Westwood no longer training with first team

31 minutes ago, Prince said:

slightly better distribution vs Better all round keeper who commands his defence. I know who I would rather have in my team. 

All this turd about beating the club at every opportunity. Isn't it all about getting more points than the other sides in the league and finishing higher up the table. If anyone can explain how letting this lot get away with all these awful ideas and basically knee capping our first team is going to help us do that then I will clap along too and wave my flag.

Pathetic.

Knee capping the first team? You dramatic little girl.

So tying down FF and Joao, keeping hold of Bannan is knee capping the team? One player in Westwood where there is a cloud and that’s it. What prize assets have left then? 

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

To the forever faithful anything makes sense so long as the club aren’t in the wrong 

What exactly are you on about here? It's like you are having an argument in an empty room...

It seems to me like 99% of fans can find some fault with the club currently, I don't think these "the club can do no wrong" people exist anymore, other than in your head.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Knee capping the first team? You dramatic little girl.

So tying down FF and Joao, keeping hold of Bannan is knee capping the team? One player in Westwood where there is a cloud and that’s it. What prize assets have left then? 

Tell me how playing unproved kids over an International goalkeeper isn't a handicap? As for the little girl comment if name calling is all you have.... Game Set and Match!!!

1 minute ago, Prince said:

Tell me how playing unproved kids over an International goalkeeper isn't a handicap? As for the little girl comment if name calling is all you have.... Game Set and Match!!!

Do you know what’s gone on behind the scenes?

Maybe Westwood told chansiri to do one, not beyond the realms of possibility is it? Seems like an outspoken chap 

A consequence (Westwood’s demotion in this example) is the result of an action, something’s gone off hasn’t it but we don’t know as of yet what that is 

So what other players have “them lot” knee-capped?

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

So basically Westwood is leaving. We know his leaving so is training away from 1st team while the 1st team prepare for games. It's August 22nd and we still have 9 days to get the best loan to be made permanent deal possible for him. No big deal as long as he is moved on by the end of August. If no deal is reached then Jos might be asked to put him back in but i don't see that happening. He will be gone in the next 9 days. But that will not stop the melt downs on here happening.

And you think that's OK? 

The club have known they have had 2 good prospects behind Westwood for some time. Jos has seemingly been planning without Westwood for some time. The club have known they have been in a financial mess for some time. Yet Westwood, an asset who would have had a decent price tag a few months ago, even as far back as January given the rumour is that he has been fit but has refused to play or we can't afford to play him, is now basically available for free as he will be able to discuss terms with other clubs on a free move as of January and so no club will pay a fee for him now. 

Great bit of financial planning that.

Meanwhile our young keepers fragile confidence will continue to be tested as a league clean sheet looks nowhere in sight and the defence has no leadership or organisation.  

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Snoots is posh ,so won't do his own weshing,  he has servants for that.

Reverse Snobbishness this!  Trying to make out I live some cossetted life and am so far removed from the lives of the working man that I don't know what Weshing is!

Well I do!

I know the name of a cheap German wine when I hear one!

• Haha 2

All just theories as far as I can see. All as valid  as every other. Different opinions, just as valid as each other. 

As is my theory why Bannan is so keen to state his love of the club at the moment (and I genuinely believe he loves playing here btw). Doesn't want to be targeted as the next fire sale item if Westwood refuses to be the sacrificial lamb.

Again, pure conjecture on my part but at least I used my brain to put together potential scenarios that hold together when you think them through, whether right or wrong. 

3 hours ago, David1867 said:

The club have apparently had offers for him as well but none have met their valuation (whatever that may be!). This has all come from somebody within the club. 

They have not met his wages is more accurate.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

You obviously don’t read the threads much.  There is a hardcore group of about a dozen on here that would let Chansiri murder their entire family, wee wee in their mouths, burn down their house and ride off into ththe wind yet they still say all is well and find reasons why it’s always someone else’s fault, players, fans, agents, coach’s,anyone except the man who they worship as god for spunking away 65 odd million because he says he loves us and wears a Wednesday scarf.  

We have ate the third case that we know of where a player is frozen out and yet some still think it’s players.......  honestly some of our fan base are gullible as fizz sorry 

I feel your frustration. And while there are still a few people who won't hear a bad word said about the chairman, the vast majority in this thread are just saying that there is often more to a situation than "the club are out to screw everything up".

I understand why the Westwood scenario is emotive, and I agree that he is still the best keeper at the club. However there is certainly more to the situation than the club just want to hang him out to dry for sh*ts and giggles.

As Snoots says, it'll all come out in the wash (wesh)

And again with the Gary Neville comments...

"If a manager goes back on his word after making his decision. It will make him look weak and the players will walk all over you"

So booting Westwood out was a big decision, but he must stick to it and keep to his own remit of lowering the average age of the squad.