The sending off

It looked studs up and nasty from where I was (kop side level with 18 yard line in the North) - Mind you I was worried Nando was also going to get into trouble as he went in  for it as a "block" tackle which can look two footed. I think he was just protecting himselfas he anticipated the other lads' wild lunge. I did think it was a red (but then again I always think at least one of the opposition should be sent off against us on a mandatory basis) :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Just now, Tom22709 said:

Red was putting record straight for their goal. Happens all the time, not a red but their goal was 5 yards off

Yellow at most for me from where  I was sat. ...if it was the other way round and one of ours had been sent off we'd have been fuming. Just saw the back end of the replay after the goal and don't think it was offside. Thought the lad that scored was onside. There was another lad behind him who was a couple of yards offside but it wasn't him that scored and didn't look as though he was going for it. 

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

I'd expect our player to get a red if they did that. Red all day. Brilliant from the ref, about the only thing he did right mind you. 

With his performance in the game, I wouldn't have been surprised if he played advantage with Fessi's leg hanging off. Constantly pulling back play for a free kick when we were on the break so half expected a player to get broken in two and him wave advantage.