Lees why...

What the f'k am I reading, Lees picks the ball up, his instruction is to play football, keep the ball, play out.

Watch the game again, he looks for options and nothing ahead of him, tries to play it back to Cam but gets a pull from Assombalonga.

One mistake, Lees was quality up to that error, ridiculous comments.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Again, I don't understand the hate here.

I feel he's looked OK, a little uneasy with what seems like adjusting to the tactics but solid enough. Mistake tonight but that's football, it happens sometimes.

I do feel we need to watch this passing at the back. It's improved a bit but still suspect at times.

Anyone seasoned on FM care to explain what Jos is attempting at the back? I'm no tactical genius, only go for the pies and WIFI.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, debram said:

Coached by cc

you need to let it go

CC didn't coach Lees to do that

Jos is asking the defence to play a way that we aren't good at (hence no clean sheets)

Dawson is a decent shot stopper but flaps, his decision making as to when to come for a ball is shocking, his distribution is woeful at times

no wonder the defence in front of him make mistakes

sod all to do with CC

We cant play the ball out with the players we have..we were led to believe Jos builds a solid foundation at the back

yeah right

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, baz9209 said:

Been suspect since Loovens stopped playing along side him

I'd disagree

absolute howler tonight

but the defensive tactics aren't working, it isn't individuals its the system

3 minutes ago, Dot said:

you need to let it go

CC didn't coach Lees to do that

Jos is asking the defence to play a way that we aren't good at (hence no clean sheets)

Dawson is a decent shot stopper but flaps, his decision making as to when to come for a ball is shocking, his distribution is woeful at times

no wonder the defence in front of him make mistakes

sod all to do with CC

We cant play the ball out with the players we have..we were led to believe Jos builds a solid foundation at the back

yeah right

Frustration, sorry, lees has been a stalwart for us and I am an admirer, he didnt do it on purpose, ime just gutted for him and us.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Everyone can make a mistake, he’s not the first and won’t be the last. Don’t think anyone can be singled out tonight, poor performance all round bar the last 10 minutes 

I think Tom Lee's can tonight 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
17 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Iv questioned him for some time. 

I remember on here when everyone was saying he's better than Harry Maguire, worth £10m+ etc and I got slaughtered for saying we'd be lucky to get £3m for him. 

Going on what iv seen of him over over the last 18 months I think we'd be lucky to get a fee for him. He's certainly not captain material. 

That is well harsh!  Yes, fans have gone way overboard about Lees over the last few years but you are talking rubbish son. He’s had a mare for that second goal but Lees is still a solid defender at this level. The problem is that he struggles with the ball at his feet, which to be fair is the same for many centre backs!

To say we wouldn’t get a fee for him is ridiculous!!

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

What the f'k am I reading, Lees picks the ball up, his instruction is to play football, keep the ball, play out.

Watch the game again, he looks for options and nothing ahead of him, tries to play it back to Cam but gets a pull from Assombalonga.

When he gets the ball he has about 30 yards of the pitch to himself. There are any number of options open to him as clearly shown by Sky's Andy Hinchcliffe. Maybe the possibilities were limited by his colleagues but how you can make excuses for that is absolutely staggering. He had ages to think about it and ended up looking like he was petrified. Having dithered for so long he then panics and attempts to pass to his goalkeeper who is about 40 yards away and barely manages to get it a quarter of that distance. In the heat of the moment, all sorts of mistakes can be expected. But this was nothing of that nature. It was incompetent, indecisive, stupid and woeful.

18 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

He's already got a very , very simple wide ball to Palmer on as soon as he receives  it. 

Even when he turns he's got a pass on to Penney if he doesn't dawdle. 

Even when he starts getting closed down he can swing his left foot and put it 40 yards down the pitch.

It's a tight turn and completely suicide blind pass.

Agree he'd marshalled Assomalongo ok until that point. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but he has been terrible this season.  The fact he isn't comfortable on the ball is no excuse.  He's a professional footballer, playing in arguably the fifth hardest league in Europe.  He should be able to get his head up and either pick out a pass or go long.  They may be coaching them to play out of defence, but they'll also be told if there is no option to clear their lines.  If he can't play out from the back then drop him or sell him and get someone in who can.  Hutch, as injury prone as he may be would suit the role ten times better.  Getting a bit sick of Tom Lees now to be honest.  With his experience and the fact he is captain he should be leading.  He isn't.  Time for a change.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

When he gets the ball he has about 30 yards of the pitch to himself. There are any number of options open to him as clearly shown by Sky's Andy Hinchcliffe. Maybe the possibilities were limited by his colleagues but how you can make excuses for that is absolutely staggering. He had ages to think about it and ended up looking like he was petrified. Having dithered for so long he then panics and attempts to pass to his goalkeeper who is about 40 yards away and barely manages to get it a quarter of that distance. In the heat of the moment, all sorts of mistakes can be expected. But this was nothing of that nature. It was incompetent, indecisive, stupid and woeful.

Lees made one mistake, he under hit a back pass, if he gets enough on it then we wouldn't even be discussing it.

How many other players under hit passes or completely f'ked up a 5 yarder tonight, too many to mention.

What we didn't do tonight was match Boro's desire, we jumped out of about 10 x 50/50s.