Matt Exton’s Sheffield Wednesday film is an absolute triumph

6 hours ago, alanharper said:

No, I was sad enough to check the date, Wed 16th Jan 1991. We weren't playing that night but somebody must have been because I remember being reyt annoyed that the football highlights got cancelled because what seemed to be a newsflash about the air strikes starting carried on all night. The fireworks were good though. 

I went to Coventry so it def wasn't that night.  

Same for me, i definitely remember being annoyed that they cancelled the footie highlights due to the air strikes starting. Stayed up all night in the vain hope that they would realise the importance of the football highlights, so Wedenesday must have been scheduled to be on. I was also sure it was that Coventry league cup game. There is no way i would have stayed up for any other football related reason! 

Maybe the last 28 years have been a collective hallucination, and in reality Wednesday have recently collected their 14th champion's league title, and Saddam Hussien turned out to be a massive practical joker and hadn't invaded kuwait after all. 

• Haha 3

I should add, I particularly liked hearing Tango, not just because he comes across well, I love hearing different accents, wether they be foreign or English, and to hear a non local accent declaring their love for our club (and people) it doesn’t get any better than that

We have supporters all over the world, we’ve had really interesting threads on Owlstalk about how people chose Wednesday, it would be great to hear from some of them.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

6 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I should add, I particularly liked hearing Tango, not just because he comes across well, I love hearing different accents, wether they be foreign or English, and to hear a non local accent declaring their love for our club (and people) it doesn’t get any better than that

We have supporters all over the world, we’ve had really interesting threads on Owlstalk about how people chose Wednesday, it would be great to hear from some of them.

Rather than the American guy haha

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This

It hurts how much damage has been caused to the club since relegation from the PL in 2000. We've lost a generation who can only watch Youtube clips to see that we were once one of the countries top teams. When you look at the money in the PL and how it has transformed teams and even lead to them being able to build super new stadiums it's an incredibly long road back.

The dream right now has to be able to get back to the PL and stay there. We spent the majority of our history in the top flight and I really hope we can get back there in the near future. Without having seen the documentary I can no doubt say it will show our fans in a good light because they are some of the most passionate and loyal in football.