Team for Birmingham

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

we need someone to track Maghoma's runs - whilst he often has no end product our defence has the uncanny knack of creating chances for the opposition in our box.

just seen that he's unlikely to play - we'll win then...

Team For Saturday: 

Dawson

Palmer Lees Thorniley/Pudil if fit Penney

Hector 

Onomah Bannan Reach

João Fletcher

---------------

Alternative would be to play Pelupessy and move Hector into the back. Either way - all them players SHOULD be starting Saturday after Tuesday nights awful events. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Loughborough Owl said:

I haven't once slagged Dawson off this season but I think it's now the time to give him a rest cos surely his confidence has been shot due to the lack of defending in front of him so I would give Wildsmith the nod:

Wildsmith

Palmer Hector Thorniley Penney

Pelupessy

Onomah Bannan (c) Reach

João Fletcher

Subs: Fox, Lees, Nuhiu, Baker, Dawson, Kirby, Preston

i havnt noticed that dawson's confidence is  shot …..his place cant be accountable for the crap goals those in front of him keep presenting to the opposites.....hector screws up for 2 goals and you pick him and yet the bloke who did nothing wrong and hasn't all season you want to leave out ...i don't see the logic in that .  

58 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

For me Saturday is Joao's last chance before he deserves to go back to impact sub, sick of the lazy fecker, waste of talent that lad, infuriates me 

Joao bad

so is Nuhiu

Fletcher not scoring, or thriving

Rhodes had to be off loaded to another team

FF had to be dropped, because of alleged effort issues

Winnall had to be off loaded to another

Not a bad set of strikers at Championship Level.

Any else thinking that digging at individual strikers (switching them round constantly) isn't working and our whole team play needs looking at?

11 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Now I assume Pudil won't be fit for the weekend, but if his face is still intact, then he starts ahead of Fox. Surprised to hear Carlos takes credit for discovering how good Pudil is at centre back, especially when he kept picking Loovens ahead of him.

I suspect Fox, like Pudil shouldn't be playing left back in a back four, but I think he can do a job as CB in a back three. He should have got closer to the QPR winger for the second goal, but there was a poo storm going off in midfield and he'll be better with a wing back in front of him dealing with pace down the wings.

Hector seems attracted to pushing towards the ball and making challenges, so I'd push him into midfield alongside Joey doing the same.

There job is to get the ball left to Bannininio or right to Zico Reach. There job is to either score "goal of the season" or setup Fletch. I also want to see them running at the Birmingham defenders. It seems to have been coached out of our players. (There is no way Bannininio can find his was into the back three from the left wing, surely?)

Fletch should run the channels, so please play the ball into space for him, preferably unmarked in the box. He's had a rest and the regain appears to be working.

Please pass this onto Jos if you see him

lol

Oh, btw Jos, if any of the players below have the monk on after QPR, or are feeling sorry for themselves because they are on a fraction of what Almen Abdi earns, drop them into the u23s and give another u23 a first team debut.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5bd23bb2138c092e24ac6080

Come on Wednesday!!!!

20181025 Lineup for Birmingham.png

You’re surprised to hear Carlos took credit for something? Jeez where you been? 

Same team I’d play, maybe Onomah for Penney. I’d love to see bannan further forward but can’t see Jos going for it 

Edited by FreshOwl

7 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Joao bad

so is Nuhiu

Fletcher not scoring, or thriving

Rhodes had to be off loaded to another team

FF had to be dropped, because of alleged effort issues

Winnall had to be off loaded to another

Not a bad set of strikers at Championship Level.

Any else thinking that digging at individual strikers (switching them round constantly) isn't working and our whole team play needs looking at?

On his day Joao is brilliant, the bristol city game summed him up for me, had a shocker, little effort, held nothing up & to me just looked like he didn't want to be there, missed a sitter in 1st half too.. I'll be honest & sure I'm not the only one shouting for us to take him off.... then out of nowhere he produces 2 finishes like that, absolute quality! But then the 2 games since then, rubbish, looks disinterested AGAIN, but you know at any point he can win you a game... arrgh he's so frustrating!!!!!

