Team for Birmingham

Now I assume Pudil won't be fit for the weekend, but if his face is still intact, then he starts ahead of Fox. Surprised to hear Carlos takes credit for discovering how good Pudil is at centre back, especially when he kept picking Loovens ahead of him.

I suspect Fox, like Pudil shouldn't be playing left back in a back four, but I think he can do a job as CB in a back three. He should have got closer to the QPR winger for the second goal, but there was a poo storm going off in midfield and he'll be better with a wing back in front of him dealing with pace down the wings.

Hector seems attracted to pushing towards the ball and making challenges, so I'd push him into midfield alongside Joey doing the same.

There job is to get the ball left to Bannininio or right to Zico Reach. There job is to either score "goal of the season" or setup Fletch. I also want to see them running at the Birmingham defenders. It seems to have been coached out of our players. (There is no way Bannininio can find his was into the back three from the left wing, surely?)

Fletch should run the channels, so please play the ball into space for him, preferably unmarked in the box. He's had a rest and the regain appears to be working.

Please pass this onto Jos if you see him

lol

Oh, btw Jos, if any of the players below have the monk on after QPR, or are feeling sorry for themselves because they are on a fraction of what Almen Abdi earns, drop them into the u23s and give another u23 a first team debut.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5bd23bb2138c092e24ac6080

Come on Wednesday!!!!

20181025 Lineup for Birmingham.png

• Haha 1

I haven't once slagged Dawson off this season but I think it's now the time to give him a rest cos surely his confidence has been shot due to the lack of defending in front of him so I would give Wildsmith the nod:

Wildsmith

Palmer Hector Thorniley Penney

Pelupessy

Onomah Bannan (c) Reach

João Fletcher

Subs: Fox, Lees, Nuhiu, Baker, Dawson, Kirby, Preston

Edited by Loughborough Owl

2 hours ago, Loughborough Owl said:

I haven't once slagged Dawson off this season but I think it's now the time to give him a rest cos surely his confidence has been shot due to the lack of defending in front of him so I would give Wildsmith the nod:

Wildsmith

Pelupessy

Onomah Bannan (c) Reach

João Fletcher

Not a bad side that, but would stick in Pudil for Thornily if he's recovered from the cut 

• Like 1

I think we are waiting for Jos to get his blindfold on and start throwing some darts at the selection board.

He then moves on to the pick and mix for formation 

Before going to the lucky dip box for tactics

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Now I assume Pudil won't be fit for the weekend, but if his face is still intact, then he starts ahead of Fox. Surprised to hear Carlos takes credit for discovering how good Pudil is at centre back, especially when he kept picking Loovens ahead of him.

I suspect Fox, like Pudil shouldn't be playing left back in a back four, but I think he can do a job as CB in a back three. He should have got closer to the QPR winger for the second goal, but there was a poo storm going off in midfield and he'll be better with a wing back in front of him dealing with pace down the wings.

Hector seems attracted to pushing towards the ball and making challenges, so I'd push him into midfield alongside Joey doing the same.

There job is to get the ball left to Bannininio or right to Zico Reach. There job is to either score "goal of the season" or setup Fletch. I also want to see them running at the Birmingham defenders. It seems to have been coached out of our players. (There is no way Bannininio can find his was into the back three from the left wing, surely?)

Fletch should run the channels, so please play the ball into space for him, preferably unmarked in the box. He's had a rest and the regain appears to be working.

Please pass this onto Jos if you see him

lol

Oh, btw Jos, if any of the players below have the monk on after QPR, or are feeling sorry for themselves because they are on a fraction of what Almen Abdi earns, drop them into the u23s and give another u23 a first team debut.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5bd23bb2138c092e24ac6080

Come on Wednesday!!!!

20181025 Lineup for Birmingham.png

Fox in the middle? Are you on crack?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
19 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Dawson 

Lees

Hector

Thorniley 

Palmer

Pelupessy

Bannan

Penney

Onomah

Reach

Fletcher 

Agreed but change the keeper 

Dawson

Baker

Lees

Thornily 

Penney 

Hector 

Joey 

Bannan (free role slightly advanced)

Onomah 

Reach 

Fletcher 

Hector and Joey holding in midfield should screen the defence, allow Baker and Penney to get forward with cover behind providing some width.

Bannan is crucial, cutting the lines and getting him on the ball in their half, 30 yards further up the pitch gives us more creative options.

Onomah and Reach have energy to press high up the pitch and Fletcher the best CF we have available.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

I think we are waiting for Jos to get his blindfold on and start throwing some darts at the selection board.

He then moves on to the pick and mix for formation 

Before going to the lucky dip box for tactics

I'm sure it's not as simple as that. He needs a reaction from the players and that will determine selection.

5 hours ago, Loughborough Owl said:

Wildsmith

Pelupessy

Onomah Bannan (c) Reach

João Fletcher

Agree but if hutch fit need some leadership

Wildsmith

Palmer hutch   Hector Penney

Pelupessy

Onomah Bannan (c) Reach

João Fletch

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Fox in the middle? Are you on crack?

Fox is underated, just because he has his floors at full back doesn't mean he can't play at centre back.

He's there because I want Hector in midfield and Pudil may require facial reconstructive surgery.

You can play Thorniley or Lee's in the middle, but as I see it Fox is the last Man, and if everyone else does the job he has an easy game.

lol

56 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Assuming our injury not fit list includes: Pudil, Matias, Fessi & all other usual suspects I’d go something like this: 

906E87D1-DD61-41AE-930A-70AAFA4B1F9C.jpeg

I think we'd be safer swapping Fox and Thorniley round. Fox doesn't stop crosses getting into the box, but I'm sure he's capable of heading them away or getting stuck in if a ball comes in.

6 hours ago, Loughborough Owl said:

Wildsmith

Pelupessy

Onomah Bannan (c) Reach

João Fletcher

For me Saturday is Joao's last chance before he deserves to go back to impact sub, sick of the lazy fecker, waste of talent that lad, infuriates me