Sean Clare

Just now, RotterdamOwl said:

Is it possible that although we offered him a contract we had no room for manoeuvre due to the embargo (So he turned it down), but as he is still a free agent we can maybe do something now? I'd like to see him back as he'd be involved with the 1st team.

Onomah is basically the answer to this question.

4 minutes ago, RotterdamOwl said:

Is it possible that although we offered him a contract we had no room for manoeuvre due to the embargo (So he turned it down), but as he is still a free agent we can maybe do something now? I'd like to see him back as he'd be involved with the 1st team.

How do you know we didnt offer him a very good contract ,but him and his agent though they could get better elsewhere ?

I doubt it to be honest. Nuhiu signed a new contract while we were under the embargo and there is no way he'd take a low ball offer when he was in such form at the end of last season.

It is of course plausible that our offer wasn't good enough for Claire but if we couldn't afford to tempt him then, nothing will have changed now. We don't suddenly have more money because the embargo has been lifted.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

How do you know we didnt offer him a very good contract ,but him and his agent though they could get better elsewhere ?

I don't, it was just an inquisitive question to see what people thought. You are probably right as in his agent has promised him the world and as of now has failed to deliver.

8 minutes ago, RotterdamOwl said:

He’s still a free agent for a reason. Sod him ! 

13 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Signed for Swansea and firing them to premier league. 

Hang on Swansea are saying who's he and never heard of him.

Very odd situation at the moment. It’ll be interesting to see what level he ends up at. 

Clare didn’t want to be here. Was good in a couple of cameos villa at home stands out but the group we’ve got at the minute seems hungry to be first team players including the fringe youngsters. We don’t need arrogant personalities in out team currently.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. He had one very good game and was ordinary to meh in the rest. He might be a good player in the future but you could say that about any young lad.

If he'd re-signed he might have had a few games this season but he didn't, so he won't. Yesterdays news. Obviously not in great demand so we might have saved a few bob.

He gave us something we’d been missing in a bit of drive in midfield and some confidence. I’d have him here as he’d be worth a few quid and if it was purely football related he’d be best served here playing games. However for whatever reason he didn’t fancy it, I don’t think the embargo stopped us.

Didnt he go to Swansea?