Team for Birmingham

Dawson

palmer lees pudil thornley

Hector Joey 

Preston bannan Reach 

Fletcher

Need to protect the defence as best we can as they are clearly not at the races at the moment. Would play Preston to give us much needed energy in attack, his final maybe lacking but pace worries defenders. Joao and Penney brought on when 2-0 up to finish brum off.

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

If we didn't pick players who had floors we would not be able to put a team out at all this season.

Fox is not dynamic but steady enough and a steady and stable defence is what we need just now, just do the basics and don't P@#@ about do the ball.

Nonsense fox is shocking

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

sort of player who strolls thru games  which is probably how he's always played , if the club have done there homework on him they'd have known that when they signed him so you'd hope they have  a plan on how he fits into the team …..he's certainly got some skill but whether that's enough to be an asset for us is open to debate coz so far he just looks like a shirt filler signing to me .

I'm fairness were getting to the point where we are struggling to fill shirts already.

9 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

I think you can forget top 6 for at least this & next season, transitional periods take time, I care more about bringing through the youngsters & getting rid of the dead wood (pretty much all of the out of contract except Preston, Penney & Pudil I'd release)

That's my conclusion, but it's also no excuse for not trying to get results. Let's be fair when we had our first transition period under Big Ron he took us down before we were playing football as he wanted. Jos does not seem to be heading that way and he's had good results this season.

9 hours ago, room0035 said:

There was a bloke on football heaven last night saying because of Westwoods past injury record he is unable to train more than 2 or 3 days a week, Carlos allowed this and got the best out of him, I think this was also stated with Hutchinson as well surely this is not the reason why two very good solid championship performers are not playing for us, considering all the crocks we have that don't even train once a week.

But for those in the know is there any truth to this??????

If you listen to Jos' interview on Facebook you'll here all Jos is interested in is what the Physics say about the players fitness levels. He's alluding to the fact that he's having to rest players because of what the physios say about the players. Seems like a reasonable way to run the team?

We all know if Hutch comes back in tomorrow hell last ninety minutes if he's lucky.

6 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

He's not the tinker man, Jos is wholesale man lol

Seriously though if you want to rotate and rest, surely it would be better to drop a couple of different players every game that way your not undermining cohesion and understanding between players.. I've said it a few times we looked more solid and a far better unit as a team when everyone was injured and jos had to work with the bare bones left standing. 

We also new we HAD to get results at the end of last season.

Let's not forget three games ago we'd all say Jos was doing well. We're all annoyed with the defending and effort levels on Tuesday night. I don't blame Jos, I blame the players.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Some interesting formations and teams in this thread. Basically, we haven’t a scooby what our best 11 and system is! 

Not surprisingly that's why Jos gets so much criticism as you've got 30k+ owls fans who can't agree on the best first eleven.

2 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Jos seems to drop players who fail to perform.......hence a lot of changes...........but on the face of it goalkeepers are exempt

I agree, but the other two Goalkeepers we have would have struggled this season with clean sheets. The problems start much further up the field with our defence.

Whatever team we do play tommorrow its time for jos to decide on what he considers his best team and formation and stick to it for a few games. QPR have just played same team for three games in a week and got three clean sheets. Time for some consistency.

This would be my guess.

Dawson

Lees   Hector   Pudil

Palmer                                   Penney

Pessy

Reach               Bazza

Nuhiu    Fletcher

10 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

He's not great at full back, but if he's playing at CB he's facing the ball. He gets turned to easily at full back and doesn't get tight enough, because he knows he doesn't have the pace.

I get what you're saying but you just can't polish a turd

Dawson

Palmer

Lees 

Hector

Thorniley

Onomah

Joey

Bannan

Reach

Fletch

Joao

Bench:

Wildsmith

Baker

Fox

Penney

Kirby

Preston

Dave

If we play 4 at the back, I expect that back 4. If we go with 3 centre halves, I expect Penney will come in for either Joey or Onomah.

Guest domSWFC

------------ Wildsmith - Westwood -----------

----- Lees - Thorniley - Hector - Pudil -----

Palmer --- Hutchinson - Jones --- Penney 

---------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------- Nuhiu ----------------------------

Go all out defence and get that first clean sheet.