Passing out from the back

The one tonight on about 75 mins which went to Bannan who lost it about 30yds out. Ball then whipped in, Palmer ball watching his man ghosting past him and somehow they missed.Crazy!

It’s the trendy thing to do isn’t it. Coaching courses these days must have a whole section dedicated to it. Got away with it massively tonight.

2 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

The main problem is the fans that are ‘scared’ we’re going to lose it and start screaming. 

Puts pressure on the team. Happened tonight and the performance level then dropped.

So it’s the fans fault?

Not the fact Leeds were excellent at pressing in numbers. Didn’t let players settle on the ball. Not to mention options weren’t there and our off the ball movement was lacking. Often players had their back to goal and were dispossessed as they had nowhere to go.

I don’t put that down to the fans who spent time and money and made the effort to support the team.

5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

So it’s the fans fault?

Not the fact Leeds were excellent at pressing in numbers. Didn’t let players settle on the ball. Not to mention options weren’t there and our off the ball movement was lacking. Often players had their back to goal and were dispossessed as they had nowhere to go.

I don’t put that down to the fans who spent time and money and made the effort to support the team.

Partly the fans fault. Well the ones that scream like little girls.

And partly the players fault for not managing the game well enough. 

16 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

The main problem is the fans that are ‘scared’ we’re going to lose it and start screaming. 

Puts pressure on the team. Happened tonight and the performance level then dropped.

You think that's the main problem???

The main problem was that Jos didn't learn from our 500 attempts at playing out from the back against a team that pressed high against us and stopped any ball getting to Bannan, thus rendering our midfield useless.

The fact that Jos stood there and did nothing about it, never telling Dawson to mix it up which resulted in L##ds plan A working all match and our plan A about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Just bloody stop it. Every single time we do it in a match I fear we’re gonna lose it, every time 

I don't agree. We just need to get better at it; but I can understand where you're coming from.

What absolutely does my nut in though is the impatience of our fans- this is the way this coach is asking the players to play and so far he's getting decent results.

The ironic cheers when Dawson decided to go long were embarrassing. Our fans are just the worst. Ww create a terrible atmosphere at times for our players to play in.

24 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

So it’s the fans fault?

Doesn't help.though, does it?

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I don't agree. We just need to get better at it; but I can understand where you're coming from.

What absolutely does my nut in though is the impatience of our fans- this is the way this coach is asking the players to play and so far he's getting decent results.

The ironic cheers when Dawson decided to go long were embarrassing. Our fans are just the worst. Ww create a terrible atmosphere at times for our players to play in.

You’d get it at any stadium

fair enough if it’s a learning curve but you don’t need to do it absolutely every time, and especially not a side of Leeds quality. Are these players ever gonna be amazing at playing from the back? No definitely not, just feel you should play to your strengths 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

You’d get it at any stadium

fair enough if it’s a learning curve but you don’t need to do it absolutely every time, and especially not a side of Leeds quality. Are these players ever gonna be amazing at playing from the back? No definitely not, just feel you should play to your strengths 

I think Hector and Thorniley are capable - Lees not so much so. It looks bad when it doesn't work out, but I'm happy to go with it while the results are ok