Passing out from the back

I'm an expert in muscle strength.

The so called fitness gurus at the club should be feeding his kicking leg protein shakes and grilled chicken 18 times a day.

He really should be threatening their goal with every kick IMHO .

After his first hattrick he should be confident enough to introduce swerve and dip as well as power.

• Haha 4

We scored a worldy.

They scored a worldy.

They bullied us and

did a number on us .

We let them do a number on us ..

Penny got booked for a tackle Hutton got the Nobel Prize for tackling last Saturday ..

1-1 take it .bank it 

Small mercies etc etc etc ..

UTO Mrs Hall & Andy ....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

This my point in the Dawson thread and it's why he is in goal.

The keeper has to be able to kick perfectly with both feet as he aint got time to switch it to his best foot and Dawson can kick it very well with both feet.

He may be able to clear with both feet but I don't think his kicking is very accurate and is certainly not very long.

I don't mind the tactic of trying to play out from the back but tonight clearly wasn't the night for it yet we kept trying to persist with it. What is the point in Lees continually trying to show for a short pass when he is the poorest passer in the team and the opposition have been pressing high all game. Invariably it resulted in him giving the ball away or giving it back to Dawson to kick long under pressure when he could have kicked in long under less pressure in the first place. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

He may be able to clear with both feet but I don't think his kicking is very accurate and is certainly not very long.

I don't mind the tactic of trying to play out from the back but tonight clearly wasn't the night for it yet we kept trying to persist with it. What is the point in Lees continually trying to show for a short pass when he is the poorest passer in the team and the opposition have been pressing high all game. Invariably it resulted in him giving the ball away or giving it back to Dawson to kick long under pressure when he could have kicked in long under less pressure in the first place. 

Good sensible summary that mate

agree with that 

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There was no point in persisting with this tactic, but by god Jos did and by doing so played right into L##ds hands.

Edited by full fathom five

34 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I don't agree. We just need to get better at it; but I can understand where you're coming from.

What absolutely does my nut in though is the impatience of our fans- this is the way this coach is asking the players to play and so far he's getting decent results.

The ironic cheers when Dawson decided to go long were embarrassing. Our fans are just the worst. Ww create a terrible atmosphere at times for our players to play in.

And what happened when Dawson kicked it long? Leeds won the header and attacked us! Boot8ng it long is loads better though!

Just now, uffs said:

And what happened when Dawson kicked it long? Leeds won the header and attacked us! Boot8ng it long is loads better though!

that's it isn't it? No-one really notices that you lose possession 50% of the time from a long punt, but play it out from the back and get caught a couple of times and the crowd are on the players' backs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

that's it isn't it? No-one really notices that you lose possession 50% of the time from a long punt, but play it out from the back and get caught a couple of times and the crowd are on the players' backs.

We lost possession before the halfway line more than 50% of the time in the 2nd half when trying to pas out from the back. Like I say, in general it's a good way to progress the way we play but tonight wan't the night for it and we should have tried something different.

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Tonight was absolutely the night for playing out from the back. Done successfully we would have quickly taken 5 of their players out of the game. The difference was that Leeds midfielders and forwards bust a gut to receive the ball from their defenders and ours did fizz all. 

1 hour ago, GMOwl72 said:

The one tonight on about 75 mins which went to Bannan who lost it about 30yds out. Ball then whipped in, Palmer ball watching his man ghosting past him and somehow they missed.Crazy!

It’s the trendy thing to do isn’t it. Coaching courses these days must have a whole section dedicated to it. Got away with it massively tonight.

First noticed it at Millwall in February. It cost us the game that night. 

1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

Needs to reduce the pressure by kicking long

Whilst i agree that sometimes you have to go long to relieve pressure, Dawsons kicking is poor and inaccurate so there lies another problem.

I do feel that we should have mixed it up a bit more tonight between long and short because doi g the same thing over and over and over again when it's clearly not effective is crazy and no way to win a football match.