Nuhiu or Fletcher

29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, the truth is, neither Nuhiu, or Fletcher, are ideal to play the role, and if Joao were a bit stronger, he’d be my choice In time, I think it will be his role

Front six of ...

Hutch/Pelupessy

Odomah                Bannan

Reach                     Nando

Joao 

3 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Front six of ...

Hutch/Pelupessy

Odomah                Bannan

Reach                     Nando

Joao 

Agreed. This is what will happen at some point and it will stay.

In response to GuruJuan, Joao is now strong enough to play the central striker role in my opinion. It’s just whether he prefers a Nuhiu in some games to occupy a couple of defenders or whether he wants Fletcher to play a target man role. 

However, I just think if we had pace, movement and trickery in a front 3, we could be lethal.

16 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Think this is the only question left with Joao.

Can he play the central, lone striker role.?

There is a lot of responsibility in that role. Keeping the shape, keeping possession and playing up there against the big centre halfs.

He seems to enjoy the freedom to roam about a bit and drift wide.

If he proved himself in the central, lone striker role he would be worth a fortune 

Personally I don't think Joao is a central striker - much better playing off someone else .. seems to work well with Adthe who draws in a couple of players and allows Joao the space to work with the ball

2 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

if every striker was fit ,I'd start Hooper and fletcher

on there day there's no better strike partnership in the league

Fernando loanee bannan reach

. Hooper fletcher

:goalie:

Yep. Me too. 

Though Joao and Atdhe are making me doubt this as every few games pass. Great position to be in. 

But yes, imo that’s six brilliant players, each in their best position, so what’s not to like? 

Perhaps we will see a mix of 433 and 442 ( with your line-up) As Jos rotates thru the season.

Edited by Holmowl

Jos definitely seems to favour the technically gifted front players, so I’m sure, when he’s fit, Hooper will come into the equation 

Personally, I’m not sure that we can mix and match. In theory, you get the best of both worlds, but it generally doesn’t work out like that We saw that with Jordan Rhodes. On his day, one of best finishers in the division, so the temptation to throw him into the mix was pretty obvious. However, he doesn’t have the all round game to be part of our attacking unit. I would say the same applies to Sam Winnall as well

2 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Personally I don't think Joao is a central striker - much better playing off someone else .. seems to work well with Adthe who draws in a couple of players and allows Joao the space to work with the ball

In his last 15 games where he has played more than 45 minutes, Joao has scored 10.

Nuhiu has 10 from his last 11.

In nearly every case these goals have come when both have been on the pitch. 

This time last season Hooper and Fletcher had similar success. First it was Fletch scoring most of the goals, then Hooper. Similarly Atdhe scored more freely than Lucas late last season, but this year it is Lucas finding the net. Us fans often lose patience when a striker loses the finishing touch, but we need to bear in mind there is a reason why a partnership scores so many.