Westwood no longer training with first team

13 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Good reason ? Why say fans are “ bleating “ How many clubs don’t play their best players . You are happy with the way our great club is run then . 

You don't have a clue so how can you know the club are acting inappropriately over this issue.

Seems people are keen to moan above ever decision even when they don't understand the actual facts.

Its like a kangaroo court on here.

1 hour ago, Box_Man said:

Disgraceful treatment of a senior player

Club is a basket case 

Well at least if the rumour about last Xmas is true he will be able to have Boxing Day off to be with his family.

Don't think for one min that he is squeaky clean in all this even though you do.

No difference.

Guest Bulgaria

My guess is that Westwood has done something that has irked the owners. He has been put in the dog house and up for sale.

Fellow colleagues are miffed at the situation, hence why performances are flat and certain players looking like they are going through the motions.

That's my take on things.

Guest Bulgaria
16 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I don’t know what that means all I do know is the best keeper at our club has been dropped , sell him if he’s not wanted then . 

Maybe they are trying to sell him, but he doesn't have to go anywhere.

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

As the title says. 

Westwood is no longer involved in first team training and has been training alone or with youth keepers since the middle of last week. 

What at a really sad ending to his time at Hillsborough. 

Assuming this is true, then this is a shocking state of affairs........

For me, it doesn't matter whether Westwood has done something / said something wrong or not, freezing players out of the 1st team squad is not the answer to any transfer or disciplinary issues.

If he's in bother for something, fine him, make him do extra training, christ it's not difficult!! If he's on the transfer list, play him!!

It's all ifs and buts at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has been frozen out, it's a bit of a recurring theme at the club. 

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

You don't have a clue so how can you know the club are acting inappropriately over this issue.

Seems people are keen to moan above ever decision even when they don't understand the actual facts.

Its like a kangaroo court on here.

Maybe you are ok with ticket prices I’m not I can’t afford anymore that’s a fact  that’s my moan . Westwood is fit and in my opinion our best keeper so I want him to play that’s my opinion. If we have no intention of playing him again , get it known to agents and clubs he’s on the transfer list ,sell him . 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

And how do you all know Westwood is squeaky clean in all this? 

Yeah your right...we’ve got a club that’s in a financial and mess that’s making the most random n bizarre decisions it’s ever made on its entire history...but yeah Westwood is to blame!!

When fit he’s one of our best assets but we decide to stick him in the reserves??  

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Some of our fans really can’t see the woods for the trees. Maybe all the staff, and players etc are all bad and naughty and it’s all justified ey??????

All speculation mate , som fans doing anything to have a pop at the club at the moment.

BTW all players staff etc are not saints either. The vast majority will put what’s best for themselves before the club.

1 minute ago, Bark1062 said:

All speculation mate , som fans doing anything to have a pop at the club at the moment.

BTW all players staff etc are not saints either. The vast majority will put what’s best for themselves before the club.

Practically all players are motivated by money , maybe Westwood has turned down moves as it involves a pay cut ? 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Practically all players are motivated by money , maybe Westwood has turned down moves as it involves a pay cut ? 

Just f-cks you off all those too happy to make assumptions about what’s happening at the club, then believe their own bullshit.

4 minutes ago, The Italian Stallion said:

Assuming this is true, then this is a shocking state of affairs........

For me, it doesn't matter whether Westwood has done something / said something wrong or not, freezing players out of the 1st team squad is not the answer to any transfer or disciplinary issues.

If he's in bother for something, fine him, make him do extra training, christ it's not difficult!! If he's on the transfer list, play him!!

It's all ifs and buts at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has been frozen out, it's a bit of a recurring theme at the club. 

Agree if it's all true but a previous poster said he'd heard that KW refused to play for U23's when coming back from injury and refused to go on the subs bench more recently.

If that is true he may not have been frozen out but made his own decision.

Not saying any of that's true either just could be a possibility ?

47 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Yeah, he's defos been excluded from the squad for no reason whatsoever.

Of course the club has a reason. Let's stop acting like he's been treated unfairly by the club for no reason whatsoever.

No the club doesn’t have a reason. They’re disgusting and out to sabotage the club and us fans, Westwood was exempt for absolutely no reason whatsoever, didn’t you know? 

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

As the title says. 

Westwood is no longer involved in first team training and has been training alone or with youth keepers since the middle of last week. 

What at a really sad ending to his time at Hillsborough. 

flippingdisgrace by SWFC.

So, if you first of all assume that all the stuff that appears on here is true, then can we also agree that if we fail to sell or loan Westwood before the end of this month, it wouldn’t make sense at that point to let him rot playing with young kids whilst 

1)He is fully fit

2)We ship goals at an average of two goals per game

3)He needs to be in the shop window for a January sale

4)We remain in a relegation battle.

5)The defence(s) in front of him remain so poor and shakey, lacking direction and organisation usually provided by an experienced keeper.

6)HE IS STILL THE BEST KEEPER AT THE CLUB

• Like 1

I couldn’t care less he no longer plays for us. Our fans live in the past constantly . He was good ,but he’s not so much anymore.  he  made as many if not more gaffs last season as wildsmith in a similar amount of games . 

What I do find brilliant is the club just leaving him to rot. On a free transfer , somebody would have had him . Get him off the wage bill . I suppose that’s too much like using your brain