66-1

Guest Bulgaria

Guest Bulgaria

Ok, so I am not saying lump on or owt like that, but of all the teams on 14 points, we are the outsiders.

Bet 365 even have Wigan and Blackburn at shorter odds to win the league, and even Birmingham are the same price as us..

Do they know summat we don't?

This league is open and there are no stand out teams. The bookies odds are quite unbelievable really considering the quality of some of our players. Yes, we are inexperienced and vulnerable at the back but I’d lump on at some of those odds. You can get 15/8 for Wednesday to finish in the top half. Incredible! Even more so, Pigs are 1/6. 

Youve also got to take into account that our form since BB and FF came back last season has been excellent. Probably top 2 in the league. If we can keep our players fit this season and find the right combinations and balance throughout the side, we have a good chance of top 6.

5 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Ok, so I am not saying lump on or owt like that, but of all the teams on 14 points, we are the outsiders.

Bet 365 even have Wigan and Blackburn at shorter odds to win the league, and even Birmingham are the same price as us..

Do they know summat we don't?

There is talk of 'a team' being deducted 15 points in March...:sad:

15/8 for top half finish is decent and only bet that anyone who likes there money should look at.

Just my opinion but promotion or top 6 maybe out of reach for us this season.

That top half finish should keep anyone interested untill end of season and maybe even have the luxury of enjoying the last 5/6 games.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Is this the usual get carried away after one win post?

It's not though is it, we are top of the league on current form, and ain't lost at home for 75 years....and we have players coming back.

This could bankrupt the bookies and plunge the world into financial meltdown.....we could end up infamous..

lol

41 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Is this the usual get carried away after one win post?

Do we ever learn lol 

Is that similar to ones slagging the team selection before a ball has been kicked.  If it is, it seems not.lol

On topic.  The market is not giving us the respect our form requires.  Not often it's wrong. However, this is an opportunity for a brave punter to clean up.  Give it 3 to 4 weeks and our odds will be much, much shorter.

We won’t win the league. We don’t know our best team, shape and we have various vulnerabilities at the back. However, the 15/8 bet for a top half finish is a no brainer. I’m going to bang a huge wedge on that. I do think if we can get the balance right in our team and Hooper and FF come back, why can’t we go for a top 6 place? No stand out teams this season. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Is that similar to ones slagging the team selection before a ball has been kicked.  If it is, it seems not.lol

On topic.  The market is not giving us the respect our form requires.  Not often it's wrong. However, this is an opportunity for a brave punter to clean up.  Give it 3 to 4 weeks and our odds will be much, much shorter.

I thought the selection was good pre match yesterday and you can see my comments on it, but we’ve been here so many times before 

next week against Leeds will be the Lord Mayors show after this week, I’m safely predicting that a week in advance lol 

50 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

got 100-1 last week. 

Just had another punt @200/1  ew 1/4 top 3.

Prob finish 4th :mad: but would still be happy just fewer quids in :biggrin: I'm covered down to top 10...lower than that, then a big hit.

I've no clue why the bookies have wrote us off, just no money gone on us I guess. But then again I can't see any going on Norwich, Wigan, Bristol City or even the Blad##s

Who all have shorter odds than us

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I genuinely believe we’re going straight up this season. We’re only 4pts off the top, yet we’ve been playing pretty badly- especially our defence. Thing is, it’s much easier to train a defence to tighten up, than it is to train a team to score goals. Once those clean sheets start appearing, and with Forestieri and Hooper knocking on the door, we will rocket up the table.