Westwood no longer training with first team

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I feel your frustration. And while there are still a few people who won't hear a bad word said about the chairman, the vast majority in this thread are just saying that there is often more to a situation than "the club are out to screw everything up".

I understand why the Westwood scenario is emotive, and I agree that he is still the best keeper at the club. However there is certainly more to the situation than the club just want to hang him out to dry for sh*ts and giggles.

As Snoots says, it'll all come out in the wash (wesh)

Not always, even when a player thinks he's been treat unfairly they're often reluctant to speak out in the aftermath as they don't want to get a reputation as a trouble causer. Players like McGugan came here with that reputation after seemingly leaving every club on bad terms and it can have a huge effect on a player's career. McGugan's career looks over and he's only 29, rightly or wrongly manager's are probably reluctant to give him a chance due to his reputation.

Listen whatevers gone on for right or wrong Westwood isn’t going to play again 

people need to dry there eyes and get behind the lad inbetween the sticks 

Could be anything.

He could have a really bad injury that means he's out until near January, and if we told people about it, and wanted to sell him in january the buying club would pay anywhere near the valuation.

Maybe he's being investigated for something? Maybe he got into a fight with a player/coach. Maybe he did something so bad the club can't tolerate it?

Maybe he's ill and wants to take a break from first team affairs until he feels mentally better?

53 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Don't know why anyone is surprised by this, this is what clubs do when they are trying to force a player out.

It's also what clubs do with disruptive players who've breached club discipline.

17 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Ok so let’s use some common sense and past knowledge, when has Westwood not shown full commitment to the club or team up to this point????

all I have ever seen is him be a professional with lots of passion for our club, but what do I know......

Sure, but what do any of us know what's happening behind the scenes?  Just because he hasn't gobbed off in public doesn't necessarily mean "full commitment".

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Then release him, sell him, get him out of the club, what we are doing is wrong, for him, for the club and for the fans, it’s another situation of someone trying to act the big boss and freezing a player out that benefits nothing but someone’s pride. 

Like ke everything else at our club it’s a clusterfuck of a way of dealing with things. And for what it’s worth I have no doubt he might have spoken up, and I think I would too if I was in his position. 

Is a release possible without incurring a sizeable payout?  What if this was all due to an aborted transfer that was scuppered at last moment?  There are a lot of variables here in whats likely a very delicate situation.

14 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

If it was a one off I could accept your point, it isn’t and it keeps happening, it would seem as like everything else at our club it’s do as someone says or fizz off.  

Althouh the sensible solution would would be to sort it out and get him back in the first team again before we are up poo creek, but we all know that ain’t going to happen, it’s far too sensible

But Jos has been working with the two youngsters his whole time here.  Time and work invested.  Why upset the applecart on a position of relative strength here?

A disgrace if true

Dropping him to 3rd choice is bad enough but making him train away from the first team is totally uncalled for after all his performances for us and and not forgetting all the times he's won us points during the last 4 or 5 seasons

It is really depressing the way the club is being run at present