Westwood no longer training with first team

12 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Practically all players are motivated by money , maybe Westwood has turned down moves as it involves a pay cut ? 

Would you leave your current job, to go to the same job, for less money?

if the answer is yes, then you are a fool.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So, if you first of all assume that all the stuff that appears on here is true, then can we also agree that if we fail to sell or loan Westwood before the end of this month, it wouldn’t make sense at that point to let him rot playing with young kids whilst 

1)He is fully fit

2)We ship goals at an average of two goals per game

3)He needs to be in the shop window for a January sale

4)We remain in a relegation battle.

5)The defence(s) in front of him remain so poor and shakey, lacking direction and organisation usually provided by an experienced keeper.

6)HE IS STILL THE BEST KEEPER AT THE CLUB

Of course all the stuff on here is true it's OWLSTALK !!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

And how do you all know Westwood is squeaky clean in all this? 

Surely if as some are suggesting he is being treated so badly the players union would be all over it. Always two sides to a story and i dont think we've heard either yet. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pinky said:

Would you leave your current job, to go to the same job, for less money?

if the answer is yes, then you are a fool.

Haha Where did I say that ? I was merely stating players are motivated by money .must admit I do feel a bit foolish now as I approach retirement having stayed with the same company for 30 years but there you go .

So, the manager comes out and say that Westwood is No3 choice and 95% on here think he is lying.

Someone with credibility (and a traceable source) on here says that Westwood is no saint, and had tried to engineer a move - 80% on here say the poster is lying and that Westwood must be perfect because he had 2 good seasons

Some nobody comes out and says that Westwood is training with the kids and its treated as 100% gospel and that the club is now dead to them!

You couldn't write it!

• Haha 3

What if

1)Westwood does not wish to leave

2)The club have decided to try and force him out as the sacrificial lamb to ease P&S demands

3)Westwood doesn’t respond well to bullying tactics and has dug his heels in

4)Westwood has the backing of the senior pros (the good players) 

5)This is causing a dressing room revolt outside of Jos’ control (proving the job is too big for him)

6)There is a Chairman and owner who also won’t back down even when clearly we need Westwood as our no.1 at the moment and the consequences include players not at all keen playing for a manager who diesn’t stick up for his players and has the backbone of a jellyfish.

I’m not saying this is what is happening, I have no idea, pure conjecture, make believe, probably not true. I’m simply suggesting this is as a potential scenario, as good as any other planted on here, that might explain the atrocious position we find ourselves in now, against a background of being led into P&S sanctions through ill planning.

So, made up sh1tt, like most stuff on here.

27 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So, if you first of all assume that all the stuff that appears on here is true, then can we also agree that if we fail to sell or loan Westwood before the end of this month, it wouldn’t make sense at that point to let him rot playing with young kids whilst 

1)He is fully fit

2)We ship goals at an average of two goals per game

3)He needs to be in the shop window for a January sale

4)We remain in a relegation battle.

5)The defence(s) in front of him remain so poor and shakey, lacking direction and organisation usually provided by an experienced keeper.

6)HE IS STILL THE BEST KEEPER AT THE CLUB

7, He personally (not his agent acting behind his back) tried to engineer a move away from the club

Just now, 2roland2 said:

And here comes duncowl with the usual nonsense. Ofc he’s third choice, Ofc he is, to the u trained eyes of morons, and our manager no matter what some may think isn’t. Moron

I 100% guarantee that when it comes to football, Jos is less of a moron than you!

And judging by your use of the written word...

27 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I couldn’t care less he no longer plays for us. Our fans live in the past constantly . He was good ,but he’s not so much anymore.  he  made as many if not more gaffs last season as wildsmith in a similar amount of games . 

What I do find brilliant is the club just leaving him to rot. On a free transfer , somebody would have had him . Get him off the wage bill . I suppose that’s too much like using your brain 

This.  I don't get the Westwood love in. The Brentford and Blades home games last season spring to mind.  He was great in his first season here but his standards slowly slipped following that.  Not saying he isn't decent but he didn't have a good season last year and his distribution is no better than Dawson or Wildsmith.  In fact it's probably worse.