Westwood no longer training with first team

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Who cares if Westwood is squeaky clean or not

What are we supposed to do then, if say.. he said 'I ain't playing in the underfoookin23's and no foookin reserve side either...and by the foookin way I ain't leaving for less money.

OK, you're in the first team Saturday.

No idea what happened and nobody outside the club does either.

But in those circumstances would you still pick him?

2 hours ago, David1867 said:

As the title says. 

Westwood is no longer involved in first team training and has been training alone or with youth keepers since the middle of last week. 

What at a really sad ending to his time at Hillsborough. 

Chansiri just fizz off 

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Yep sorry getting sidetracked by idiocy again, but seriously Westwood third choice is like saying bannan is 5th choice in central midfield. Absolute testicles or absolute stupidity, take your pick which one

im watching jeremy kyle.   very similar

38 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

7, He personally (not his agent acting behind his back) tried to engineer a move away from the club

So, his agent is superfluous then? Good reason to employ one.

And with Westwood now out of the way, labelled as a bad apple, everything is awesome again. 

Awaits awesomeness scenario with baited breath.........

And we were ever so upset with Westwood’s actions (if true) because we wanted to keep him, and not see him go elsewhere, so presumably must’ve rated him highly. So highly in fact that the issue could not be resolved through dialogue, with Westwood now no.3.

And Westwood wants to leave so badly that he is waving his arms in the air saying “Here I am and I’m fit, and raring to go”.

Doesn’t add up does it?

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, g-owls said:

I saw Westwood at the Hilton in Lincoln the night we played them.

Face like a blacksmiths anvil. 

And that's when he is in a good mood!

37 minutes ago, trotter said:

This.  I don't get the Westwood love in. The Brentford and Blades home games last season spring to mind.  He was great in his first season here but his standards slowly slipped following that.  Not saying he isn't decent but he didn't have a good season last year and his distribution is no better than Dawson or Wildsmith.  In fact it's probably worse.

slightly better distribution vs Better all round keeper who commands his defence. I know who I would rather have in my team. 

All this turd about beating the club at every opportunity. Isn't it all about getting more points than the other sides in the league and finishing higher up the table. If anyone can explain how letting this lot get away with all these awful ideas and basically knee capping our first team is going to help us do that then I will clap along too and wave my flag.

Pathetic.

Who knows what's gone off - what we do know is he's quickly disappeared from the squad and assuming he's fit leaves a lot of questions.

We need to resolve the situation one way or another and have 9 days to do this.

Westwood is 34 in two months, and he's probably got one last 2 yr contract in him. I think we may have had Westwood's best years and maybe it's just time to move on.

One reservation I have however, is he played a major part in those clean-sheet-records over the last three seasons, and we really could do with some of these at the moment.

• Like 1