We need Winnall back, I was gutted when he got injured again, that is a new signing for us pretty much!! Fessi & Matias be handy to have too, having an out of form Joao, Nuhiu & Fletcher as our striking options isn't going to win us many games I'm afraid.

I'm sorry but I see another 2 or 3 -0 defeat tomorrow, I know that's negative but if you read my previous posts I normally am positive tbf, I'm just not confident our side (who relies on Bannan/Reach so much) is good enough, add in the low confidence too & I'd be delighted with a point tomorrow 

• Like 1

I would actually do this if it was me (this won't be the team I know)

Wildmsith

Palmer Lees Hector Thorniley Penney

----Onomah--Pelupessy--Bannan----

-----------------Reach---------------------

----------------Fletcher------------------

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

I would actually do this if it was me (this won't be the team I know)

Wildmsith

Palmer Lees Hector Thorniley Penney

----Onomah--Pelupessy--Bannan----

-----------------Reach---------------------

----------------Fletcher------------------

Dawson for Wildsmith and thats my team 

43 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You’re surprised to hear Carlos took credit for something? Jeez where you been? 

Same team I’d play, maybe Onomah for Penney. I’d love to see bannan further forward but can’t see Jos going for it 

Jos should be able to see it. We need our best players in the last third, Bannan is one of the few players who can run with the ball, his crossing is excellent, other delivery is excellent also and he's got a decent shot on him too.

On the other side of the coin we are to soft in midfield. 

Just now, Ozymandias Owl said:

Jos should be able to see it. We need our best players in the last third, Bannan is one of the few players who can run with the ball, his crossing is excellent, other delivery is excellent also and he's got a decent shot on him too.

On the other side of the coin we are to soft in midfield. 

I agree and think he could be something in that no10 role. Imagine if you were joao/FF and you had bannan just behind you threading you through etc 

But if that’s the case, we need a ball/box to box player whose gonna take the ball from defence. Joey isn’t that player, maybe Onomah? 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

i havnt noticed that dawson's confidence is  shot …..his place cant be accountable for the crap goals those in front of him keep presenting to the opposites.....hector screws up for 2 goals and you pick him and yet the bloke who did nothing wrong and hasn't all season you want to leave out ...i don't see the logic in that .  

That's why I want Hector in midfield, if he's going to challenge for the ball, and someone has too, we have to have someone covering for him.

Let's put him in midfield. Were not going to control possession at Birmingham so we need players to break up their possession.

I agree that Dawson shouldn't be taking all of this stick for the shambles in front of him.

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I agree and think he could be something in that no10 role. Imagine if you were joao/FF and you had bannan just behind you threading you through etc 

But if that’s the case, we need a ball/box to box player whose gonna take the ball from defence. Joey isn’t that player, maybe Onomah? 

onomah may be a box to box player but how long it takes him to get from one to other could be a problem 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

onomah may be a box to box player but how long it takes him to get from one to other could be a problem 

He shows he's got class, but I'm not seeing the effort levels required for him to warrant another start in centre mid, or anywhere else for that matter at the moment. If he ups his game then great, but Tuesday night wasn't acceptable.

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

That's why I want Hector in midfield, if he's going to challenge for the ball, and someone has too, we have to have someone covering for him.

Let's put him in midfield. Were not going to control possession at Birmingham so we need players to break up their possession.

I agree that Dawson shouldn't be taking all of this stick for the shambles in front of him.

i think hector is a decent player and could play the role that hutch did under carlos ……..whatever jos comes up with he needs to do soon coz the goals we shipping are down mostly to individual mistakes rather than tactics and how he rectifies that is a problem for him .

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I'm not seeing the combative side we need in centre mid from Onomah, but I am seeing that in Hector. If I'm right he'll have a great season and then we'll not be able to afford him!