Team for Birmingham

49 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

On his day Joao is brilliant, the bristol city game summed him up for me, had a shocker, little effort, held nothing up & to me just looked like he didn't want to be there, missed a sitter in 1st half too.. I'll be honest & sure I'm not the only one shouting for us to take him off.... then out of nowhere he produces 2 finishes like that, absolute quality! But then the 2 games since then, rubbish, looks disinterested AGAIN, but you know at any point he can win you a game... arrgh he's so frustrating!!!!!

We need Winnall back, I was gutted when he got injured again, that is a new signing for us pretty much!! Fessi & Matias be handy to have too, having an out of form Joao, Nuhiu & Fletcher as our striking options isn't going to win us many games I'm afraid.

I'm sorry but I see another 2 or 3 -0 defeat tomorrow, I know that's negative but if you read my previous posts I normally am positive tbf, I'm just not confident our side (who relies on Bannan/Reach so much) is good enough, add in the low confidence too & I'd be delighted with a point tomorrow 

The question is are all 3 out of form?, was FF not putting enough effort in? Did Rhodes need to be off loaded to Norwich?

The questions: might be,

Does Jos have any clue how to get the team to attack as a Unit?

Does Jos have any planned repeatable method for us to score?

Does Jos have any plan for getting overload in the final third?

Does Jos have any plan for getting our wide player, or strikers behind their defensive line?

My opinion is that he doesn't, or doesn't have enough to to secure us an unlikely Top 6 finish.

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

i think hector is a decent player and could play the role that hutch did under carlos ……..whatever jos comes up with he needs to do soon coz the goals we shipping are down mostly to individual mistakes rather than tactics and how he rectifies that is a problem for him .

True, but people are going to make mistakes, it's how you plan to deal with those mistakes that we have a problem with.

14 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I agree and think he could be something in that no10 role. Imagine if you were joao/FF and you had bannan just behind you threading you through etc 

But if that’s the case, we need a ball/box to box player whose gonna take the ball from defence. Joey isn’t that player, maybe Onomah? 

I agree with your comments about Bannan. We're wasting his ability.

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

He shows he's got class, but I'm not seeing the effort levels required for him to warrant another start in centre mid, or anywhere else for that matter at the moment. If he ups his game then great, but Tuesday night wasn't acceptable.

sort of player who strolls thru games  which is probably how he's always played , if the club have done there homework on him they'd have known that when they signed him so you'd hope they have  a plan on how he fits into the team …..he's certainly got some skill but whether that's enough to be an asset for us is open to debate coz so far he just looks like a shirt filler signing to me .

23 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

The question is are all 3 out of form?, was FF not putting enough effort in? Did Rhodes need to be off loaded to Norwich?

The questions: might be,

Does Jos have any clue how to get the team to attack as a Unit?

Does Jos have any planned repeatable method for us to score?

Does Jos have any plan for getting overload in the final third?

Does Jos have any plan for getting our wide player, or strikers behind their defensive line?

My opinion is that he doesn't, or doesn't have enough to to secure us an unlikely Top 6 finish.

I think you can forget top 6 for at least this & next season, transitional periods take time, I care more about bringing through the youngsters & getting rid of the dead wood (pretty much all of the out of contract except Preston, Penney & Pudil I'd release)

Id go for this

dawson

palmer        lees         hector       fox

pelupessy    onomah

reach               bannan             penney

fletcher

keeps midfield a little more crowded as teams seem to have just been walking through it recently, joao and nuhiu work better of the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

He shows he's got class, but I'm not seeing the effort levels required for him to warrant another start in centre mid, or anywhere else for that matter at the moment. If he ups his game then great, but Tuesday night wasn't acceptable.

Best he’s looked was a few games ago after having a spat with opposition player. Came alive and tried - similar to Jaoa looks disinterested far too often. 

There was a bloke on football heaven last night saying because of Westwoods past injury record he is unable to train more than 2 or 3 days a week, Carlos allowed this and got the best out of him, I think this was also stated with Hutchinson as well surely this is not the reason why two very good solid championship performers are not playing for us, considering all the crocks we have that don't even train once a week.

But for those in the know is there any truth to this??????

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

There was a bloke on football heaven last night saying because of Westwoods past injury record he is unable to train more than 2 or 3 days a week, Carlos allowed this and got the best out of him, I think this was also stated with Hutchinson as well surely this is not the reason why two very good solid championship performers are not playing for us, considering all the crocks we have that don't even train once a week.

