Nuhiu or Fletcher

Holmeowl here, are you a Holmfirth owl?

think both are limited but effective now and again . Need more flexibility and pace against better teams. Matias improving , making more runs behind defenders. Joao

could be a Henry cutting in from wide with ball at his feet. 

New loans look excellent positional acquisitions, 

we made hard work of yesterdays win, too many mistakes, Pelupessy worries me, even Lees making odd mistake. 

Must get Lee back and is Clare a free agent, best prospect I’ve seen for years. 

If we had a Treore or one fast winger we could still have a go this year. 

Why the hell did we buy Rhodes, who advised ? Cost us financial fair play block?

Holmeowl

11 minutes ago, holmeowl said:

think both are limited but effective now and again . Need more flexibility and pace against better teams. Matias improving , making more runs behind defenders. Joao

we made hard work of yesterdays win, too many mistakes, Pelupessy worries me, even Lees making odd mistake. 

Why the hell did we buy Rhodes, who advised ? Cost us financial fair play block?

Holmeowl

What is this devilry?

11 minutes ago, holmeowl said:

Holmeowl

Hi yep Holmfirth. Clearly the hotbed of West Yorkshire Owls.

As others have said, both have their merits, and both will contribute this season The popular opinion immediately around me yesterday, was that Fletcher should have started. Me, I don’t agree. No way would Fletcher be able to participate in those high speed passing moves that carved Reading open. He does have other attributes of course, but is more of a traditional old school  target man

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Neither may get in later in the season. There will be a case for Hooper given he’s a class player but I actually can see Joao been played through the middle at some stage as well. I think we will get Onamah in the team which may mean that Reach plays wide right. I may be wrong but I can see it. Adam Reach will not be dropped imo - he’s too much a valuable team player. 

Not sure how Hooper is going to fit into JL’s system tbh.  He isn’t a show in by any means. 

..JL clearly rates Nuhiu and Joao and is prepared to use Fletcher tactically,

They are big strong strikers, something Hooper isn’t.

10 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Not sure how Hooper is going to fit into JL’s system tbh.  He isn’t a show in by any means. 

..JL clearly rates Nuhiu and Joao and is prepared to use Fletcher tactically,

They are big strong strikers, something Hooper isn’t.

Hooper is as strong as an ox. He can easily play the central striker role in a 3, no problem. He played that role for Celtic. 

When Carlos played 4-4-2, Hooper often played the number 10 role and given how good a footballer he is, he played it well. He’s played the main striker role throughout his career.

However, Hooper’s main problem is dislodging the other strikers which will not be easy.

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Hooper is as strong as an ox. He can easily play the central striker role in a 3, no problem. He played that role for Celtic. 

When Carlos played 4-4-2, Hooper often played the number 10 role and given how good a footballer he is, he played it well. He’s played the main striker role throughout his career.

However, Hooper’s main problem is dislodging the other strikers which will not be easy.

Good point..look at the way he took Terry out for the Reach wonder strike.

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He has had numerous injury problems so won’t be the player has was 3/4 years ago.

Your last point is the key one - can’t see JL dropping the other 3.

Hooper will have to prove himself 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

At least 3 from 7 -  Hooper, Forestieri, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Joao, Matias and Winnall will be benched every game. Some won’t even make the bench.

Lots of rotation. Lots of rest. Very few 90 minute appearances. HUGE competition for a shirt.

Great.

From what I've seen, it would be Fletcher for me. 

He's more mobile and has better hold up play. 

Don't think Nuhiu has started the season particularly well. 

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

I’d play Joao down the middle with Forestieri on the left and Matias on the right.

Having said that it sounds like Nuhiu played well yesterday so he deserves to keep the shirt.

So where's Reach playing?