Matt Exton’s Sheffield Wednesday film is an absolute triumph

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

QPR at home was a 7 (seven) I think 

Think that was pre some tart typing the results out on a typewriter. 

Someone may correct me on this, but were Wednesday on Sportsnight at Aston Villa the night we went to war in the Falklands? Got a memory for stuff like this and seem to recall them breaking away from an Andy Blair free kick to announce some Para from Aldershot had lamped a parking attendant from Buenes Aries in Port Stanley. 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I was in an iron lung until I was old enough to go on the dole...so save your silly remarks for the politics section.

Shìtttt so sorry I bloody forgot about the Iron Lung ...

Please accept my heartfelt apologies 

So insensitive of me 

Care for a Cigarette ? ............

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Someone may correct me on this, but were Wednesday on Sportsnight at Aston Villa the night we went to war in the Falklands? Got a memory for stuff like this and seem to recall them breaking away from an Andy Blair free kick to announce some Para from Aldershot had lamped a parking attendant from Buenes Aries in Port Stanley. 

Thought they only did that with rabbits ..

Well old school warfare that is .....

Prices to view on ifollow

1st 10mins £5

half of film £50

remaining half £50

full film £95

....... only messing - obviously not seen it but sounds like people enjoyed it. Well done to those involved.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think every single Wednesday fan will download/watch this when it's out you know

I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't/shouldn't

I'm hoping this film is the first of many projects

Organise an Owlstalk members premiere at the Gaumont or wherever 

Sure it would sell out ?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, vulva said:

I remember at Rotherham, finished 2-2 I think...Emlyn Hughes penalty near the end...think he scored on rebound after goalie saved it...he went foookin mental....and wound up a few wednedayites with his celebrations.:rolleyes:

Day after they sunk HMS Sheffield (the Argentines did, not roverham)

40 minutes ago, vulva said:

Falklands war was in 1982, we didn't get Andy Blair until 84 or 85. 

I recall waiting for Midweek Sports Special which got cancelled when the first Gulf War broke out. But Andy Blair had long since left by then. 

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Falklands war was in 1982, we didn't get Andy Blair until 84 or 85. 

I recall waiting for Midweek Sports Special which got cancelled when the first Gulf War broke out. But Andy Blair had long since left by then. 

Sure that was the night we beat Coventry away. 

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

Sure that was the night we beat Coventry away. 

No, I was sad enough to check the date, Wed 16th Jan 1991. We weren't playing that night but somebody must have been because I remember being reyt annoyed that the football highlights got cancelled because what seemed to be a newsflash about the air strikes starting carried on all night. The fireworks were good though. 

I went to Coventry so it def wasn't that night.