Sean Clare

Guest Willow Owl
6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well immediately, I suppose the one we’d earmarked for Lucas Piazon, who failed to turn up. Come January, take your pick, any of Westwood, Fox. Jones, Boyd or Winnall Longer term, he’d probably replace Onomah as one of our midfield options

All based on the fact he played 1 good half of football against Villa. He has a long way to go before he gets anywhere near any of the above players. Lets not forget, his current situation is also down to him and his advisors. We offered him a contract he turned it down, doesnt want to play for us. 

Wish him well but he does not deserve another thread about him. 

21 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

All based on the fact he played 1 good half of football against Villa. He has a long way to go before he gets anywhere near any of the above players. Lets not forget, his current situation is also down to him and his advisors. We offered him a contract he turned it down, doesnt want to play for us. 

It's an odd one - I mean Guru typically is against any player we are linked with so that one half of football is very telling!! 

26 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I don’t know the ins and outs of why he turned down the deal, and I’m not on some sort of mission to have him back. However, if he wanted to come back, then yes, personally, I’d welcome him back

I don’t know whether he’s the real deal, only time will tell. That’s true of all our youngsters though, and yes it was only one performance against Villa, but the quality of that performance suggests he has something. It was as good as, if not better, than anything I’ve seen from the current crop of youngsters We aren’t currently blessed with too many options in that department, and I think he’d be a useful addition, if there was an option to bring him back into the fold

Edited by gurujuan

36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well immediately, I suppose the one we’d earmarked for Lucas Piazon, who failed to turn up. Come January, take your pick, any of Westwood, Fox. Jones, Boyd or Winnall Longer term, he’d probably replace Onomah as one of our midfield options

I'm still unconvinced on this one Guru, I'm not sure what lies in his future but I've not seen enough of him to sacrifice any squad member for him. Those not included in Squad Westwood, Jones and potentially Boyd is a maybe but I'm fairly certain if they could be shifted they'd be gone already. 

I'd not be willing to swap our back up LB for a kid that's proved nothing in a position that he's unlikely to play in.

As for the cash put aside for Piazon, not sure if that is enough to match Clare's agents desires or if it even existed.

Hows his career working out since he thought he was too big for The Wednesday ? 

Bet he plays in the Premier league now, could someone google it and find out that lofty heights he's at now as I'm busy eating my full english and have a limited attention span to typing whilst binge eating...

ta

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I'm still unconvinced on this one Guru, I'm not sure what lies in his future but I've not seen enough of him to sacrifice any squad member for him. Those not included in Squad Westwood, Jones and potentially Boyd is a maybe but I'm fairly certain if they could be shifted they'd be gone already. 

I'd not be willing to swap our back up LB for a kid that's proved nothing in a position that he's unlikely to play in.

As for the cash put aside for Piazon, not sure if that is enough to match Clare's agents desires or if it even existed.

It’s all a bit of an unknown, and like I said, I’m in no way on a mission to bring him back. I did witness that performance against Villa though, where he pretty much ran the game. However, as you allude, in subsequent games, he was largely anonymous 

Who knows what he could do now, under a coach who is willing to give these youngsters a chance He might find that consistency, as young Thorniley has. I do feel midfield is an area where we could do with some younger blood.

It wasn’t just one half. He looked handy in most games he played, bar Bristol City and was key to the development side Better on the ball than off it though. As we’ve seen, these players can make a step up. Especially the ones who’ve had loan experience. 

Presumably he mustve got himself something lined up if he didn’t sign here. 

13 hours ago, RotterdamOwl said:

Is it possible that although we offered him a contract we had no room for manoeuvre due to the embargo (So he turned it down), but as he is still a free agent we can maybe do something now? I'd like to see him back as he'd be involved with the 1st team.

Clare was a development player who came through the ranks, played at Gillingham and had a couple of decent  games for Wednesday. So what is the fascination with this guy. Put it to bed. 

29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s all a bit of an unknown, and like I said, I’m in no way on a mission to bring him back. I did witness that performance against Villa though, where he pretty much ran the game. However, as you allude, in subsequent games, he was largely anonymous 

Who knows what he could do now, under a coach who is willing to give these youngsters a chance He might find that consistency, as young Thorniley has. I do feel midfield is an area where we could do with some younger blood.

Hunt, Kirby, Preston.

I'm sure he's capable of making a living playing professional football, he was in a good position at Hillsborough and to me as an outsider he should have bided his time here concentrated on getting a regular place then made his demands to the club. Now he seems to be in no man's land and will soon get overlooked the football world won't wait for him.  He's been badly advised or he's made the wrong decision and he should learn from this experience and when the next opportunity comes along he should grab it and hold on to it for all his worth.  

I wish him well.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

True but Onomah will be a better version of Clare in my opinion. so we have improved on him going.

We have, but with so many question marks over the Wednesday careers of current midfielders, Abdi, Lee, Jones and Boyd, I think still having Clare around, would have been a bonus. I have a nagging doubt that Lee’s injury may have been more serious than we have been led to believe

If he goes on to play 300 PL games and has a top career i dont GAF as we tried to sign him but he said no.

If his couple of games for us last year end up being the high point of his career i also dont GAF 

whatever happens.. he made his bed, he can lie in it.

Edited by GY-owl.4