Matt Exton’s Sheffield Wednesday film is an absolute triumph

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

This

It hurts how much damage has been caused to the club since relegation from the PL in 2000. We've lost a generation who can only watch Youtube clips to see that we were once one of the countries top teams. When you look at the money in the PL and how it has transformed teams and even lead to them being able to build super new stadiums it's an incredibly long road back.

The dream right now has to be able to get back to the PL and stay there. We spent the majority of our history in the top flight and I really hope we can get back there in the near future. Without having seen the documentary I can no doubt say it will show our fans in a good light because they are some of the most passionate and loyal in football. 

I agree, for the sake of the club, we must get back to the Premier league

But in all honesty, the Premier league in its current state bores me, I rarely watch it because you know what kind of game you’re going to get

The Championship is a better spectacle, any team can beat any team, it’s a brilliant league

But like I said earlier, we have to get back, because every season we aren’t there, we fall further behind

Our support must be the envy of half of the Premier league, it’s time we got back there

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

7 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

But in all honesty, the Premier league in its current state bores me, I rarely watch it because you know what kind of game you’re going to get

The Championship is a better spectacle, any team can beat any team, it’s a brilliant league

Totally agree

For me the success of our club isnt purely about being in the Premier League 

I think getting there offers all kinds of pains we've not felt for a while but accept that everyone wants it so....

For me a successful club is inclusion, where fans and club trust each other and work together, where as many of our community are able to afford to come and watch the football matches, where families can enjoy time together regardless of result, where the food, drink and merchandise is desirable, well presented, served with brilliant customer service and value for money, and where the whole matchday experience is a seamless enjoyable afternoon.

Being proactive as a football club and coming up with unique, forward thinking ideas to engage fans  (such as last night's film premiere) is what it's about for me. 

The fans are the club, we're a (disfunctional) family, and there's many happy times to be had regardless of whether we're in the Premier League getting battered by Man United and co on a weekly basis

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally agree

I think getting there offers all kinds of pains we've not felt for a while but accept that everyone wants it so....

For me a successful club is inclusion, where fans and club trust each other and work together, where as many of our community are able to afford to come and watch the football matches, where families can enjoy time together regardless of result, where the food, drink and merchandise is desirable, well presented, served with brilliant customer service and value for money, and where the whole matchday experience is a seamless enjoyable afternoon.

Being proactive as a football club and coming up with unique, forward thinking ideas to engage fans  (such as last night's film premiere) is what it's about for me. 

The fans are the club, we're a (disfunctional) family, and there's many happy times to be had regardless of whether we're in the Premier League getting battered by Man United and co on a weekly basis

lol

We often did okay against Man U

There was a couple of seasons in the mid eighties where we beat them at Old Trafford 2 years running

I missed both games

I had been made redundant, and went over to Weeze, Germany intending to stay there a month to help my sister who had given birth to her second child, I stayed 3 months hole her husband was away on war games, I missed many games including our 2-0 win at Old Trafford

I missed the win the following year too, I can’t remember why, I was probably still moaning about missing the first one.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally agree

lol

I dont always agree with you neil but youve summed it up brilliantly there. I'll be buying the film when its out.

WAWAW

On 05/09/2018 at 07:54, @owlstalk said:

What a film

well done Matt and well done Sheffield Wednesday and all the staff for one heck of a brilliant event tonight

On the clubs birthday, £18.67 for a ticket and the film for celebration of supporting our magnificent club

top too night and a great film

well done all concerned and Trevor at SWFC for helping Matt make it happen

Take it Mr Chansiri didn't do the pricing, it would have been 50 minimum.