Well one thing I do know is that  regime worked for Ledley King .....

He was a world class footballer however ......

In my job if I said to my boss I'm only working for 2 days a week then the odd extra day if I feel upto it ...

My boss would say that's fine but I'm only paying you for 2 days work and the odd extra when you fancy it ..

Does that answer your question 0035?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Well one thing I do know is that  regime worked for Ledley King .....

He was a world class footballer however ......

In my job if I said to my boss I'm only working for 2 days a week then the odd extra day if I feel upto it ...

My boss would say that's fine but I'm only paying you for 2 days work and the odd extra when you fancy it ..

Does that answer your question 0035?

I understand what you are saying

You look at Hutch though a combative player with great talent with the knee issues he would have been playing in Chelsea's first team and was tipped as the next John Terry by the then management, we brought him in managed his injury and got 20-30 games a season out of him. Now though we are told he is fit he never even makes the bench. He is still the best central midfield ball winner we have and to an extent probably a better option at central defense that half the lads playing yet he never gets a game.

Why would you not play a player that shows such, passion and pride every time he plays for the team. For me if fit he should be the third name on the team sheet after Bannan and Reach, yet Jos picks other that don't have half the pride or passion or ability in the team ahead of him.

My team for guaranteed win and clean sheet

Westwood

Palmer      Hector        Lees      Penney

Hutchinson

Bannan/       Onomah        Reach

Fletcher/ Joao

Though it will never happen as when you are under the cosh you look to your senior pro's for some reason only he know why Jos doesn't.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I understand what you are saying

You look at Hutch though a combative player with great talent with the knee issues he would have been playing in Chelsea's first team and was tipped as the next John Terry by the then management, we brought him in managed his injury and got 20-30 games a season out of him. Now though we are told he is fit he never even makes the bench. He is still the best central midfield ball winner we have and to an extent probably a better option at central defense that half the lads playing yet he never gets a game.

Why would you not play a player that shows such, passion and pride every time he plays for the team. For me if fit he should be the third name on the team sheet after Bannan and Reach, yet Jos picks other that don't have half the pride or passion or ability in the team ahead of him.

You sell a good product 0035..

However I can't stop reading your post in the voice of David Cameron...

It's all presupposition ....

It's never happened he didn't play for Chelsea.

Westwood is not up for discussion I'm afraid 

We move on now with the squad available...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Depends what spin you put on it.

The version I heard was that ,under Carlos, Westwood turned up for training at a time that suited him and sometimes didn’t turn up at all. Carlos let him get away with it but Jos won’t. 

However surely the answer should be if the manager wants him there then he should be there. If he doesn’t then it’s a discipline issue and we take money off him.

Hutch was quoted as saying that Carlos was the first manager that made him train the same as everybody else.

However under Carlos that might of course not be much training.

You have to have discipline. But having an outcome where players end up getting  paid for doing nowt is not the right outcome from a club perspective.

Like Berainiho . He was a bad boy for about 3 years at more than one club and didn’t get played but presumably got paid 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Joao bad

so is Nuhiu

Fletcher not scoring, or thriving

Rhodes had to be off loaded to another team

FF had to be dropped, because of alleged effort issues

Winnall had to be off loaded to another

Not a bad set of strikers at Championship Level.

Any else thinking that digging at individual strikers (switching them round constantly) isn't working and our whole team play needs looking at?

He's not the tinker man, Jos is wholesale man lol

Seriously though if you want to rotate and rest, surely it would be better to drop a couple of different players every game that way your not undermining cohesion and understanding between players.. I've said it a few times we looked more solid and a far better unit as a team when everyone was injured and jos had to work with the bare bones left standing. 

7 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Fox is underated, just because he has his floors at full back doesn't mean he can't play at centre back.

lol

If we didn't pick players who had floors we would not be able to put a team out at all this season.

Fox is not dynamic but steady enough and a steady and stable defence is what we need just now, just do the basics and don't P@#@ about do the ball.

------------Dawson----------

Baker---Lees--Thorniley--Penney

------Hector---Pelupessy-----

------------Bannan------------

Joao----------------------Reach

-------------Fletcher-----------

They need to be solid and compact, and stop getting so easily exposed on the counter.

Playing a strong defensive double pivot, allows us to push the full backs on without leaving us so exposed.