to be a yes man under DC. Megson and the Dingle are not yes men.

Yes, I think you might be right there.

We need someone with personality, a man manager, a bloke who can tell you off, then go out for a drink with you afterwards.

Colin's got personality too.

We might not like it, but at least he's got one to dislike.

Ditto old Six Fingers, Mr Bojangles, Megson, Sizeable Sam, etc.

All these classic British managers have.

Let's face it, Jos ain't the kind of bloke you'd invite round if your wife had left you.

16 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Needs to be a yes man under DC. Megson and the Dingle are not yes men.

I know DC and Our Ginger Lord could work together. 

DC would soon get used to saying “Yes Gary, I agree and will provide what you need.”

garymegson and :Chansiri:

Edited by Simaniac Owl

5 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

I know DC and Our Ginger Lord could work together. 

DC would soon get used to saying “Yes Gary, I agree and will provide what you need.”

garymegson and :Chansiri:

Or Megson would give him a slap and tell him to walk back to Thailand with glass in his pockets. :tango:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, I think you might be right there.

We need someone with personality, a man manager, a bloke who can tell you off, then go out for a drink with you afterwards.

Colin's got personality too.

We might not like it, but at least he's got one to dislike.

Ditto old Six Fingers, Mr Bojangles, Megson, Sizeable Sam, etc.

All these classic British managers have.

Let's face it, Jos ain't the kind of bloke you'd invite round if your wife had left you.

Agreed. Fear of a massive b*ll*cking for lack of effort is a great motivator, as is praise from someone you respect. Basically we need my old PE teacher.

16 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

It's fairly obvious this is a transitional season, were youngsters are being given the chance to prove they are good enough, and we wait for the big earners and low producers to run their contracts down. Until then we muddle through and where we currently are in the table is where we should be with this squad, Jos is doing about as well as you'd expect.

Where we are in the table is false the way we are muddling through.

Relegation is more than a possibility the way we are falling apart now.

but l too am one of the simpletons ho wise one.

34 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Thank you for this post!

Fans morning how he won’t keep a constant side, then moan when certain players aren’t dropped. Talk about contradicting yourself.

Picking this side must be one of the hardest jobs in the league as they are the most inconsistent group of players 

Why am i contradicting myself? Does anyone on here have an iq in 3 figures?

Thats right. Thats exactly what the fans do. They moan either way.

FFS

On 28/10/2018 at 19:36, Beholder said:

Didn't he leave his last job? 

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me. Hes taken a poisoned chalise here if ever there was one. 

I wouldn't blame him for going if he did decide that enough was enough. He was not given the whole truth about our situation when he was given the job and the mouthy muppet section of the fanbase have made it quite clear that they don't want him.

Hopefully Jos realises that the much quieter majority would prefer that he stays, rather than us take on the dross that has been mentioned recently by Jim Hensons mob. I am pretty sure that most of the names being mentioned as being "better than what we have", are named purely because they have heard their names on the telly! I mean Steve Bruce! He has wandered from one highly paid job to another, spending more and more money getting one team after another to play such a dour version of football that even Wednesday with our blend of inexperienced players, old players and players who have never quite made the grade have managed to get some decent results against Bruce's very expensive all stars, yet Kermit and co still think Bruce is a good manager worth sacking Jos for and given a go!

Why do these people think that we got Jos in the first place? He can do a lot with very little, as he proved right from the start of his reign against utd at their place and has overachieved with this team pretty much ever since. The only thing that Jos has got our team doing that he really shouldn't be doing is not getting the type of results we got against Birmingham and QPR, when we have played teams like Stoke, West Brom, Leeds, Bristol and Villa. Anybody thinking that we would not struggle for chunks of the season with all the players injured, or otherwise unavailable, really need to re-asses their expectations. Any people that consider themselves Wednesdayites that are wanting to boo a player or group of players on Saturday in the build up to our scary encounter with the pigs, really ought to consider not going, because confidence is ebbing out of the players at the moment and they really need to be able to focus on doing their jobs as well as they can and hopefully with just a little bit more support from the "fans" who at the moment I have never been more ashamed of. The low volume support we hear for the team compared to the full throttle support that most teams get when they come to Hillsborough has been totally embarrassing this season. 

Everybody really needs to get behind Jos and the players this weekend and cheer them through this bad spell, hopefully into a much better one because the players must wonder at times whether there are that many Wednesday fans there, when all you can hear is the opposition singing their players names, thier teams name and their managers name. Who do we sing about these days? Maybe we ought to start singing a few Leonard Cohen songs to try and get a more cheerful atmosphere together because recent games have been like a morgue!

• Like 1

Unless DC changes his way I fear we will not get promoted during his tenure. 

Showing no signs of having learned from past mistakes. Of course he could completely go against the grain and sack Jos and bring in an experienced manager that knows this league and has a promotion on his CV but I can’t see it. 

Bruce

McCarthy

Holloway

Jokanovic (got to be close to the sack)

I rate them all above Jos the Dross. 

Edited by steelcityowlsfan
  • Like 1