Under 23 line up at Coventry today

15 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not all about winning.

Our young lads will have had great experience of playing against serious pros. 

Hope the injury to Williams isn't too bad.

No I get that, but a more level playing field would still allow them to be tested If it was all about testing them against older, bigger stronger lads, we might as well start them early, and just throw in the U16s 

Ditto what you say about young Liam Williams, I hope it’s not too serious

1 hour ago, Albertowl said:

Long delay as Thay wait for a stretcher to arrive to take Liam Williams off. Fell awkwardly and looks like a knee injury. He looks in agony 

Did Williams only recently return from an injury. He was one of those who looked promising. 

That is a young team who got a result. Pleased to see Preston got a goal and will ensure has confidence for when next asked to get involved for first team. 

Lonchar on the bench suggests he has not captured form he showed before getting injured his goal scoring season before last was extremely good and made up a good front three at this level with Preston and George Hirst. He was always mentioned as the one to watch from u/15 to first year scholars. Really hope he gets back to where he was.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I know it’s all about the development of youngsters, but when we get these games where an opponent fields such a strong side, surely it would be wise to use our quota of overage players? We must surely have three senior players who are in desperate need  of game time. A little help from one or two with experience, would also assist the youngsters against physically stronger opponents

Sometimes i think its good for younger players to play better teams. Definitely improves you and makes you more organised

some real positives being sounded out from the acaedmy boys.

Reckon Stobbs might be on his way soon? when his contract expire?

29 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

Living in Coventry I'm obviously not a regular U23 watcher, but here's my views in summary:

First half we were second best to a more powerful and experienced team. Second half we were the better team and played some decent football out from the back.

O'Grady was outstanding and he's a talker/organiser - like the look of this lad, but still probably not physical enough for the Championship. He'll get there though...

Jack Lee looked more comfortable when he dropped into the back 4 following Liam Williams' injury, but did ok in the holding MF role.

First half passed Hunt and Kirby by, but both grew into the game and some of the short passing arounfd the oponents box was terrific to watch - Both still look very youing even at U23 level!

Preston was a handful as the game moved on and always looked the most likely

Chris Sang the number 9 was on his own and worked his socks off, but never really looked a threat

Both full backs, West and Hughes looked tidy and in the main coped ok with a couple of quick wide men.

Stobbs - in and out of the game

Thanks. Good report. If you're not already in - there's a West midlands Owls group for fans down here (I'm Solihull). 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/456418561061945?ref=bookmarks