Fox, Boyd and Jones

Guest Hillsborough Mole

18 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Pelepussy hasn't improved since he arrived. I reckon he's had 3 good performances and yet the manager refuses to drop him, despite singling out others who regularly perform significantly better.

If you don't like my views, just hide them. 

Don't you think Pelupessy had a good game against Millwall and a decent performance against Ipswich? Not spectacular by any means but much improved on previous displays and contributed towards positive results. 

I have been critical of him prior to that but happy to hold my hands up last week and hope that when he is in the side he continues to prove me wrong, which is basically what you are saying should be the case with the 3 mentioned at the start of the thread isn't it? 

21 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Said the same tonight.

He was involved more in the first half than Joey has been all season.

But there's a big difference between being involved and being effective. No drive at all from midfield tonight. All sideways, backwards etc at no point were Lee or Jones ahead of Fletcher and were just so easy to pick off.

Jones was poor but he was totally isolated. Tried to play the midfield maestro and it didn't come off. He's got the talent, but that's his first game time in months so he's well off the pace. 

Boyd was back to being left back. Rarely got forward. Was useful when he did get forward but was too isolated with no support to be effective. He's a very talented footballer whose years are taking a toll, especially after 6 months out and 2 surgeries last season. In the current system we just can't use him well at all. 

Fox did OK. Always wanted the ball and tried hard, but he's just not got the talent to be successful at Championship level in my opinion. Squad player at best. 

Edited by kristmace

I don’t rate either Boyd or Fox at all. I’ve not seen them have a good game for Wednesday.

Whilst, we shouldn’t have signed David Jones, I think he’s a decent player and in my opinion he is better than Joey. He can control games whilst Joey is limited. Only negative with Jones is that he hasn’t any pace and sometimes the opposition can play around him with pace if they target him. 

10 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Jones is streets ahead of Pelepussy

One agree and one disagree so far! Sums it up. 

No one can agree on players; Rudi was crap, Booth was great. Some think the opposite. 

Thats football. Weird isn’t it. How views can be so different on something do simple 

Jones, is a steady Eddie, past his best and not really physically up to this league anymore, granted the Jones from maybe 2/3 seasons ago would still be a very useful player at this level. 

Boyd probably see above as with Jones, loosens last year, past his best and about ready for putting out to pasture or a coaching position. 

Morgan fox, he vexes me, signed in January and started to look like he could become a solid if uninspiring full back towards the back end of the session after a bit of a run in the side and was beginning to look solid value for 500k....

Then just simply regressed and got worse and worse. 

After our cb crisis played a few games there and same again looked like he may be better playing in there as a cb, not the quickest, but a bit of aggression and decent enough in the air, but yet again then fell away and started to regress. I don't think he's that bad a footballer as far as ability is con's Concerned, not as awful as some seem to think, it's the mental side of his game that's the problem, lack of confidence, self belief and will to win and succeed coupled with a lack of concentration at times and application. 

Boyd & Jones were good players once upon a time but sadly not any more. They both look like they are running in treacle. Huge waste of wages. Got to be on 40k between them a week. No ones going to take those contracts on so we are stuck with them. I hope its the last two 31+ on big wages that comes here on more than a 12 month contract. Madness giving those players 3 year deals!

Fox, the less said the better. He's just not upto this standard & never will be. He plays with his head down, he gets bullied by the opposition because he isn't strong enough & he tackles like he'd tackle a 6 year old on the back garden, no conviction or aggression.

Jones was ok 

Fox and Boyd might as well have been sat in stand with me for all the use they were 

I called the penalty as soon as the Wolves player got the run on him said to my nephew "he'll tackle him in the box rather than foul him early well outside the box" which is exactly what he did, the ***